22 Pandemonium
94 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Present is important, just as important as the future.'

'I fucked up big time. I thought I had more time and miscalculated my impact on this world. Only if I had been more careful, this might not have happened in such an uncontrollable manner. Live in the present Alex.' Alex thought, looking at the chaos around him.

Emily and her family, Alex included, were on a trip. They were at an amusement park when hell was let loose. Emily and her family were also startled by the explosions and smoke plumes rising in the air.

A peaceful day was overturned by a sudden terror attack. At least, that's what Alex thought it was.

In the novel, he seems to have read about a similar incident. An incident where children were kidnapped. And it was not a normal kidnapping either.

This was a carefully orchestrated kidnapping operation by a hidden organisation.

The goals of the hidden organisation were simple. To kidnap as many kids as they can and to transport them out of the place. For that, they were willing to wreck everything and anything that stood in their way. 

It was a horrible incident. But for better or worse, this time, the entire Vulcan family was involved in this incident. In the novel, It was just Freya and Theia who were involved in the incident. After the kidnapping, it took a lot of effort to find and save Theia who supposedly awakened her superpowers the same day.

But this time it will be different. Not only did they have the whole family here, but Alex who knew the future was also there. Unknowingly, the secret organisation seems to have poked a hornet's nest this time.

Gradually, details about the incident surfaced inside Alex's mind. He knew what was going to happen. So, without delay, he took action.

"I don't have time to explain. We will split into three groups. Ethan and I, Cyrus and Edward, and finally a group formed by Mary, Emily and Freya."

"Ethan and I will do a wide-area search for the kids, everyone else will search close by. And while you are at it, move towards the central stadium. We can set a defensive perimeter and fortify it."

"Now remember, our priorities will be finding the kids and saving as many people as you can. So, Don't shy away from using whatever method you can. This will be hard."

Looking at Alex who was giving out orders, everyone was stunned. They couldn't keep up with the situation as it unfolded. Yet, the Vulcans were not indecisive. They followed the command of the most rational person, Alex.

"Okay," Cyrus said.

"Let's do that."

"Hm.."

Ethan and Edward followed suit by agreeing with Alex. By no means were they stupid. They too thought what Alex had said was reasonable in this situation.

"And one more thing. If you see a white cloak and black mask wearing people who have a symbol of black sun etched on their clothing, kill them. They will be extremely violent and dangerous. So, be careful while dealing with them. They will also be using weird superpowers related to light."

Saying those words, Alex jumped up. Cyrus quickly looked at the others and made them follow Alex's command. When Alex said the black sun, a deeply hidden memory resurfaced inside Cyrus' mind. His blood boiled thinking about it. He was ready to smash some black sun.

'How dare they go after my family.' Cyrus thought while grinding his fists against each other. Sparks flew from his hands.

With a push of his legs, Alex rose to the sky. Feather-falling being upgraded to gravity manipulation was a timely boon.

After reaching an altitude of at least a hundred feet. He slowed down and began searching the area for the kids. He knew that if he couldn't find them close by, they might have already been kidnapped.

Suddenly, like a ghost. A person appeared next to Alex, floating in the air. He too was busy searching the ground. Unlike Alex, he was looking further away to find the kids. It was almost as if he already searched nearby and was looking further away.

"Sigh! I can't find them." Alex said in disappointment.

"Me neither." Ethan agreed.

"I think I have an idea where they are."

"Point the way."

Neither Alex nor Ethan was ready for any bullshit. They quickly decided on the next course of action.

Alex quickly pointed towards a large arena like dome-shaped building.

"I think they are held inside the dome," Alex replied. His knowledge about future events helped him once again.

"I don't know why you know about my superpowers or how you know about what's happening. Nor do I need to know it. But let me say this once. Do not disappoint me. For my family, I will do anything."The fierce glare from Ethan shook Alex. The warm and kid Ethan was long gone replaced by something else.

Seeing the smiling, laughing man who seems to enjoy the same flavour or jokes as himself, Alex seems to have forgotten who Ethan really is.

Ethan was not a nobody. 

Alex felt like his own blood was boiling. His heart thumped rapidly while a cyan glow came over him. His eyes turned bluish. A few words from Ethan seem to have awakened the true fan inside Alex.

Ethan also noticed the changes in Alex.

"Leave it to m…" Before Alex could complete his sentence, he felt the world turn upside down. The next second, he was standing next to the building that he pointed towards.

The vast transparent dome which was a couple of kilometres away was now right next to him. The sky dome was one of the attractions of the amusement park. It catered to the needs of the park to host different types of aerial mana beasts. In simpler terms, it was a completely sealed area in the park.

So, the sky dome was being used as a prison. The kids who were kidnapped were being brought here one by one.

Hiding from the members of Black-Sun, the secret organisation. Alex and Ethan stayed close to the wall.

Although the sky dome looked like a greenhouse with transparent material used for constructing it. It was not completely transparent.

So, it was impossible to say for sure if Theia, Leo and Aurora were inside the dome.

Alex looked at Ethan who was ready to burst in. He stopped him before Ethan did something.

"No, you can't. They also have a space type ability user. The moment you get inside, they will lock onto us. If push comes to shove, they will take everyone here and teleport away. We teleporting near might have already spooked the space ability user a bit. So, we should be careful."

"Are you sure?" Ethan asked to confirm.

"Yes, I am."

"Then, what should we do? All the entrances are blocked and the only way inside is through the front door. Do you think we could get past them without them realising?"

Hearing those words, Alex smiled.

"That's exactly what we are going to do." Alex smiled brightly while saying that.

—--------

While Alex and Ethan were trying to infiltrate the dome. Cyrus and Edward were bathing in the blood of mana beasts and deformed demons.

Edward, who was limping with a crutch yesterday had no trouble fighting mana beast today.

Cyrus, with summoned fire elemental, stood tall in front of the oncoming barrage of mana beast. He took care of all the big fries while only the remaining small fries could reach Edward. So, it was an easy battle for Edward. Yet his actions were impressive, nonetheless.

The third group with Mary, Emily and Freya were also busy with their own mission. While Edward and Cyrus bought time. They were saving people while also moving towards the central stadium.

Mary and Freya were both A rank superhumans. They both had plant type superpowers  with the ability to control plants. They were a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield.

They easily saved and gathered people to move towards the central stadium. Emily controlled the crowd and explained to them what was happening. Each and every person worked like a well-oiled machine, fulfilling their own missions.

—-------------

Inside the dome.

A Black-sun member bowed towards a person.

"Sir, we have captured three hundred younglings as of now. Within an hour, we could gather about a thousand, just in time for the teleportation array to be completely charged."

"Make it fast, use more mana stones to charge the array. The authorities will be here any minute. Buy me as much time as you can. We cannot fail this mission. We cannot disappoint our God." A man wielding a bloodied sword said. He was different from the rest of the Black-sun members. He had the air of superiority all around making anyone who looked at him feel beneath him.

His white clothes were drenched in blood, enough to turn them red and his eerie mask accented his gruesome appearance. This was a bad guy.

Anyone could tell that at a glance.

"Did you find the special ones? We must absolutely grab hold of them." The bloody man asked his subordinate.

"We have captured three as of now." Pausing for a moment. He motioned with his left hand.

From behind him, a man brought three kids forward.

"This one is slightly older, but she qualifies. The other two are at the perfect age." The man said. He was holding on to the kids with a chain that seems to have sprouted from one of his arms.

He looked menacingly at the kids while speaking.

The three kids that were brought were Theia, Leo and Aurora.

3