The Divine Heart Of The City
168 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A burning sensation dripped onto her face. It was the sting of alcohol. It snapped her back to reality.

"Hey, fuck you!" The fiery witch hunter barked out. She was gagged no longer, but still bound and blindfolded.

A cacophony of giggles greeted her, with the harsh smell of smoke. The loud swing of a brass band roared. She could only imagine she had been taken. The witch hunter scowled at her captors.

A puff of something choked her throat and scraped at her eyes. She coughed loudly. The witch hunter didn't feel quite sober anymore.

"Lets make a deal, little rat~" A voice sang at her

"Do this for us, and we'll let you go!" Another voice squeaked

"Grab for us the key to the city." A lower voice commanded.

"What?" The blindfolded girl replied

"You'll know her when you see her. If you can apprehend her, we'll let you go home free."

"Fine!" the witch hunter grunted a reply.

Voices -how many? -snickered and laughed and made bets and gossiped.

"Calm down everyone-" The commanding voice boomed, "Okay we'll wake you up when we need you."

The witch hunter screamed out a few curses and "fuck you"s but something potent passed her lips. Her words slurred and the word turned black-


She woke up again, now surprisingly unbound. She was... in a some kind of sack? Ugh. It smelled rotten.

She wiggled her way out, tearing at plastic to find herself in something like an empty office building. Dim lights lit the hallways. Did they hide her in a bunch of trash? Gross.

She stood up, gathering her senses. They somehow left her with her charms, body armor, and gun. All of the standard gear for a witch hunter in her precinct. What were they thinking? Maybe they trusted her enough to fulfill her side of the deal. Or maybe everything she had on her was just mere child's play to them. 

Oh. She found a sticky note. There was a crude looking drawing of a stick figure with a halo and two orbs on its chest. 'KEY TO THE CITY' the note declared. She guessed this was her target?

A soft humming wafted through the hallways. Something was shining brightly. She might as well investigate it.

The witch hunter slowly skulked towards the noise. It seemed like she was mostly alone, but who knew what lurked here? A strange feeling kept the hair on her arms on end. She reached the end of the hallway. From the corner of her eyes she saw-An angel girl! Her mind raced. Her studies had described them to her. Was she the Key to the City she was looking for? Angels- She was severely outclassed. Probably.  Or was she? It's not like she has much of a choice. She had to capture her.

She turned a corner and faced into a lonely office illuminated by the resident within.

"Freeze!" Adrenaline pumped. She held out her gun. Did guns worked on angels right? Surely they did.

But- she wasn't ready for the angel's appearance. Soft. Motherly. Her many wings and many arms stretched out invitingly. A warm kindness radiated from her. A halo over head shone hypnotically. Her sheer presence was almost blinding.

Her honied voice sealed her fate. "I was told to expect to expect a visitor." The angel woman retorted softly, melting all of the witch hunter's aggression.

FUCK.

Of course she was set up. Those witches didn't even say what to do with this woman once she got her. She didn't even know where she was!

"Ooohhh, you ARE the kind to obey first and ask questions. Perfect~" The woman approached her. The witch hunter wanted to fire. But- was there even a point now?

"Say- what motivates you?" The angel woman continued, as if continuing a pleasant conversation. "You don't look one of those narrow minded zealots- did those witch hunters lie to you?" The woman towered over the girl, moving with soft authority. She grabbed her chin. One of her many arms pulled her in and she embraced her into her chest like a lost child. The angel's divinity piercing through the poor girl, her senses overwhelmed. The witch hunter closed her eyes- the light of the halo was too blinding. However, soft hands gently forced them open.

The woman's many divine eyes pierced through the girl, weighing her every virtue and vice.

"Ah, you have a precious lover at home? You just want to protect her? Ah sweetie. You are really ARE a good girl~" The girl felt like she could melt under her. The angel's words rang like a symphony in her head and sat like full-course meal in her gut. A motherly warmth enveloped her. A sense of divinity, true purpose, dripped into her very being. 

The woman pressed her head into her chest. She whispered something, like a sweet secret between lovers, into the girl's ears "I'll protect you both. Come clean and work for me. The witch hunters will never treat a honest girl like you well. I'll give you the warmth and love you deserve~"

The angel grabbed the girl's chin again, holding her softly. An anticipatory heat filled the girl. Whatever would happen next, the witch hunter wanted it more than anything. The angel's lips found hers. The angel's arms caressed the girl in her most sensitive places. The witch hunter, now ex-witch hunter, felt like she was experiencing a full body epiphany. She cried out. A burning truth wormed its way into her very soul.

The girl dropped her gun, and fell limply onto the angel.  The angel, in turn, comforted her with the grace of both a mother and lover.

A second light- a second halo- began to shine in the room.

Yes- the ex-witch hunter thought. This is who I am now.


Some time later, in a lively bar, a witch smiled from the rafters at the angel girl and her lover giggling below. Some of the Key to the City's motherly softness and mannerisms had rubbed off onto the new angel girl, as though she was the Key to the City's own daughter. Speaking of which-

"Oh, thank you so much for retrieving her dear lover for me! Heavens knows what would have happened to her if we left her!" The Key to the City's face twisted with concern. The witch gave a reassuring smile. She felt like she could finally resist being overwhelmed by the angel's presence. Or maybe it's the fact the witch was already three drinks and a smoke in.

"Doooonnn't worry about it! I'm just doing my part keeping our city safe!" The witch smugly squeaked a reply.

"Oh! And thank you so much for sending her to me. She's so full of fire and determination. It would have all been wasted on a witch hunter. But its perfect for an angel girl citizen protecting our dear city!"

2