Chapter 6 – Maid Maid
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6 – Maid Maid

Catgirls are a type of kemonomimi in the Beastman family, like most monsters in this family they have human bodies which reflect the Human side of their DNA. However, Catgirls differ from normal people with features from animals such as cat ears, furry tails, fangs & incorporate some feline traits into their behaviour.

--

| バラバラ | Raining

The sound of tiny rain droplets echoes the streets of Omiya, the heart of Saitama City is welcome to an enormous gang of ominous grey clouds delivering a sea’s worth of rain onto the buildings & roads. The seemingly endless monsoon cascades onto this concrete jungle dooming the surroundings to a dull moggy abyss devoid of colour & any joyous charm.

Amongst the compact rectangular structures squeezed together & situated on a somewhat narrow pedestrian street is a building no more than 4 stories tall with a solid pine green façade displaying delightful dishes plastered across the walls accompanied by silhouettes of the signature maids in their dazzling solid colours, all being complemented by gleaming lights adorned on the lower half with arrows highlighting the entrance of an enticing establishment. This is Maid Maid (メイドメイド), a distinguished maid café only four minutes away from the central train station on foot making it an ideal place to stop for a beverage or meal on one’s way from work. A sign sticks far out horizontally from above the entry displaying the café’s name in a bold yet antiquated Katakana font, over this banner is a narrow balcony which usually sees use by many customers enjoying their food while admiring the bleak surroundings but on this drizzly day, this space is almost covered by the patina green canopy tent fixed to the wall as it shields the surfaces from this tempest. However, through the large double glass doors is a short trail to the first-floor section fitting over a dozen tables & even more chairs. Interrupting this journey are two short steps & a spacious wooden stand highlighting the café’s name on its wooden surface directed to the entrance & any hungry traveller looking to stock up their bellies on the finest cuisine this side of Omiya has to offer. Placed behind this stand is a bold man of a very modest height dressed in a dark burgundy red waistcoat under a black penguin blazer & a luxurious golden monocle in tandem with his thick bushy grey moustache to give off the appearance of a Victorian-style gentleman, this is Ken (健/ケン) the owner of this establishment & the main arbiter of this café’s antiquated European theme. The neatly arranged tables of this room present a gorgeous wood pattern as comfy restaurant chairs surround them, each tabletop possessing condiments & chiffon white serviettes protruding from a round blue container. Above all these tables hangs a large, glorious chandelier illuminating the room & spreading its dazzling light.

As time reaches early evening, this room begins to pack with customers occupying several tables of two or four across the room increasing the noises along with the ambiance as the boss silently marches along the edges monitoring the place like a hawk with his monocle. One table of four with their plates empty, the Patron looks on while stroking his moustache before turning his head to the double doors. Just as he does so they swiftly swing open momentarily exposing the steamy kitchen within, as each door reaches its limits & begins to swing back a girl pops out like a pouncing hound. This girl wearing a stylish green & white maid dress is non-other than Mori (モリ) this café’s chief maid, her short curly hair complemented by white ribbons wrapped around her false dog ears in the same cinnamon brown as her hair. With every step of her black heels her dark mahogany eyes flutter & her false tail shifts ever so slightly as her youthful smile carries her childish presence, strutting in like a pure breed ready for her first dog show Ken catches her at the corner of her eye with a slight nod & a gradual twitch of his finger towards the table in question. The ears remain stationary nevertheless, she acknowledges this move from him & responds with a brief nod of her own as she approaches this table. Trotting like a cheerful Welsh corgi while tightening her short green elastic gloves, at this table sits three aged Salarymen & a Salary woman with full stomachs as they let their shoulders down like they’re releasing a tonne of bricks from their grasps. In their moment of relaxation, the green dog maid slides into the tranquil table & with her juvenile stamina she wrecks the air of calm with her yapping.

Mori: “It looks like we really enjoyed our meal today! Would Masters like me to take our plates!?”

Her high-pitched call managed to awaken these weary customers from their slumber & spring up like Jack-in-the-Boxes with a sluggish disorientated shimmy as they turn to the yapping puppy at the edge of their table, standing closely with her gloves quietly clapping. The four look at each other before rotating their heads back to Mori who stands slightly kneeling forward ready to take the plates & with a bright grin as she anticipates an answer from them, if that tail was real it would be wagging back & forth with a consistent speed.

Salaryman 1: “Oh it was great, you can take the plates”

The larger gentleman to Mori’s right on the further end of the table was the first to speak up, getting out of his slump to give a faint answer to her with a sluggish tone & subtle wave of his left hand as he glances left to her briefly before returning to his hibernation. After he finishes the rest turns to gently nod to Mori indicating their contentment.

Mori: “Certainly!”

She replies with a resounding yelp managing to wake them up a second time, their eyelids extend further to see her grabbing the empty white plates streaked in food stains & arranging them on top of each other before a final display of strength as she lifts all of them with cutlery hastily placed on the top. After a closing bow she storms off quick enough for her false tail to be lifted by the breeze.

Salary woman: “Wow she can carry a good amount for someone so short”

The only woman on the table affably comments as soon as enough distance forms between them & the green Maid, after saying that the rest lightly nod in agreement.

| バン | Doors swinging open

Mori: “Oi oi oi oi! These are heavy!”

Screams Mori after bursting through the double doors, kicking them open with one of her legs as she charges in like a hyperactive Collie speeding passed everything in sight to place such a load of plates down. The sets of cutlery alone cause most of the burden as they sway side to side but she does her best to control them by faintly rolling the plates off center so they don’t fall, this becomes tricky whilst she maintains a firm grip on these plates & races to the sink in the corner but her tiny legs manage to propel her there in good time. Once she arrives at the station she severely dips her arms allowing gravity to take the plates down while she holds the sides.

| ズドン | loud thud

The plates cause a loud thud as they touchdown onto the thin metallic surface, while landing a knife lifts off the top & careens through the air before crashing handle first onto the metal leading to a stronger noise of metal upon metal impact.

???: “Quit messing around Mori-chan!”

In the distance a boisterous voice urges her to cease her actions, hearing this she turns to the right carrying a cute adolescent grin & eyes shut as she responds.

Mori: “Sowwy Master!”

Apologising in a loud childish way to the person standing in the center of the kitchen, this man bulky man dressed in all white & wearing a cylindrical hat is none other than Le Chef of the café with both hands securely whipping out some frying pans. Sizzling away on said pans are foods creating as much noise as giant waves bashing the shore & generating steam laced with a strong delicious scent.

Le Chef: “Don’t give me that face & get back to work!”

He shouts before turning his back to her & prioritising the meals he must prepare, with Le Chef successfully ticked off by Mori’s juvenile attitude she steps away from the scene while tightening her green gloves by pulling them along her wrist.

Mori: “Huh I hate it when we have large parties”

She sighs in frustration as she approaches another Maid, this one dressed in blue variant of Mori’s dress. Complementing the outfit are her round blue eyes & ram horns coming with the false sheep’s wool, this is Youmou the café’s sheep Maid.

Youmou: “But that was only four customers”

Youmou’s lower-pitched voice bluntly calls out Mori’s nonsense as she turns to her with a raised chin.

Mori: “You should be more worried about disappointing your fans out there”

She snaps back with this rebuttal as she closes the gap between them, twiddling her fingers in a sinister manner. This response successfully gets a rise out of the sheep Maid who swiftly turns her head away in disgust before passing Mori to grab the tray lying on the counter carrying two dark soda drinks in one blue bottle & a green one.

Youmou: “Hey they don’t come that much”

She argues as she lifts the tray with both hands only to maneuver her posture so that she expertly balances it on one hand with the blue bottle to the right & green to the left, utilising the weight of each glass to equalise its roll. Mori’s lips start to twitch as her nostrils flare up.

Mori: “Are you kidding me? Those two degenerates are obsessed with you”

In a condescending tone, she snaps back with furrowed brows & wielding a malicious smile on her adolescent face as she approaches Youmou once more.

Youmou: *Sighs*

She gives a deep sigh as she recognises Mori’s obvious attempt at taunting her coupled with a short eyeroll & a swift glance to the right before stepping on in silence, leaving the doggo Maid in a state of satisfaction with her dainty grin & hands to her hips.

Ken: “Mori-chan”

A calm yet assertive voice beckons her from the distance, her Human ear picks up this frequency leading her to rotate to see that Master Ken has called for her whilst leaning beside a doorframe with his arms crossed & flat green eyes. Though his frown is covered by his large moustache his eyebrows do enough to convey his disapproval, Mori sees this & lets in a considerable gulp before gradually approaching him. “I must have gone too far there, I really have been pushing it today” her mind racing to conclusions as anxiety kicks in, she drops her shoulders & cups her hands together in a modest manner like a proper Maid.

Ken: “We need to talk”

He calmly asserts as Mori enters the doorframe, he takes his right hand out & twitches his fingers implying she has to come with him to hear the rest. “Oh noh, he’s definitely mad at me” she thinks as her shoulders tense up.

Mori: *Gulps*

She lets in another gulp as she closely follows Ken into the secluded corridor, when they both enter the sound of loud voices & sizzling pans from the kitchen briskly subside leaving only the noise of Ken’s strong shoes tapping the floor before stopping as he turns to face Mori with a glare.

Ken: “Have you seen Neko-chan?”

This question causes her to freeze momentarily, “oh…this is about Neko, what a relief”. As soon as she heard the name of that cat Maid her shoulders dropped & she was able to relax her posture.

Mori: “Oh this is about Neko-san?”

She asks with a short sigh of relief, enough relief for her to drop the modest stature & continue on casually like she’s relaxing at home.

Mori: “Come to think of it I haven’t seen her for some time now”

She glances upward & puts her right index finger to her cheek as this thought is said out loud.

Ken: “She went into the Maid’s changing room 3 minutes ago”

He adds with a deep virile voice as he turns to face left, stretching his head out to reveal the white wooden door at the entrance to the Maid’s changing room.

Mori: “She’s got to be dealt with, Master Ken-sama”

She interjects with a point about reprimanding Neko with dimmed eyes & a sinister grin on her dainty lips.

Ken: “Not yet, she might be in some kind of trouble”

He stops Mori with a subtle wave of his right hand before applying a level of reason for her disappearance, she hears his logic & drops her grin. The mischievous excitement in her eyes subsides as quickly as a speedy Grey Hound.

Ken: “Let’s see when she’s back on the floor but so far I’m not impressed by her performance”

He adds, tensing his lips & softly shaking his head. Not long after he said that the sound of hard footsteps emanating from their rear, as they get more intense Mori directs herself to see who it could be. Another Maid, this one dressed in a purple dress & characterized by her flame-shaped pointy false ears nuzzled into her length charcoal black hair arranged neatly into a ponytail. A long hairy false tail all set to resemble a horse as she smoothly walked down the corridor, passing both Mori & Ken.

Horse Maid: “Mori-chan”

She softly greets Mori with a slight bow of her head before walking off.

Mori: “Yahoo Aiya”

Responding to Aiya (アイヤ) with a higher pitch but just as muted voice, she shows her fangs as she smiles. The purple Horse Maid continues on like she heard nothing, approaching the Maid’s changing room Aiya extends her arm out to slowly pull the door open & enter before shutting it. Seeing that this conversation has concluded he turns around & waltzes passed Mori causing a light breeze to wave her brown hair, this small gust of wind sends a chill on her cheek making her real hairs stick up. That’s where she remains standing with raised eyebrows only to hear Ken speak for one final time while he walks back to the restaurant floor.

Ken: “& stop antagonising your colleagues”

--

Standing nervously in the maid’s bathroom is Neko frustratingly gazing at her reflection in the mirror. She wore her maid outfit, a pink dress complemented by a white apron & sleeves stretching down to her elbows which bent as she supported her frame on the sink in front of the mirror.

Neko: “Iyaaa!”

Her cry of annoyance exposed her fangs, this was included with the pointy cat ears twitching on the top of her head & fluffy tail protruding from her lower back. It stood up as its fur stuck up like the fur of a duster. Neko’s pink eyes stared at her large ears which had formed minutes ago, “How could this be!” she questioned in her head with both hands cupping her cheeks. It appears the masking potion Neko applied before heading to work has worn out, this infuriates Neko as she frantically grabs the bottle of potion to read why this phenomenon occurred. In her hands was a glass bottle 18cm in height, it was a raw green colour like you would get in a swamp. The liquid inside was an even darker green than the glass, sat atop was the black plastic cap but Neko focused on the contents of the sheet of mustard yellow paper wrapping around the base, on it spelled “Masking Potion” in Katakana. She turned the bottle around to get a glimpse of the other side to find a paragraph on the workings of the potion.

Ingredients:

Concentrated pineapple juice, tulip berry juice, green spark leaves, fairy tears…

Neko realizes how useless the information from the ingredient section is to her problem before turning the bottle slightly to reach the doses section.

14ml (1 teaspoon) = 1hr masking

29ml (2 teaspoons) = 2hr masking

44ml (3 teaspoons) = 3hr masking

59ml (4 teaspoons) = 4hr masking

73ml (5 teaspoons) = 5hr masking

88ml (6 teaspoons) = 6hr masking

102ml (7 teaspoons) = 7hr masking

This was precisely what the feline was looking for, the doses section details how much needs to be drank & the length of time the effects should last for. This small chart allows Neko to think, “How much did I drink this morning?” she thinks to herself as her mind retreats back to that morning after she left the house.

The time was 08:07 & Kawasaki Neko had just closed the front door, still in [beast-form] she uses this time to apply the potion. Taking a quick gulp of the masking potion to conceal her feline features before making a move

Neko takes no more than two steps before the effects of the potion become known, the sound of cracking eggs accompanies the sight of her ears & tail disappearing into her body

Neko opens her mouth to let out a breath as her fangs retreat into her gums & what’s left are the straight white teeth of a beautiful young woman who no longer resembles a cat

After that quick transformation, Neko begins her 12mins stroll through the Saitama suburbs before reaching Higashi-Urawa station where a train takes her to Minami-Urawa. There she grabs a quick breakfast in the form of a sandwich roll & bento for lunch, the sandwich roll is eaten while she sits waiting for a train to Ōmiya where Maid Maid stands only minutes away

Within this revision of Neko’s morning travels the source of her current conundrum is found. “I only took a quick gulp. But that could only mean?” she begins to locate her problem.

Neko: “That walk must have affected the transformation somehow”

Believing she drawn the right conclusion Neko clutched her hand on the bottle’s cap, screwing it open without effort she swallowed down on the potion for 2 seconds hoping a higher quantity would make the effect last longer. Taking the bottle out of her mouth she screws the cap back on then places it in the bag it came with. Now that she had drank the potion the transformation commences, that same sound of cracking eggs siren through her head as the ears & tail fully vanish along with those fangs. Neko is back to appearing as a normal human again.

Neko: “Nya what a relief”

She glances into the mirror feeling grateful that the problem went away along with her ears, all she saw was a young human woman staring back at her with a gorgeous grin. Lowering her gaze to her torso Neko grasped her situation & remembered where she is, “Of course the café”. Turning the nob of the bathroom door Neko leaves while holding the back that carries the potion, she headed straight to her locker, turns the lock & puts the bag inside.

Neko: “So where are my work ears?”

She asks as her hand shifts through items she leaves inside.

Neko: “Ohh here”

Finally finding her work ears, she takes the cat ears, places them on the top of her head & fastens them into her soft pink hair. Neko proceeds to check the tiny mirror inside her locker door adjusting as she reviews herself, trying to spot any monstrous qualities that fell through the cracks.

???: “Neko…we need you upstairs!”

Suddenly a modest voice from the end of the room called for Neko’s attention, this was repaid by Neko who immediately turned to the direction of it.

Neko: “Yes!”

She yelled with a loud squeaky call. The person Neko stared at was a girl towering over the furniture, most maid dresses reached the upper ankle of each wearer but this one being taller her knees were visible. The dress itself matched the standard design for each maid only stood apart by its use of purple on white. Aiya stood by the door with a tired reserved expression on her delicate face.

Neko: “I’m sorry Aiya I was applying something & just lost track of time”

Embarrassed, the cat maid kicked off their conversation with an excuse for her absence. This didn’t work on Aiya who knew something was up but could only nervously waltz closer to Neko changing to address her more directly.

Aiya: “You’ve done this alot”

Hearing this all Neko does in response is shrug her shoulders.

Neko: “Uh I’m not proud of it”

She said before straightening her dress & locking the locker door shut.

Neko: “It was upstairs you said? Which floor?

Viewing Aiya as that question continued to linger in the air for a moment until she answered.

Aiya: “It’s the second floor, that needs you”

Neko: “Ok good”

Just like that, she makes her way to the door currently behind Aiya staring down the cat like a bullfighter & stretches around the horse girl who was unwilling to let her go so quickly. As Neko eyed the door she was blocked by Aiya using her heightened stature to her advantage, though this felt mildly annoying to Neko the aroma coming from Aiya lacked any kind of malice, the face of this soaring giant was the face of someone reaching out. Neko was able to get this feeling from Aiya’s shy expression & timid deminer, nevertheless she was not willing to get caught, not today. no matter what Aiya planned on doing.

Aiya: “This has been happening for months now, you…spending more time in these back rooms than by the customers”

Aiya grabbed Neko’s shoulders with her long arms & pivoted to face Neko, towering over her like a tree. She proceeds to stare down at Neko who avoids eye contact with the huge horse.

Aiya: “If you have any concerns, don’t hesitate to talk. We support each other”

Neko felt sudden jitters in Aiya’s hands. But unwilling to face right & defy her Neko averts her gaze, Aiya saw this as an admission of guilt however Neko was unwilling to even show her face so in her mind of Aiya this must mean she’s hiding something personal.

Aiya: “I…”

Neko: “It’s nyot that deep. Ok”

Aiya was about to leave a statement but was cut off by Neko who said the only thing she could at this time. For Neko this was a matter of survival, the face Neko was hiding from the towering horse maid was trembling with ample eyes displaying fear as they watch the blank wall. Neko uses her left hand to promptly tap Aiya’s hand which sits on her right shoulder before walking ahead, she uses her long pink hair to keep her face hidden. The horse girl seeing this begins to feel sorrowful at her failure to help Neko, she walks over to Neko’s locker & proceeds to watch it with a somber look on her face.

Aiya: “I only tried to help

She said with a reluctant voice, looking all over the room & hoping she was alone. “Why do I do this, it must be a private matter. I overstepped” Aiya thinks to herself, subconsciously giving a bitter look to the tall girl who went too far. She stands there before gaining the courage to get back on duty.

--

18:02 at the maid café

Neko: “Hope you’ve had a lovely time myaster, please come again soon nya!”

Contrasting her previous attitude was Neko, bright & bubbly as she sent off a customer to the café. Displaying a full smile while performing a curtsy, gently pulling the sides of her skirt with her tender bow. This was the Neko customers & maids alike were used to, the cheerful Catgirl always present with light shining from her face. On the third floor, it had a similar arrangement to the second one minus the balcony. As the time is past 18:00, some establishments will be closing there will be a wave of salarymen coming to enjoy sweet treats & the company of beaming maids handing those treats. Neko stood in the middle of the silent room faintly anticipating the arrival of corporate workers.

| タタタタ | Footsteps

The silence was broken by footsteps coming from the stairs to Neko’s right, she took a short stride towards the stairs & the sound of customers. No, a single customer. Approaching the highest floor was what sounded like soft shoes trotting closer to Neko who remained standing, waiting for her new customer. She stood straight & held her smile as the silhouette of a taller gentleman entered. His shoes were brown leather beneath beige trousers, this young man came in wearing a crimson red polo shirt with short sleeves revealing his slim arms. Neko was somewhat surprised by the appearance of this customer, she placed herself in front of him & excitedly bowed.

Neko: “Kuraus welcome back to the café nya!”

After her maid greeting Neko rose up to meet his stary blue with a warm grin & cheeks beginning to redden.

Klaus: “Gud evening Neko…how are you doing?”

This was Klaus Wölfflin, a German foreign exchange student at Saitama University. He studies engineering & likes cars, this is what Neko sampled from serving him every time he came to the café.

Neko: “Ok Kurausu~Nyan we need to get you learning myore casual phrases. You speak to me like I’m your boss”

She instantly dropped the maid act when a conversation between the two finally started, putting both hands to her sides.

Neko: “But my day was not bad, & yours?”

The cat maid tilted her head & gave Klaus a smug look, not knowing what caused this Klaus slowly nodded.

Klaus: “My day was also gud, thank you”

Neko promptly spun around, with her back to Klaus she march towards an empty table for two. Turning back to his direction Neko firmly lowered her hand to one of the empty chairs, beckoning Klaus to sit there. Keeping her smile on him as he came closer with red growing on his cheeks. She pulls the chair slightly out allowing him to sit, as Klaus sat down Neko walked to the other end of the table.

Neko: “Are you comfortable? Myaster? Would you like a pillow?”

Standing next to the empty seat she asks her customer, seeing the effort Neko is putting into this interaction Klaus can only respond positively.

Klaus: “I am comfortable thanks haha”

Seeing a gracious laugh from him Neko confidently stood high over the table.

Neko: “That’s cat-tastic!”

This word Neko enthusiastically said left Klaus in a state of confusion.

Klaus: “Uh Neko San, what’s ‘cat-tastic’?”

Neko heard this question, she can’t say that’s how she actually speaks but luckily this job gives her one of the greatest excuses for such a conundrum.

Neko: “It’s fantastic but I made it sound more cat-like. All part of the experience Kurausu~Nyan”

Not wanting to keep that interaction going Neko changes to a different topic, luckily being a maid helps with that.

Neko: “So what shall I deliver from the kitchen?”

Neko presented to Klaus the café’s menu which sat on the tabletop with her light hands, noticing a menu resting on the table Klaus brings out his hand to pull it closer for an enhanced look at its contents. He glares at the café menu, which causes Neko to pivot closer hoping to aid him in choosing. His eyes seem to be hovering over the Om nom omurice, Neko notices this. “He must be hungry today” she thinks. Taking a resolute approach Neko swiftly places her finger onto the omurice also showing her clean peach-coloured nails, this catches Klaus off guard who jumps in shock.

Klaus: “Ah nein!”

He says stunned at this sudden action from the cat maid.

Neko: “Ah sorry for scaring you nya! I was just suggesting that myaster should have the Om nom omurice”

Putting his arms back onto the table Klaus was able to relax after that scare.

Klaus: “Ja I would love an omurice right now, I’ll take that”

He proceeds to beam in Neko’s direction, Klaus displayed a warm smile which made her feel pleasant. Neko quickly gazed elsewhere.

Neko: “& drinks?”

Klaus: “I’ll just have a coke”

This obvious answer got Neko to peer back at him, “he always orders that, we must change that” she thinks as she takes her hand to the menu once more to point at a different beverage.

Neko: “Would Kurausu~Nyan like something alittle different?”

She edged closer to Klaus, avoiding contact yet getting close enough for him to feel her breathing on his ear.

Neko: “Something also sweet but different? Something cold & refreshing, that goes well with the meal perhaps? Nya”

She gently whispers into his ears, switching between left & right with every question. This display of close action causes Klaus to stiffen & his gold hair to stand straight. Even gripping the chair he sits on as he hears each question from his cat maid though luckily it was only the two of them in that whole room so getting away with this was easy.

Klaus: “You…make a good point, I’ll go for the sprite instead”

Neko jumps from her position.

Neko: “That’s different enough, I’ll go get your order in no time myaster”

She swipes the menu from the table & walks off with a satisfied grin on her face, “those other maids are going to be so jealous” Neko’s thoughts are filled with how the others will react to her mood contrasting what happened between her & Aiya over an hour before. In the meantime Klaus sits at his table with an equally large smile grin on his face, he lowers his face to hide it from others. “I’m the only one here, why am I this nervous though?” he’s busy dealing with the aftermath of Neko’s brief ASMR session. Nevertheless, it’s not difficult to see that these two enjoy each other’s company.

0