Chapter 3: Practice of Divinities
35 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

You can probably find early chapters on my patreón, If you are interested, go to: https://www.patreón.com/OriginStudio

Discord: https://discord.gg/N7Y3Rstew2

==================================================================

"But first, we need to get you a Focuser." Orious said, still with that crazy smile that was slowly leaving his face. Looking at him now, you would think the guy is high on something very promising. But he was walking around like nothing was wrong, and everyone around seemed to think the same, or at least ignored his condition.

But I couldn't, so I asked and was answered. "Yeah, I'm fine." Was the answer he gave me when I asked if he was alright. Followed by, "You know, you should stop poking around into places where you don't belong." Which prompted me to also start ignoring his condition.

"By the way, I've been curious, but haven't gotten a chance to ask yet. Why are all the sellers here asking for faith?"

"Hmm? Oh, that's our currency. Since it's something that all the Gods and Goddesses can acquire quite easily, but hard in large amounts, it became the go to currency. A few years' worth of faith is the common wealth of Gods, with the more wealthy ones having a hundred years' worth of faith."

I nodded at that explanation, which made sense. They have something in surplus that is easy to acquire but difficult to amass, it will obviously become a pretty good currency, but what do I know. I was just your average office worker, granted I worked for a pretty bad organization, but still an office job.

Getting out of my thoughts, I looked up to see ourselves in front of a quaint little store, looking inside through the windows, I saw all types of wands, staffs, even some wind or earthly structures. Following Orious inside, there weren't a lot of people here, only around three more, other than us.

Orious walked right to the counter and rung the bell, which alerted an attendant at the back to walked to the counter. The attendant asked, "How may I help you, sir?"

"I need a Focuser for this kid. New around here, you know the deal." With that, the attendant looked at me and nodded at Orious' statement, before going to the back. We waited for a few seconds before the attendant came back to the desk, carrying a long 2-meter-long bow staff or just a bit stick. The attendant placed the big stick on counter and said.

"That'll be 15 years' worth of faith, sir." Orious clicked his tongue before nodding and waving his hand, bringing out a mass of glowing yellow light. He then put his hand on a cashier looking object, and the yellow energy disappeared, then the cashier looking object light up with a 15. The attendant nodded and handed the 2-meter-long stick to him, Orious grabbed the stick and left the ship.

Outside, he gave me the stick and said, "Here, your Focuser. It should help you with controlling your divine energy." I nodded and grabbed the stick, holding it like a mage would their staff. Then Orious grabbed my shoulder and teleported us to his home entrance.

"Here, follow me. I have a place that will give you free range on your abilities." Orious said, walking forward, into the hall under the staircase. We walked for some time, most of it in silence, sometimes asking questions like what Divine Energy is. He answered with,

"Divine Energy is like magical energy or mana, but of a higher degree. It can do everything that magical energy can do, but better. It's also what that body of yours is made of, and the thing that gives you access to your Divinities, along with giving you those Divinities. Its pretty much an all eclipsing energy, which can accomplish pretty much anything imaginable if you have enough of it and control over it.–"

Damn. That's a lot, so Divine Energy is like the very thing that sustains Gods and gives them their power. It should be very powerful to give the Gods their abili–

"Divine Energy is produced by the Divine Force, which is basically the all-powerful controller and manager of the universe and its laws and stuff. Anyway, here we are, the training room for the rest of your stay here." Orious said, not even giving me the chance to think about this Divine Force, while also opening the door to a room with a plains, trees, and grass inside.

I looked at him, just to make sure that I wasn't dreaming or hallucinating, Orious looked at me. We looked at each other for a few seconds before he suddenly walked inside while closing the door behind him. The door closing pushed by inside, which gave me the chance to breathe in the fresh air of this room.

Orious walked to the center of the plains and grabbed a cushion from thin air and set it down, along with another one. Then he waved at me, calling me over to seat on the cushion next to his. He sat down, and crossed his legs, straightened his back, and closed his eyes.

"First look at what I do, then try to copy me." I nodded, which he seemed to ignore, before he suddenly breathed in deeply, and a whirlwind suddenly appeared around him. The air danced around his sitting figure fast but gently, his toga moving with the wind's rhythm, and then a presence exploded outwards.

When the presence hit me, it made me slightly lean backwards, shocking me a little, before it was overshadowed by Orious gently floating in place. Then his open to completely white, glowing eyeballs. Orious looked at me, and probably saw fear written all over my face, along with fascination, admiration, hope, and probably a bunch of other emotions.

Just seconds after, an illusory image and sense of domineering strength appeared behind Orious, causing me to slightly bow my head. Another few seconds later, and a sense of poverty overcame me, when looking at Orious I felt poorer, lesser. Then all the images disappeared from my senses, replaced by Orious gently floating in place, now normal looking at me.

"What I just did is release my Divine Presence by circulating Divine Energy. As you probably felt, my Divine Presence included all my divinities, except Tra–"

"Wait, wait, wait." I stopped him quickly, asking, "How were you flying? And can I do it to?" He looked at me confused by the question, before saying, "Of course, all Gods can fly. Something as weak as Gravity can not hold us without our want." He said matter-of-factly, which only served to excite me even more at the prospect of flying. Unfortunately, it was quickly doused when Orious said, "Unfortunately, you can't fly for the time being, at least not until you leave my care."

"As I was saying–"

"Wait why?" Orious looked at me with annoyance with he quickly kept in control.

*Sigh* "Because you are not allowed to fly in Pandoria, it is forbidden by the All-Father. The only ones allowed to fly in Pandoria are the Poenic members."

"Who are the Poenic?"

"You will find out about them later on, after you join the pantheon. Lets get back to this, as this is more important than the Poenic members right now… As I was saying, only my divinity of Travel did not display. For you to learn more about your divinities, you need to fully release them in your Divine Presence, you need to feel them completely flowing through your body and soul. Now come sit and try it yourself."

"To release your Divine Presence, you need to tap into your divinities and make them flow through your body and soul." Orious said slowly as I closed my eyes and began to concentrate.

"Do the same thing as you did in the smith, concentrate on that energy, but instead of moving them into your hand and out, let it freely flow through your body." I nodded and concentrated on the four different sections inside. I gently grabbed one and spread it out into my body.

With the energy spreading around, it caused me to feel some minor pleasure, warmth, like my mother's hugs. Wanting to feel more of that, I grabbed more and let it fly through my body freely.

"Good. Now let it flow through your soul." I made no physical gesture, but the release of me presence was enough confirmation for Orious. After hearing Orious in a dull voice, I followed what he said and grabbed more energy, letting it flow through an illusory white object in my mind.

[Outside]

When Lehies first released his power, it was minor, negligible, however as time went on his divinities started manifesting. The sky of the room began changing between day time and night time, sometimes even something in between, the stars at night changed patterns and positions. The weather began picking up, the wind accelerating, and rains started falling, thunder sounds began appearing all over the room, echoing in the room. Finally, lightning appeared, big and fast lightning strikes, leaving the striking points on fire.

However, they carried no weight, but once his Divine Presence appeared, the strength of Lehies soul began weighing down on Orious. Sparks of lightning traveling around his and Lehies' body, thunder ringing in the background, and the sky changing in any way it wanted. Finally, Lehies opened his eyes, manifesting as white electric sparks, glowing madly.

"Good, you can stop now." Over all the sounds of the rustling trees, violent winds, and thundering lightning, Orious' voice was carried into Lehies ear with slight surprise.

[Lehies POV]

"You know, doing what did right now took me around four or five times. You are pretty talented at controlling Divine Energy." Orious said in slight jest.

"However, that was only a raw application of Divine Energy, now you are going to try and control your specific divinities one by one." He said in all seriousness, which got me to nod quickly.

"You see that tree over there." I nodded. "Fire a bolt of lightning at it." I was about the follow his instructions when I turned to him confused. "You felt what lightning felt like, you know how to form and throw it. So, do it." I looked at him, but he just backed up from me.

Seeing as he was not going to help me anymore, I figured I would need to learn this one myself. So, I searched through my now Panmnesia memory, and accessed the feelings I had when I released my divinity over lightning.

Electric, constant movement, power, burning, and speed. That's what I felt when I released my divinity of lightning, so I tried to channel those feelings into my divine energy. When I opened my eyes, I see electricity flowing through my hand, a buzzing coming off of it constantly, and when I reach a single point in palm, I know that I had succeeded.

So, I looked at the tree, and aimed my hand at it, in a few more seconds I would throw lightning at this tree, only for it to blew up with a *SZZZZ* and *BOOOM*. The next thing I know, my entire view is filled with blue light, then smoke.

"Cough, Cough, Cough." I coughed while swiping away at the smoke. When it all cleared, I saw Orious standing there, looking at me amused. Seeing that face, I knew that he was either making fun of my failure or just plain and truly amused by it. So, I again concentrated and drew my hand again, charging another bolt into my palm and aiming my palm out again.

The result?

.

.

.

The same thing.

*SZZZZZZ*

*BOOOOOOM*

This time, much bigger.

2