1: So here I am
697 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

You see I never believed in the line where some guy says, "If you want something hard enough, the universe will give it to you." which is an utter lie.

Now you will ask why? Well, it is because it never happened. Like how I desperately wanted a wife for the past twenty years but did the universe give anything?

Nope, nothing… I guess, I was never the prize child.

Anyway…

Here I am having a dream about kissing my nonexistent wife when someone shook my entirety like a rag doll. Like literally, I am having the best day of my life and you want my attention.

'Come on… That's not fair.'

Expecting the good old shout from my dog and alarm, I opened my eyes only to see a man probably in his early twenties looking at me with an annoyed look in his eyes.

"Oye… Wake up, class is over." He said as I rose from the slumber of drooling over my desk.

"Yeah…"

"Come on, let's go." He waved his hands off and began to leave, so did I. Giving a last look to my classroom, I left through the door.

Soon I was outside surrounded by hundreds if not thousands of students. They were all going here and there and I was observing them.

"Nice background… Wait…"

Then it struck me.

Just where the hell am I?

***

I am Tim Walker.

I was just an ordinary guy who failed to graduate and picked up a cheap laptop to start writing a novel. And I failed there too until I wrote a super generic / cliché novel with overused plots called RE: Genesis.

No, it was not the New York best seller. Hell, no one even knew about it except my two thousand followers on Royalroad and one thousand on Scribblehub.

From those three thousand people, I guess two hundred were supporting me on patreon and I was making some good cash to live my life, disturbing no one.

But now, everything is ruined.

---

=========

Status: -

User: Tim Walker

Class: Conjurer [Mage]

Profession: Defender Mage

Element: Earth

Stats: -

Rank: F+

Strength: F-

Agility: F

Endurance: F

Mana Capacity: G+

Vitality: F

Luck: F

Charm: G+

Skills: - N/A

=========

Staring at the translucent screen before me I sighed deeply.

All my fears had come true.

I was not on earth anymore. Technically I was but not on the real one.

"Welcome to Genesis, Tim Walker!" I said to myself as the screen disappeared before my eyes on a single thought.

It was abundantly clear to me that… I was inside my own shitty novel. Well, not entirely shitty but still kind of… a little shitty.

But that was not the point. The point was I was here, in a world solely created by me, envisioned by me, written by me.

"Which is… Awesome!" I mean, just imagine how many freaking things I could do in this world where I made every law. I was literally the God here. I knew everything.

"But…" Still one question left unanswered. "How the hell did I get here? Did I die?"

I had no answer to this question as I just slept before waking up in the classroom. Transmigration was the most possible answer but I needed to die for that to happen and I had no recollection of dying.

I wrecked my head, thinking over the same stuff, till I gave up. "Fuck it… I am here, that's it. Let's enjoy life now."

With a pleasant smile on my face, I made my way to the dorms of Orsier Academy. It appeared that I was a student here, or at least me waking up in the classroom, and the student ID I was holding suggested that.

Standing before the wooden door, I glanced at the steel number plate above the door that showed the number 237, and then looked down at the card I was grasping.

'Yep. Got the room right.'

Entering the room, on my left, I spotted a mirror hanging from the wall. I closed in and stood directly before it.

A man with Black hair and black eyes stared back at me. With the pale white skin & not so well-built body, he reminded me of my younger self.

'So, it's a self-insert of my younger version, not transmigration.'

"Good." I smirked, moving away, and sitting on my bed.

Glancing around, a simply decorated room laid before me. The room was furnished with the basic necessities that consisted of a clean white bed, an old wooden spacious desk, a tall wardrobe, a kitchen and a small bathroom.

"Now let's assess the situation."

I picked the digital card from my shirt pocket and tapped, revealing a hologram tab which read.

---------

Student ID: Tim walker

Age: 21

Picture: (Holographic picture of me)

Program: Vanquisher Year 1

School Rank: 1902/2091

Potential: D Rank

Profession: Defender

---------

"I see."

Looking at the information, I let out a bitter smile.

"I am nobody here. Just a mob who has nothing to do with the actual plot or story."

Not the protagonist but just an unknown mob which was perfect.

But who wanted to be the protagonist anyway?

Me?

"Nope! Not a chance."

Why in the whole wide world I want to be that stupid protagonist who was going to get chucked a million times. I mean I had added so much suffering that I too myself lost count.

I just got a new life. I was nor stupid enough to throw it in the gutter and replace the Main Character with myself just because of his would-be harem. I mean I did put much effort into flesh their outward looks.

All in all, they were beautiful, but who cares!

'This world has magic and skills! That is more important than girls.'

There's no way I was going to spend my time messing around when I could practice magic! I could already imagine myself doing some batshit crazy thing. Like casting huge fireballs, flying like superman, no not batman, punches that could uproot an entire tree and many more.

Just the thought made me shed tears of joy.

I mean how could I not be excited? I was from a world where magic didn't exist. And now I was in my world, where I could do anything and everything plus the magic that I made by myself. 

Learning it was already a must.

"But wait..."

'There's no way I can survive the calamity with this low level of talent.  I will be killed like a bug. Even a dog can kill me.'

"I need a plan."

My talent was low compared to others. Still, If we take into account that a D rank talent was the norm here and extremely sought after in other academies, I could probably live comfortably once I graduate from here.

"But I need to be stronger to survive my own mess. D rank is just not enough to withstand the cosmic being coming to hunt this world."

I pondered over the matter for a moment, cursing myself for inventing the rank limiting system but soon remembered a leeway I created for the protagonist. There was always something I did to give the MC a heads up and now I could use it to my advantage.

"That's it. Let's find the Invocation spell which could have helped the already overpowered protagonist become over-overpowered. But won't it disturb the MC's future? He will reach S rank anyway. So... Fuck it."

I thought again and grasped my own stupidity over being a sucker of power fantasy.

Like literally, I gave him the highest possible talent and the best equipment this world offered. 

Wasn't that a bit too unfair?... I guess it was.

Now that I was in the novel, I could understand why readers always complained about the protagonist being too cocky and over-over-over-overpowered.

"Sorry man, you are already too much for this world to handle…"

***

Setting my foot outside the campus of the academy I took a deep breath and exhaled.

"Fuu… That's refreshing."

Behind me stood an enormous academy spanning over seven hundred thousand square meter and before me was the town named Orsier or in other words the capital city of humanity.

Why humanity as a whole because half the land on earth was gone. No, not evaporated into thin air but was under the control of demons who showed up three hundred years ago out of nowhere. They took over the entirety of Russia, half of Europe and Asia, followed by a quarter of Canada within a hundred year.

Then all humans came together to fight back. They created the already known United Nations even more powerful which now ruled the earth or what's left of it.

Oriser where the head office of the UN was became the capital city and this academy was created to harness heroes or in other words Lances who helped humans fight back using magic which materialized on earth along with the demons.

'That's the basic rundown, I guess.'

Well, I wanted to go with an apocalyptic setting and it was the only thing that came to mind. Generic as hell but was the best I could ever do.

"It is what it is playa." I said to myself with a sigh walking towards the bus station to get to the city. It was the mess I created with my own hand and keyboard, and now was mine to prevail.

15