20 Team
120 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thomas and Alex were having drinks. They each grabbed a piece of meat and ate.

Alex, who was having a drink for the first time in his life, was having a difficult time adjusting. He chewed on a piece of meat again and again trying to not get drunk.

'Who imagined alcohol was this bitter? I like milk more than this crap.' Alex thought while making a weird face.

"Why are you drinking like a baby? Don't take sips, down it in one shot." Thomas poured some more into Alex's glass.

"It's bitter!" 

"Are you drunk already? Why are you saying weird shit! Vodka is burning sweetness, not bitter. Huh! I am very disappointed in you. Young kids like you won't understand the sweetness even if I say so. Try one more glass." Before Thomas could pour one more shot. A message graced his phone.

"Fuck!"

Looking at it, Thomas' flushed face felt burning. His eyes were spitting fire while his mouth cursed aloud.

The angry Thomas almost broke the glass in his hand.

Alex who watched the change in Thomas quickly peeked at his phone. He too received the same message.

'The DNA sample contains gene sequences that are only seen in demons. Where did you get this sample? At a glance, it looked like plant tissue. But the DNA strain is similar to a demon. How can this be possible? Alex, Thomas, you need to get me more of this.' It was the message.

Doubts of Thomas were finally confirmed through this message.

"Now that he knows, you can keep this guy silent, right?" Alex asked Thomas.

"Yeah! Yeah! We both know him. He is trustworthy and the only one who can do an illegal DNA analysis this fast. Don't worry about him. You should pray to get your memories back."

"So, do you remember our promise?"

"Yes, we will investigate this alone and only report it if necessary. I don't know what game you are playing. But I really hope it works out fine."

"Then, welcome to the team! We are going to save Nova City." the excited Alex proclaimed.

"What team?"

"There is a team." Alex was ashamed to say that the only other member of the team was a ten-year-old brat. Maybe Thomas will like Leo. After all, he sang praises to him for demolishing the human trafficking organisation, Friday.

However, Alex concluded that it was not the right time to inform Thomas. So, he avoided the question.

—--------------------

Alex POV

After my dinner date with the team leader. We both went our separate ways.

It was easy to hail a cab in Nova city. Full self-driving enabled cars made it easy for even a drunk person to go home.

I still do not understand why people drink and ruin their health. But I get that it's fun to drink with someone familiar. Maybe that's why I drank so much even when I felt it was bitter.

A funny feeling was coming from deep inside me. Is this the so-called drunkenness I was feeling?

If I threw my fist around now, would it be a drunken fist?

While having serious thoughts similar to that, time went by in a flash. The door of the self-driving car opened as soon as I reached my destination.

It was a large familiar building. A familiar place that I visit whenever I faint.

'Hello, Nova city central hospital. How are you feeling today? Sorry for not visiting you sooner.' My thoughts reflected my age. I was still a toddler in my mental age.

In front of the hospital, waiting for me were Emily and Edward. Edward has already been discharged from the hospital. I was shocked to hear it.

A person who looked like a mummy with bandages all over him was discharged within two days. Was this hospital filled with quacks? Or was his healing ability that better?

So, now that Edward is discharged. Emily suggested that we go home together. That was the reason why I was in front of the hospital.

"Hi! I am not… not drunk" I said looking at two people who were staring at me.

"I can see that." Emily helped Edward get into the car while saying that.

Slowly supporting him, she helped him sit in the front seat. The crutches he had were folded and given to him.

"Pft…Hello Edward. You do not look like a mummy today. Welcome back to the human hood." I could not control my laughter while saying that.

"Hahahaha…You have a one of a kind boyfriend, my sister." Edward laughed with me hearing my quirky remark. 

"Okay, Okay. Can you move a little the not… not drunk person." Emily pinched from the side after helping her brother sit.

"Yes." I said moving to the side.

Emily quickly got in the car and typed in the destination. With Emily by my side, we were ready to depart.

In the meantime, the alcohol kicked in, making me drowsy. I slowly drifted into sleep while laying on something soft. I could only hear soft voices and then everything went quiet.

—--POV Alex end--------

While Alex was sleeping, Emily and Edward were having their own conversation.

"What did father say? Did he really call me back? I expected him to kick me out of the family for disobeying him. So, what changed his mind?" Edward spoke about his worries.

"Why are you making him out to be a villain? You know how he is when he is angry. And for the past twenty-plus years of my life. The only person who angered him enough to lose his mind was you. So, should I get you an award or something for that? And why did you go into an unexplored part of the dungeon? You could have died, you idiot. If you really want to be a dungeon explorer as you say, at least gain some skill before you do that."

"I am skilled enough. Can't you see how strong I have become? I killed a deformed demon alone and you say I am not skilled."

"If you are that skilled. Why did you wreck this poor guy's home?" Emily said while pointing at Alex.

While laying on her lap, Alex was smiling, dreaming about something. He looked happy and at peace.

"That was an accident, besides that. The demon was rampaging, trying to get to you. It looked as if it was targeting you. I had no choice but to throw him out of the building."

"So, you are finally ready to talk about that. What was the cool spear and armour you had? How did you wear it in a second? By chance, are they artefacts that you got from the dungeon?" Emily curiously asked. Her eyes were shining like stars.

Emily was working at a media corporation. Although her job was menial, like making ad pamphlets and writing descriptions of products. She always wanted to be a reporter. She was polishing her writing skill for that and the inquisitive nature was inside her blood.

So, she began questioning Edward about what happened inside the dungeon. Edward slowly explained to her about his adventure.

All the while Alex slept peacefully.

—------POV Alex—-------

As usual, I woke up. Brushed my teeth and ate my breakfast. After leaving the orphanage, I was ready to go to school.

It was a wonderful day.

The black sky was lit with a semicircular moon. Stars were shining through some clouds. It was beautiful.

Through the street light-filled roads, I walked.

The school was open and I could hear the bell ringing.

This was the last bell for the morning. I need to get to class fast.

To reach the school fast, I ran through the ground. Unfortunately, I stepped on a puddle and slipped. But falling down was out of the question. Like an ice skater, I skid through the ground super fast before reaching the classroom.

That was too easy! I wiped my sweat from my brows.

Smiling about my achievement, I walked straight into the class.

"Thuck!" My head hit the door.

Silly me, I forgot to open the door before entering. Laughing at my silliness, I walked inside.

In front of me was a cyan ball floating on the teacher's podium. It had a cap on its head and a piece of chalk levitating beside it.

Then I turned to look at my classmates. All of them were small balls of cyan light hovering above their seats.

What was happening?

I slowly turned to look down at myself. I had no legs, I too was a ball of cyan light hovering above the ground.

"Di he, why are you so late?" The cyan ball on the podium spoke towards me.

"Thuck… Ahhh!" The peaceful dream I was having turned into a nightmare.

I was jolted awake by the mental shock.

My scream almost scared Emily who was trying to wake me up.

"What happened?" She asked anxiously.

"Nothing! A nightmare." We had already reached home. I quickly exited the taxi.

4