21 Amusement
96 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

POV – Leo

At first, it felt like the end of the world.

There was nothing more I could do. Someone was ready to buy me. Helplessness washed over me.

I did not know who this person was or what he was. But, I knew he was dangerous.

From the core of my being, something warned me about his danger. My instincts screamed whenever I tried to attack him. Even then, I tried, again and again, to harm him. To escape from his clutches.

A new master was not something that I wanted. Escaping and surviving was the only option. And I needed to do everything I could do to survive.

For that is my nature, survival.

By manipulating dark matter, I tried to implant it inside his clothes like I always do with everyone around me. However, it was the first time that it failed. 

Before I could react, dark matter was being eradicated from existence. It was unimaginable for me.

'What was he?' I seriously questioned.

Is he human, like me?

For me, who doesn't even remember my own name. It was something that I never thought about.

Living inside a closed room, without anything to interact with. I almost forgot I was a human too.

I was a prisoner, I knew that.

A slave, I knew that too.

A commodity that was being sold.

Biding my time, I was living like a puppet. To find a chance to escape. I forcefully broke away from Friday's brainwashing technique. I lost my memories but retained my will. It was the reason for my creation of a complex escape plan. Unlike everyone else, I knew this was not my home.

And I was almost ready to escape. I was just unlucky to be bought by a powerful person at this time.

If only I had more time. I could have decimated this place while escaping.

—-

Leo, it was the name given to me by that man.

At first, he looked cold and uncaring. But gradually I could see some warmth in his actions.

The moment we reached the town. He carried me on his back.

Thinking it was my chance, I stabbed a dark matter needle towards his neck.

However, he nonchalantly disposed of my needle without even batting an eyelid. All the while ignoring me completely. I expected to get a painful beating for that, yet the punishment never came.

It was not kindness or pity that I saw in his eyes. He never saw me as a child nor as a slave. His eyes were different. Never before had I seen eyes like those.

The cold night felt warm for some reason.

—--

Everything after that was a blur for me.

In front of a burning building, he left me. And gave me a choice. To follow him or not.

Then, I almost died due to a demon. I saw that man jumping into a burning building to save people.

I saw a spear wielding man fighting toe to toe with a demon.

Everything ended quickly. Before I knew it, I had already chosen a family. Someone who helps people in need was better than all the people I have ever seen. So, I made the choice to follow him.

—----

After a couple of days. Inside Emily's house.

Now, I have a home.

This was the first time I felt alive.

The thing called Syndicate Chicken was fantastic. If there was heaven on earth, this was it. I was sure.

The bed was warm. Unlike the jail cell that I lived in, this was an upgrade.

The food was warm. Instead of the bland and tasteless food I ate in the past. I now know there are many delicate smells and flavours to food.

The people were warm too. They smiled while looking at me. I did not receive the usual scowl from any person in this house. Was this how everyone outside interacted?

It couldn't have gotten any better.

I even made a little friend, Theia.

Now there was only one worry inside my heart. Why was I brought here?

Alex, that man was powerful. Competent and kind.

For someone like him, I was nothing but a burden. So, Why did he really bring me here? I thought while looking at Alex who stumbled out from a taxi. Emily was supporting him while the spear holding guy was walking with crutches beside them. 

—-------End Leo POV—------------

Alex was lying in bed.

It has been a day since he explored the river basin.

Time was moving fast and a new day welcomed him again.

Walking out of his room, Alex felt exhausted. A good night's sleep was not enough to reduce his exhaustion.

Slowly memories of yesterday became clearer in his mind. Shame washed over him imagining how he acted like a baby in his drunken stupor.

'Can it be any more humiliating?'

Emily had to drag him out of the car yesterday. Remembering her clear voice chiming next to him made Alex blush abruptly.

'No, it can't be any more humiliating.' Alex concluded.

'Never will I drink with the team leader again. Alcohol is my bane.'

'Like how Superman avoids Kryptonite, I should stay far away from alcohol.' He decided.

Walking down the stairs, he went to the kitchen.

Living with the Vulcan's was quite easy task, unlike what Alex expected. He didn't have to do anything and got everything for free. It was like a vacation for him.

'Should I be worried? Nothing is this easy in Outerworlds.' He thought while grabbing some water to drink from the kitchen.

Soon, another person walked into the kitchen. She was surprised to see Alex, yet she walked around ignoring him. Aurora Vulcan was cold towards Alex. The moment she saw him, she knew that he was a loser.

'Who else would introduce themselves as 'Hungry!'. Was that a dad joke?' She thought looking at the timid Alex stumbling around the kitchen.

Besides that, seeing the drunk Alex yesterday seems to substantiate her opinion about him.

"Hello!" Alex said, seeing Aurora staring at him.

"Hmm." Nodding her head she went away.

'What was that? Did she just nod at me? Kids these days have no manners.' Alex thought as if he forgot he too was barely an adult inside.

"Alex, washup, our family is going to the amusement park," Emily said, seeing Alex.

"Okay!" Alex replied as if it was natural. Yet he felt something odd about the phrasing.

'Our family? They are your family, not mine.' He was confused.

—----------------

Alex POV

I had heard about amusement parks. Went there a couple of times in my past life. But nothing could compare to the amusement park that I was seeing right now.

It was huge!

Was this Jurassic park? I thought while exclaiming at its size.

There was everything here. A zoo with mana beast and different animals. Tech exhibitions. Large wild forest-like parks to explore. Area to climb mountains. A water themed park and even different roller coaster rides that spanned kilometres.

Yes, This was a park. Ah huh! A park!

This is what advanced technology with mana can do. I would like to roam around here alone, exploring every inch with satisfaction.

But, we were here together with 'family'. I didn't have much freedom.

Then again, I let Edward take care of Leo. He was okay with it. He gave a knowing smile and pushed me towards Emily.

'No, that was not it. I have a pure mind and soul. I was just thinking of exploring alone.'

We had a great time exploring the park.

Until something crazy happened.

An explosion seems to have occurred near one of the zoos holding many dangerous mana beasts. It was pure chaos. Theia, Leo and Aurora, who went to buy ice cream were nowhere to be seen. 

"Shit!" Don't tell me it is what I think it is.

No way! Outerworld pulled one over me again. Due to my negligence, I forgot about this incident.

An incident where Theia gets kidnapped. But due to my meddling, the incident seems to have been pushed forward. And now, Theia, Leo and Aurora were kidnapped.

"Fuck! I should find them fast!"

4