Volume 6 Prolgoue
403 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When monsters invaded my own world, I really didn't care all too much about it.

I later learnt that there were all sorts of worlds out there but compared to all the other ones, mine was certainly far more scientifically advanced. But for its advancements, the people living there were just lacking in passion and vitality.

It was world where one would be acknowledged as an adult at a young age and swiftly become a member of its society. To be frank, I was sick of it. I think anyone in the world would feel more or less that way.

A society of boring humans who cared little for the interests and preferences of others and specialized in the pursuit of rationality. That's where its developments came from. And that's where its prosperity did too.

In any age, any world, the maturation of a society brings with both good and bad. In this world that rushed its people to adulthood, there was no place for twintails. With the developments made in science and medicine, the vision correcting tools known as glasses had nowhere left to remain but in the past as relics.

That which I loved had been deemed unecessary in life. What lingering sentiments could I have for a world like this? But the monsters would still make to steal away the radiance that wouldn't be there in the peoples' hearts.

However, a lone warrior would blow away those petty cynical values in my young self. She taught me there was always radiance to be found in anyone's heart. It made me realize that even if the world and society denied it from me, the love I myself had was would not be fake...

With glittering silver twintails that extended out gallantly, she tore apart the alien monsters with ease. The invincible beauty, Twoearle.

She stood boldy up against the invading monsters all by hereself... She was our world's guardian deity. 

I wanted to be just like her.

People all around our world admired her twintails and they soon sported the same hairstyle in time as if guided.

For me, it wasn't just the beauty of her hairstyle that drew me in but her strength as well. It made me want to become strong just like she was.

Without letting others influence me or falling into fads, I resolutely pierced through with my own creed. And by the end of it, the world had become captive to its own creed.

Was it not such a thrill? The twintails relegated down to being childish had become the savior of the world. And she herself was fit to become its ruler. She fended off the invaders and thus all wished to be led by her.

To be like her. To stand right next to her. To see the same world, the same twintails with her.

I watched her from the shadow, always. I took pictures in secret. I tailed her after to find out where she lived. I stuck pictures of her all around my room and made a hugging pillow of her using the sneak pictures I had. I had her face printed on my underwear.

I was a child and I was only capable of silly things such as that but I had no intention of letting my admiration for her fall short of anyone else.

That was probably why... At some point, my glasses answered my love. They gave shape to my wish.

When I acquired that grand power though, everything had come to an end. Ultimaguil had subjugated our world and all color had disappeared from the hearts of the people. Twintails had vanished from their hearts - glasses had vanished from their hearts.

All that I had left in my hand were a single pair of glasses imbued with the power of the heart. 

If only I had become a warrior a little sooner.

If me and Twoearle could have fought together should to shoulder... couldn't we have protected our world?

If only I had stuck more closely to her when I  tailed her. I only I had been a little bit more tenacious with the hidden pictures. It's effeminate story but even now do I still regret and lament upon it. If only I had just taken one more step closer to her.

When I looked upon that world that should have been tied in twintails at all times become irreversibly undone, I swore an oath.

It was not enough to just fight the way Twoearle did. She couldn't protect human elemera from Ultimaguil. It was impossible for humans to eliminate all the endlessly emerging elemarians. It was by accepting that fact that a fight that could be thought came to me.

By letting myself be slandered in treachery, all I would have to do was to rule the elemarians from within and restrict them.

Apart from the omnipotent leader, there wasn't a single elemarian who could break through my shield anymore. I would come to lead the lemarians and become the ultimate ruler, the ultimate grasper that would lose to no warrior.

By overseeing the forfeit of a world with my own eyes, I would also be able to heal the pain that Twoearle held in her heart for not being able to protect our world. That's what I believed.

Using those feeling to prop myself up, I travelled to many world until I finally reunited with her but... I don't know if it was out of guilt but she had entrusted her own twintails that remained with her to another warrior.

The feelings I piled up and pent up turned to resentment. I turned that anger with nowhere to go on that girl and challenged her to a fight but, she took my feelings head on.

That girl certainly did have the right qualities to be entrusted with that hope and that unfulfilled wish. She was a worthy rival so she became the second person I offered my love to.

That warrior... the twintailed girl that carried on Twoearle's soul was Tail Red.

Surely there was no way that I could believe her to be a man of all things, could I!?

My feelings... My wish, just how many more transformations must they go through before they're done...

0