18 Demon King’s plans
161 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Pointing at the river, Alex jumped up and levitated above the water.

Thomas was surprised by his action. It is not every day that you see a lunatic jump into a mana beast infected river.

The river, Azha, was large, wide and expansive. At its widest area, it almost looked like a sea instead of a river. Such a large river was not free of mana beast. Although constant monitoring and hunting of large beasts kept the water safe. The smaller ones still inhabit the waters.

Due to the increased dangers of fishing in the ocean, most people preferred fishing in the rivers. And Azha was such a hotspot for fishing. A whole economy revolved around this river.

Diving into a river like that was pure suicide.

But, Thomas was even more surprised to see Alex floating in the air.

With his newfound powers, Alex was flexing a little.

Although he named his boar killing final attack as 'falling star'. It was not that awesome.

No stars were falling, not even a meteor.

What he was doing was manipulating the gravitational pull on objects to suit his needs.

Feather-falling helped him to decelerate mid-air. It meant that he was accelerating upwards constantly to offset the downward acceleration due to the gravitational force of the earth.

So, by accelerating downwards, instead of upwards. He was able to generate enough force to push the spear into the thick head of the mana boar.

It was a great idea.

And due to the influence of using the essence of the cyan ball, Sirius. He evolved his abilities further. So now, instead of the partial offsetting of gravitational pull. He could completely offset it.

Thus enabling him to be weightless and levitate above the earth. A nice perk of evolving his superpower.

Alex had already realised that his superpower has evolved in a totally different direction and its grade has already increased. Usually, superpowers were meant to be very specific. This specificity allowed humans to use it without much mental strain. Like in most fantasy novels, you don't need a spell or tool to cast a superpower in this world.

As you grow older and train more, you become more familiar with superpower and this enhances the strength of the said power. It was easy like moving your own limb for the most part.

Only a very few groups of people have superpowers that defy this norm.

And one such example is Ethan, Emily's brother in law.

His superpower deals with spatial manipulation. Instead of the norm of having space storage or space warp like superpower. The range of space type superpowers he can imitate was wide.

And now, joining the same realm of superpowers as Ethan. Alex was ecstatic.

He even thought that his ability grade may have increased to S with this evolution.

So, flexing his gravity manipulation ability. He floated above the water.

"How about looking into it today?" Alex said, looking at Thomas. He was sure that a person who camps near a human trafficking organisation will have no qualms about searching a risky area.

"If you say so!" Thomas accepted the offer. He was calming down.

—----------Alex POV—--------

As I expected, Thomas was harmed by the demons in the past. He proved with his action that he was not part of the demonic cults.

If he was, I would have already been fish food.

Flying away was the last-ditch effort that I could do to distance myself from Thomas. Pulling and pushing on earth allowed me to fly, but I was sure that I wouldn't be able to dodge an incoming bullet with this ability.

It is time to do what I have come to do. I floated down towards my ally.

"Did your Superpower evolve?" Thomas asked with concern.

And he had enough reason to be concerned. Unless a person is mega-rich. No normal person would have an opportunity to evolve their superpower.

There were only two ways to evolve a superpower. One was to stimulate it through an intense experience or by ingesting rare precious material from the dungeons. So, for a normal person like Alex, Thomas knew that his superpower evolution came at a cost.

"Don't be shocked when I finally test my ability grade. I don't know what grade my ability evolved into. But I feel an increase in strength. I feel like I could rank higher if I trained more." As a C ranked superhuman, my next rank would be a B rank. It meant that I was already stepping into the ranks of an unreasonable amount of power.

Most B ranks will be recruited by large organisations like the military, special forces or by business conglomerates that explore dungeons. And if my ability grade was higher than B, they might offer me a lot of privileges to join them.

Neither was good in my case.

I don't care about privileges that the government gives out or even about the monetary gain I could have.

Either way, I would be chained to an organisation in the end. If possible, I would want to resign my job as a police officer and rest as much as I can. But as life has it, peace might not be something I could have in this life.

It was not me being pessimistic. It was the truth.

The future was bleak and I might not survive till the end even after doing everything that I can. This was also my driving force to take action on saving this world.

Blood river was bad for me and the denizens of this world.

The upcoming demonic war is also a bad thing.

"I have never experienced a demonic war. Other than the deformed demons that I saw when my house burnt down. I have no idea of what it was like to live at that time. Sorry for reminding you about that." I relayed my due apology.

"No harm done. I need to remember that to pay it back. The war between humans and demonic cults will never end. The atrocities they committed in these past years only increased, never decreased. I could already smell something brewing. And your words woke me up from my delusion that nothing bad will happen."

"Hmm…"

"So, what is the proof that you so vehemently wanted to show me."

"From my understanding," From reading the novel. I said while omitting the last few words.

"The demonic war was a misfire. It was never the plan of the demon king to start a premature war. A loose faction among demonic cults tried to convert a large number of animals and mana beasts into demons and that in turn caused them to lose control of these beasts. It was the mistake of the ignorant that caused the situation to spin out of control."

"The demon king only exploited the chaos to sow the seed of discord. He had much grander plans. And one such plan is below this river. A plan to sacrifice a city to produce the best demon ever seen on earth by using his own blood. The demon king wants to make a mindless beast, a pet that can do his bidding while enhancing his own strength. Like all demons, the demon king also enhanced his own strength by assimilating the DNA of different life forms. And his plan was to make a life form that will assimilate the DNA of all humans in this city to form a demonic commander on par with an S rank superhuman."

"What you are saying is pure speculation, isn't it? How can he do that?" Thomas asked exasperated.

"He can. You see, the demonic war that sents shivers through every human even now was just a smoke screen. The demon king used the chaos to make something deep inside the river. This was the closest to the city he could get without being detected."

"What exactly is down below the river?"

"A farm."

"A farm?" Thomas questioned hearing my absurd words. He was ready to chew me out.

6