03
30 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It all sort of gave the feeling of the Scottish misty countryside I've only seen pictures of. Diffuse lights, rich shades of green, mossy textures and the quiet could almost fool me into thinking I was outside, still on Earth. Maybe if I'd squint my eyes.

The air moisture was missing though; it messed with my senses and I just couldn't get over it.

Were it not for my sudden visitor, I would have liked to stay like that, content, clean, not hungry or worried about being rescued. I was truly transfixed, taking everything in but not in a hurry to figure any of it out.

The creature sprouted out of the side of one of the slabs I slept on. I first thought I was seeing black quartz crystals forming in fast forward. Thin metallic plates surfaced and then thick bubbling froth spewed around the structure. It moved fast but disjointed, flitting all over the room until it stopped on top of my bed. It shuddered, reshaping itself and then became still.

The thing then looked kind of like a slug or a snail in some ways... Or maybe a bucket of popcorn! Its main body appeared to be tubular, made out of 6 even metallic slabs, with a hexagonal top. None of the slabs were welded together and some of the spaces in between overflowed with the soft bubbling light green substance. The spills had, arching out, slug-like antennae; flexible, delicate and rounded at the tip. The entire creature had a metallic sheen and its size changed every time it had shifted position. One moment short and pudgy, the next tall and slim. It seemed to gain and lose mass at its whim. It could probably become the size of a flea and jump in my nostril. Or my slack mouth for that matter.

My zen brain took that moment to realise that a creature that flashed from place to place in the blink of an eye might not be safe for my health.

I half grunted half choked out a scream and from my sprawled out state, I hurried to scramble further away from the bed. The thing gave me no mind but at that point, I had seen enough of it to be confident about not wanting to see any more. I got on my feet and took off towards one of the bigger green structures, intending to just hide behind it. I didn't see the hole in the ground until I was halfway fallen into it.

0