Chapter 1
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'In the middle of the dark forest, an ancient battlefield lies. Strewn with the corpses of creatures who had once been alive but now dead. Dismembered bodies were scattered all around. No single corpse was left with a complete body. The stench of blood was hanging in the air which would eventually attract predators to a feast of their lives. 

This was a deadly war between the races. A war for supremacy and power. Although seemingly united under the moon, dark thoughts brewed on the inside. Each wanting to rule over the other and be the ultimate one. 

Strong winds blew all around, raising dust into the air. Despite the heavy feeling of death in the region, there was still life. A little life hidden inside the intricate rune placed in the middle of the huge clearing. 

This rune was made from black ash, the darkest form of nature made from burning a 3000 years old mother tree. It glowed brightly in the night as the intricate patterns overturned and placed themselves in the right order to achieve a purpose. 

From within the rune a body arose. It was a girl about the age of 16. Dressed in black robes  with markings of a deep purple shade all over. She had long silver hair that gleamed under the rays of the moon. With pale skin as shiny as porcelain, she had several markings outlining her body. If you looked closely, the rune and the markings were alike, one and the same. 

When she opened her eyes, you could see the deep crimson color of her pupils. Flashing with several other colors within, she was reborn into the world of chaos she created. 

Glancing at the bodies of creatures around her, she released a fleeting smile although brief, it was enough to cause the downfall of nations. A look of satisfaction graced her beautiful face. 

She stretched out her hands and chanted a spell within her. The dismembered bodies all melted into blood, seeping deep into the ground and rushing towards the glowing rune in the middle. It took a while to absorb the life force of more than a thousand creatures. 

Then she stepped out of the rune, the brightly glowing pattern disappeared and the remnants of the black ash drifted with the wind to spread around the region. A new terror had arisen and the ash was to spread the news.' 

As the story ended, everyone  who was listening to it, was  struck with awe and fear. The look of concentration was still on their faces, even though it had ended.  

"So, you all have to remember this story because it is as important as the lessons taught to you by your tutors. This was a forbidden story for the masses to know. It was secret, hidden from the eyes of the public. Only the once existing Royal Family, the Valiant Death Knights and the Council of Magicians know of  the secret. 

As this legend was passed down from generation to generation, it was either forgotten or purposely erased from the minds of the masses. 

You are not here today to find out the truth behind this legend. Most people who come across this wonder: Who was the girl? What did she do to cause the downfall of the world? Why is the Ash still spreading in the forest? 

But this is just a myth and nothing of the sort exists. "

"That's creepy." 

"I don't wanna study again." 

"I'm scared." 

"Read it again, read it again." 

The little children all around their teacher grumbled about the strange story. The woman in the center of the room smiled. No one liked this story but it was a necessary part of the education of young wolf pups. They needed to know their roots and that involved learning the historical parts. 

Yes the story wasn't complete but this part was deemed suitable for children of this age. More like it was the only text available about the war that took place five hundred years ago. All information about that war has somehow been lost in time. The generation of werewolves who lived through that period has all died and so there was no one to validate the truthful nature of it. 

"Alright then, it's dinner time and so we are done for the day." 

There was a chorus sound of joy from the little pups. 

"Goodbye Teacher." 

"Later Miss Anna." 

"See you tomorrow." 

A graceful smile was on her face as she bid the children goodbye. 

"See you all tomorrow." 

Anna stood up and returned the worn book to the shelf. She nearly arranged the study room to its previous pristine nature. 

Staring at the window, she noticed a full moon and sighed. The moon reminded her of the book she had just read. That war happened on a full moon just like this night. 

She had been opportuned to read some parts of the book that were missing. Her ancestor had written a journal during that period. And it described the events of that night in a more gory fashion. 

The woman in black robes and runes drawn all over her body was seen as a myth. A thing that didn't exist but the journal she read made that girl seem too real to her. 

So real that she had dreamt of her on several occasions. And every time she did, the picture seemed more vivid. She could almost see the patterns on her body and how they matched the ones of the bloody ground. 

Anna shook her head to dispel the thoughts and locked the study room before heading downstairs for dinner.

 *********

The windows all shattered into pieces. The glass shards flew all around the room and injured everyone who was inside. 

"What the hell?" 

"Anna?" 

Anna's eyes widened in horror. There were two werewolves lying on the floor, their limbs torn off. Blood was spilling all around with their entrails spilling out. 

Anna let out a pained scream and someone helped her out of the broken glass. The windows were all the same, broken and shattered. 

"What happened?", someone asked.

"I don't know." 

She looked at the two werewolves on the floor, looking at her in disbelief. One of them was her best friend.

"No, this can't be." 

She was in shock and her face was pale white. The other werewolves looked around in disbelief, unable to comprehend what had happened.

0