24 Snap
84 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Snap!" Leo rubbed his index finger and thumb together to make a snapping sound. His pitch-black palm somehow caused all the dark matter that he had sneaked into the enemy's clothes to explode fiercely.

For a second, the world was drowned in silence. And the next second a fierce explosion shook the dome.

"BOOOOMMMM!"The air shook and the thin glasses rattled before shattering.

Alex, who was next to Theia, held her close covering her eyes and ear. He didn't want the kid to panic. Theia panicking was the worst-case scenario.

Although the explosion was fierce. Black sun members were not easy to deal with. When the smoke from the explosion cleared. Alex could see more than half the members still standing.

Due to the limited amount of dark matter that Leo embedded inside their clothes. The majority of the Black Sun was still alive. And even among them, some were totally unscathed by the explosion.

Alex was not surprised by the outcome. Although Leo may seem mature and capable. He was still a kid. He had never come across foes like these before. The black sun was on a completely different level compared to the human traffickers that he faced.

Leo underestimated the strength of Black sun members. That was the reason for the explosion failing to kill them.

However, Alex was not disappointed by the situation. He never expected Leo to defeat the enemies alone.

Alex smiled when he saw the panicking Black sun members looking at him and the hostages. Only Alex had his mask off smiling at them as if they were fools. And it was rubbing them the wrong way.

They ran towards Alex like an enraged group of wild beasts. Their mysterious and aloof facade was completely shed as they exposed their true nature. A bunch of crazy people hiding behind pretty uniforms.

Aurora, who was beside Alex saw this and became alert. Just in front of her were many enemies vying for their life. Enraged, she shot fireballs at the enemies.

But before the enemies could reach her, one by one, they disappeared. The stronger ones disappeared first, until the weakest remained.

The weakest among the surviving black sun members was almost a hair breadth away from being blown away by Aurora's fireballs. Yet before he could die by the hand of a beautiful lady. A hand grasped his head from behind. Like every other black sun member, he too disappeared like an illusion.

Only a slight distortion of light remained at the place he stood.

Suddenly, a person materialised next to Alex. He looked exhausted, yet he had a fierce glint in his eyes. The man was none other than Ethan. He was exhausted by the short interval, high-intensity teleportations.

"There was no space-type superhuman here, right?" Ethan asked Alex.

"Hehe…" Alex laughed awkwardly.

"Maybe Not." He replied cautiously.

Alex waited, expecting the looming punch to help him view the floor from a different angle. So, he deliberately showed the right side of his face to Ethan.

'Punch my right side, please. My left side looks very handsome. So, let me keep it that way.' Alex thought.

After waiting for a couple of seconds. No punch came towards him.

'When did Ethan become such a soft egg?' Alex thought.

If he could, Alex wanted to explain the situation. But nothing mattered now. So, Alex kept quiet.

"Uncle Ales, are the bad guys gone. Theia kept her promise." Said Theia who was sitting on Alex's lap. She had her eyes covered by the handkerchief and her ear covered by Alex. Maybe this was the reason for Alex not getting punched.

'You are my saviour Theia.' Alex thought with joy

Alex slowly moved his hands away from her ear.

"Now, you can open your eyes, Theia. For being a good girl. Uncle will buy you ice cream." Alex said while smiling.

Ethan was great. Even though it took him an extra effort to clear out the enemies without any gore or bloodshed. He made sure to not let the kids see it.

That was exactly what Alex had hoped for. He didn't want the kids seeing the bloody sight either. So, When he let Theia open her eyes. He made sure to not let her see the mess.

Ethan who was beside him crouched down to pick up Theia.

"Dad! You are here too. Uncle Alex promised he would buy us ice cream." The tear-stained cheeks were once again curling up to reveal a beautiful smile. Alex, like everyone else, was happy to see that.

—------

Outside the dome.

"Is that everything you got? Can't you even scratch this old man? When did the S rankers of Black sun get so pathetic." Cyrus taunted the commander of the black sun.

"Verbal attacks will not work, crazy old man. If you have the energy to waste. Try attacking me with everything you got." A beam of light shot out from the commander's sword.

Cyrus easily deflected it with a swing of his hand. The sharp blade-like beam of light made contact with a pillar nearby, splitting it in half.

Although Cyrus made it look easy deflecting the light beam. It was not by any stretch of the imagination easy. Cyrus was using advanced skills he trained to perfection to barely deflect the light beam.

If Cyrus could have, he would have stopped the light beam in its track instead of deflecting it. That was the kind of person he was. So, we could assume how dangerous the light beams coming off the sword were, so he had to deflect them.

"Didn't you losers call this holy light or divine light or something. Why is it getting deflected by my palm so easily? Such a disappointment." Cyrus taunted his enemy even more. He was doing everything he could do to find an opening.

Cyrus and Black Sun commander exchanged blows one after another in close succession to break each other's defence. However, neither of them was successful. Only the destroyed buildings remained on their battlefield.

Suddenly, the sound of an explosion came from inside the dome. It was Leo exploding his dark matter. Although it was insignificant, it was enough to slightly distract the leader of the black sun. Taking hold of the chance, Cyrus compressed the flames around him in his hand.

All the heat and flames around him were sucked into the glaring ball of light forming inside his palm.

A compressed ball of bright red flame soon formed rotating inside his palm.

At first glance, it was a miniature version of a red dwarf star. It looked like a blob of very hot metal while also having the properties of a solidified crystal. 

Taking the compressed ball of flame. Cyrus shot himself forward.

For the most part of their battle, Cyrus was using ranged attacks to protect himself from a light beam released from the blades. He wanted to conserve energy as much as he could.

But, now that he has a chance. He swiftly dashed in towards the enemy to slam him with the compressed ball of flame.

Within a fraction of a second. Cyrus was already near the Balck sun's commander. He plunged his hand holding the glowing ball of flame toward the enemy.

"Boom!" With an explosive sound. The Black Sun's commander was thrown away leaving behind a crater of ten metres in diameter on the impact site.

But before he could rejoice. The black sun's commander turned into particles of light and disappeared. Only reappearing after a couple of seconds. One of his shoulders was badly damaged and bleeding while the other hand held the sword tightly. Anger could be seen in his eyes when he looked at Cyrus.

'This is getting difficult.' Thought Cyrus. If he was in his prime, he could have easily taken down a petty thug like this. But his old injuries were preventing him from batting with his full potential.

'Good. At least he was injured.' Cyrus thought.

However, he could also see particles of light circling around the wounds of the Black sun's commander. Healing him slowly.

'In a match of endurance, I would lose.' Cyrus came to the conclusion after careful consideration.

The damage from the previous exchanges was piling up on him while his enemy healed continuously. It was, by all means, a losing game. Only a decisive strike can ensure him a victory. Cyrus thought.

—-------

3