07
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ewww! He did it!" screamed someone as I plopped down, wiping the blood off my mouth as best as I could. I lifted my eyes to look for that someone but judging by the lifted upper lips and scrunched-up faces, I figured they all knew what I did.

"Man, this other chick got taken cause she messed with their precious moss. She's gone now but maybe that's better. She looked like she was going to croak anyway."

"Thanks for the warning" I wheezed out. Ross was becoming more of an asshole every time he opened his mouth but maybe I just really hated what he had to say.

It could be that I was missing the solace of the crash site. It really sounded like a good place to be. Faced with my failure and disgust with these spaced-out zombies, I resolved to get back to it. Instead of listening to more of the eerie truths of this place, I laid on my side, closed my eyes and turned my back to them. Maybe it was time to find out if sleep is impossible now as well.

I couldn't really sleep but I could look up. Where the ceiling was supposed to be the walls seemed to just go up and up, fading all into white. Maybe these people figured it out and had no reason to look for an escape. I couldn't hold

on to my anger or frustration for them but I kept wondering why they all seemed unusually placid. In a group so diverse, wouldn't there be some more discontentment? People arguing over concepts and belief? Was the language barrier enough to avoid conflict? Is there something in the water? I chuckled at that thought.

Quick padding feet ran and stumbled over my outstretched arm. Lifting my head, I caught sight of a toddler waddling back to her feet and hurrying to catch up with a pair of giggling girls. They were all heading outside of the enclosure and none of the adults seemed to have any intention of stopping them.

0