29 Training II
89 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sirius, the Cyan ball residing inside Alex, had three main abilities. One was his ability to conjure and control cyan flames called genesis flame. He could also control the temperature of the flame however he wished. It was a defensive and utility-type power.

The next ability was called the plasma-body. With this ability, Sirius could transform himself into a plasma entity. In this form, Sirius will have immense attacking capability and speed. It was the combat form he was most proud of.

And the third and final ability is pure-fire. The ability that is considered unique to himself was an ability to purify and refine. It may seem weaker compared to the others. But it was considered the best ability by Sirius. And his life purpose.

Alex knew that Sirius was someone born in his previous world. From his words, he was born in the centre of a star by the will of the world. He was an entity that was born to eradicate a great danger.

Yet, he had to flee from that dangerous entity.

Sirius encountered Alex while being chased by an unknown dangerous entity.

Alex tried many methods to pry information about the entity from Sirius. However, Sirius kept silent about that topic.

'I will scam more information out of you one way or another.' Thought Alex while trying to control the genesis flame.

Cyan flames danced inside his palm and Alex was trying to focus it on one of his fingers. The training was hard as expected. Last time Sirius personally took control of the flame to protect Alex from the Chaos flame exuded by Theia.

Now, trying to manipulate the genesis flame. Alex understood how hard it was.

He wanted to try the other abilities too. However, Sirius objected by saying without basic control of genesis flame, he shouldn't even dream of activating other abilities. Besides that, the mana requirement for plasma-body was immense.

So, like a child by trial and error, Alex began his quest to master genesis flame.

His first mission was to light tiny flames on each of his fingers simultaneously. But all that Alex could do was create a ball of fire that danced around inside his palm. His control was appalling.

Even Sirius couldn't help him here. For Sirius who was born with the ability to control the flame, it was impossible to describe the steps required to control the flame.

So, Alex changed his strategy. Instead of doing everything all at once. He began breaking down the problem into many little problems in hope of solving them one at a time.

His mission was to light tiny flames on all of his fingertips simultaneously. It may seem like a massive undertaking, but once you looked at it from another perspective it was making more sense.

First, he tried shrinking the palm-sized ball of genesis flame into something small. He needed a finger-sized flame and it is what he will make.

It was hard at first.

When Alex tried to shrink the flame, he accidentally compressed it causing a mini-explosion on his palm. But with time, it became easier for him to limit the mana being supplied to the flame and control its size.

It was hard and a thrilling experience for Alex.

A tiny finger-sized flame gradually formed inside his palm. It looked a little lighter. The first step was a success.

Sirius never thought Alex would adapt this fast. He was actually shocked by how quick Alex formed intuition around this ability. He was slightly scared too.

It took an hour for Alex to achieve this feat. And now he was ready for the next step. Sweat drops were already forming near his brows. However, Alex was not ready to give up yet.

He didn't feel like he had done enough. As a transmigrater with all kinds of knowledge about this world. It was pathetic of him to only light a tiny flame inside his palm.

So, By combining his previous experience, he began the next step.

Instead of forming a flame in the centre of his palm. This time, he wished to form a flame on the tip of his index finger. Focusing on creating a mental image, Alex channelled mana into the tip of his finger.

From the outside, he looked like a madman appreciating the beauty of his fingers. But from the inside, he was working really hard to not mess things up.

After maintaining a steady stream of mana to the tip of his index finger. He finally activated the genesis flame.

It formed a tiny flame on his finger without any problem. This was easier than before.

Controlling mana and shirking the flame took more time by comparison. Feeling the ease, Alex opened up his palm. One by one, he began lighting up the air just above his fingertips in the fire. From his pinky to his thumb, all the fingers had a flame dancing above them.

'So, easy!' Alex thought.

He opened his other hand and did the same. Now all his fingertips had flames dancing above them.

Seeing this, Sirius who was resting was gobsmacked.

'Impossible.' He thought. Even he, born with the ability, took more time to comprehend his ability. What was happening was completely out of his cognition.

Sirius checked, again and again, to see if there was any problem. But he couldn't find any with the way Alex was using his ability.

This perplexed him as much as it shocked him. He wanted to choke the life out of Alex after seeing his satisfied grin. It was just shameful.

"Breaking up the problems into smaller parts was the right way. With a little more practice, I will be able to use genesis flame-like instinct. What should I do now, Sirius?"

Alex asked in expectation. He wanted to learn more about this ability.

"Barely passable. Don't think you did something amazing. Genesis flame is not that easy to tame. This was the basic change in form any fire user should familiarise with. Next is the control of temperature. A well-controlled genesis fire can burn as hot as a star or as cold as ice. Now you should learn how to control the flame temperature." Sirius said with a little annoyance. He wanted to look superior to Alex.

After saying that, Sirius conjured a ball of cyan flame. It looked like any normal fire when dancing in the air. Yet, when he threw the fire at a nearby tree. It disappeared after colliding without doing any harm.

"You need to do that. It's barely passable if you could do that." Sirius informed Alex. But he had a different thought.

'If you can learn to do it within this week. I will be really impressed with you, little rascal. Don't underestimate me, Sirius the star born.'

"Okay! You just need me to decrease the temperature enough to make it harmless. I might be able to do that."

"Hmm!" Sirius scoffed at Alex's hearty reply.

'As if you could. This is not a problem that you can solve just by intuition alone.' He thought inside his mind.

But before Sirius could even say a word. Alex conjured up a ball of flame. He threw it casually towards a heap of dried leaves. It fell on the leaf without burning anything. A dried leaf was easier to burn than a tree trunk. But nothing happened even after multiple fireballs fell on it.

Alex looked really happy about completing this mission. And the Stupid cyan ball hovered around Alex like an open-mouth emoji. This time, Sirius was shocked to the core.

"How did you do it?" Sirius asked in confusion.

"Just lucky!" Alex replied, enjoying the moment. The transmigration knowledge really helped him here. 

It was not easy to decrease the temperature of the flame as expected. But Alex was able to accomplish this due to his knowledge of reading the novel Outerworlds. He had enough knowledge about mana and superpowers to find a way.

After quickly adapting to the newfound superpower, genesis flame. Alex decided to stop training.

All the while a soulless Cyan ball hovered around him looking like an Oh! emoji.

4