14 Cyan ball
143 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The world was dark. As dark as it can be.

Expecting to wake up in a hospital, I waited. It was nothing to be surprised about. After all, whenever I fainted, I woke up in the hospital. It would only surprise me If I came back to my original world.

But fate had something different planned for me.

In the darkness, I waited. Like any normal person, I tried opening my eyes, lifting my arm and even calling out cuss words when everything else failed. But it was of no avail.

I was stuck in the darkness.

There was nothing but me in the darkness. I could not feel my hands, feet, or even myself.

My senses were obstructed and the only thing that remains is my thoughts, one by one questioning myself.

Every day for the past week, I was thrown at different conundrums one after another. By the end of it, I was sure my brain was drained. Is this what brain death feels like?

Normal people die of old age, poverty and accidents. I died due to a boar. Doesn't that make me memorable? The logic was flawed, but that argument gave peace to my restless soul.

How much more should I wait for the gateway to heaven to materialise?

"Di… He…Ca… Ya… He… mm…" A faint voice rang inside my head. After not hearing anything for a while, the prospect of regaining my hearing excited me.

Di… Hea..!" Again the voice bore into my mind.

It was not some random noise. It was a voice. Voice of someone.

Was it the god of death, here to accompany me to heaven?

Now that everything has reached an anti-climatic end. I should follow the god of death and leave.

'I wish you good luck, you pitiful human souls, toiling in the harshness of earth.'

Wishing my farewell, I moved towards the sound. Or am I even moving? I don't know. But the voice was getting clearer and clearer.

"Di… HEa…!"

"Di… HEA..!" It called out to me again and again.

I could not understand the words. But it felt much closer.

Suddenly, In the darkness. I saw a small flicker of light. It was the one calling to me.

The excitement of regaining my vision faded away as soon as I felt the ground below me. I walked on the ground toward the light.

A thin piece of foggy veil separated me from the light. I realised that by only crossing through it can I reach the other side.

For me, a dead person. It was an easy decision, to cross or not. Pushing my hands forward, I lunged at the separation.

Unlike my expectation, the material was not tough or unbreakable. I swiftly passed through it like nothing. It was not a barrier that prevented me from getting in.

"Dick head! Can you hear me!" Now the voice was much clearer. But I wondered how a death god can be so casual.

The dreary environment opened up to a bright area, just as I passed through the veil. The inside was different from the outside.

Outside felt like a vast empty space. But inside was a small room. In it held a giant floating ball of cyan light.

Is this the end? The blue stuff, the gate to heaven.

"DICK HEAD! CAN YOU FUCKING HEAR ME!" My moment descended into chaos soon after the loud rumbling of insult filled words blessed my ears.

I soon realised that the voice was coming from the vibrating cyan stuff.

"Wha…What! God of death!" I exclaimed while stunned.

"What are you doing? Stop cackling like a chicken and look at me." The glowing cyan ball said in contempt.

Hearing the rude words of the death god. I felt my blood boil. Even in death, I was being disrespected.

"Now shut up and hear what I have to say. You are not dead and I am not the god of death or whatnot. What I am is your saviour. The one that prevents you from dying. This is the third time you have done it, even going as far as sucking my soul essence to evolve your ability. Damn, can't you just stop and get a life."

'What was this, not a death god saying? Sucking what? If it is not a death god, then what is it?'

"Give a fucking response you damned fool."

'Let's calm down Alex. Think this through before doing anything.'

"What are you?"

"Contrary to asking what I am? I want to ask what you are. I have called out to you for days, yet you never answered. Now you want to know what I am. Fuck you damn!"

The foul-mouthed glowing cyan ball became restless with my questions. But it was also giving me enough information to piece together what happened.

Somehow, this cyan ball was living inside me without my knowledge till now. Cyan, Cyan! Where have I seen something cyan?

My heart! It was Cyan!

Does that mean I was a ghost who possessed Alex and Cyan's heart is a ghost possessing me?

Does that even make sense?

"Don't think too much. I command you to quickly release me. I do not know how you captured me and imprisoned me in your soul. But I warn you, The power I have is something that you can never fathom. If you never want to see death, release me in this instance."

"Let me make an offer. If you say exactly what happened, I will release you." Bluffing my way through. I gave an offer to the cyan ball.

From the way the cyan ball was speaking, I held the upper hand. Somehow, I was able to trap him inside my soul. That means I am inside my soul talking to a cyan glowing ball.

Any show of weakness will turn this situation upside down. So, the offer was made to create an illusion that everything was under my control. Even I thought that only a stupid person would take the bait.

"Are you sure you can release me?" Doubt laced words fell on my ear, for me it was music.

"Of Course I can." Hooked the idiot! I smiled reassuringly. Whatever the cyan ball was has no experience in handling humans. It was scammed effortlessly.

"Let me start from the beginning. I was birthed by a star, to eradicate an entity. For hundreds of years, I flew through the endless cosmos before reaching the earth."

"Wait a minute… Can you flash forward, please? Begin from the part where you meet me."

"Ok." The cooperative cyan ball began his story.

"While I was performing a tactical retreat in my plasma form, an unknown power pulled me down to earth. Losing control, I slammed into something. Waking up, I saw myself trapped inside your soul with minimal control of what I could do. A sad story, I know. To be trapped inside a mere human soul. What have I degenerated into? Sigh!"

Hearing the freaking Cyan ball sighing, my mind exploded in anger.

Now, I know what killed me. That freaking lightning bolt was this thing. Ah!

Should I just kill it!

7