Prologue: Life In The Nest
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[December 5th, Year 689, Jure Calendar] 

A young female Goblin who looked to be in her early twenties when in reality she was only 10 years old had given birth to a young boy named Obaron. She named him Obaron after the 25th Demon King of the same name, as she aspired that he would become someone righteous like Obaron.

She sent her son away to the centre of the Nest like the other Goblins, she said her goodbyes leaving him only an Encyclopaedia which had been passed on from his mother's family for generations, the Encyclopaedia had knowledge of nearly every type of Demon and as well as Herbs, Obaron would soon grow up.

[January 1st, Year 700, Jure Calendar]

Obaron now being 10 years old or in Goblin years 20 years old, he hasn't left the Nest before and had become a model member of the Nest. He always helped to gather herbs and was given the job as an Alchemist, brewing potions that had helped keep the integrity of the Nest. With the new year on the Horizon the Chief told him to relay a message to the Demon King.

"Are you serious, I-i can't do such a thing!" Obaron said in response.

He was surprised that he was being told to do such an important message.

"I trust that you will do this, consider this an opportunity to learn about the other Demons." The Chief said bluntly before dismissing Obaron and giving him the letter.

Obaron was escorted by the Goblins who were assigned to guard the Chief's room and was sent outside. He only was wearing rags and had his Encyclopaedia with him, he would begin to flip through the pages of the Encyclopaedia.

He realised that it had descriptions of Demons, he decided to read the description of Goblins 'A Low-Ranking Ogre-Type Demon is what a Goblin is, the lowest of the low. Short Height, Feeble Body and born with disadvantages with their only advantage being their high intelligence. Like most demons Goblins can't evolve unless it were to be through external experimentation' he was surprised by the fact of evolution, he had never heard of it as it wasn't in the curriculum of the Nest. Although the Nest didn't really have an education to start with.

He didn't have his eyes set on evolution, he knew he had to get the message relayed to the Demon King. But on his journey he wanted to make an impact, he wanted to change the reputation of Goblins and by doing that he had to show it with kindness.

 

0