4: Invocation
328 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sitting on the bed, I rolled my eyes over the meaningless scribbles on the scrolls. I never seriously considered what to write in those scrolls properly.

Just copy-pasted some random square, diagonal stuff I found on the internet and that's how this stupid language was created.

Yes, language, I fucking created a language. Well, not me technically. Somehow genius magicians here found a way to turn those scribbles into an actual language.

'I'll have to eventually learn this language, don't I? Ugh...Well, whatever, I don't need to learn it to use these scrolls right now anyways.'

I came back to my dormitory an hour ago, bought something from the cafeteria, and came to the room. No, I did not bump into Annie anywhere. I guess she reached the academy long before I did.

'Who cares whatever she is doing anyway. And let's not talk about what happened two hours ago.'

It was weird, more than weird. I was still a bit shocked after seeing the radical changes in her attitude. I mean, what the hell was up with her… She was acting like….

You know what, let's get to the point necessary here or it would just fry my brain.

So, I ate the food and now was in preparation of the sacred spell which would invoke the limitation placed on my rank.

The invocation was practically necessary for me to be a little stronger… or in other words on par with the protagonist to save my ass by myself.

"Can't act like a petrified heroine, can I?" I mumbled opening and placing the scrolls one above another.

Next, I opened the mana potions, smelled them a bit, wanted to puke but stopped myself.

I never knew mana potions smelled this horrible.

Believe me, I was now having second thoughts about drinking these but without them the spell would backfire and I would be paralyzed for an entire day.

Yeah, I was stupid to add these unnecessary clauses here and there but could not back down now.

Despite throwing up whatever I ate, I drank all three potions. Sat down for a moment for my body to accept and it did its magic after five minutes.

My head felt lighter as the accumulated fatigue disappeared from my mind and body. I could move more freely with a rejuvenated mind.

'Mana, has it perks huh.'

Soon I placed those old papers before me, grabbed the kitchen knife and got ready to cut my palms for some blood. It looked like some satanic rituals but trust me it was not.

I stared at my hand and the knife for a few seconds, thinking about the pain it would bring upon me… but I did not have any choice.

"Son of a bitch…" I groaned in pain after cutting across my palm in one go.

It hurt but the result was worth it.

The droplets of blood dropped on the papers and the scrolls glowed. I saw bluish sparks swirl through the air as my blood evaporated into nothing.

Finally, the moment of truth knocked on my door. Not literally but metaphorically.

"Inverse!"

I said one word and the sparks turned into a small whirlwind over the scrolls attached to my hand. It rotated for a min until I felt my hands sting followed by the same sensation all over my body.

Soon the little tornado disappeared into oblivion with a little outward blow in the air.

And the show was over as the translucent screen appeared before me with a box containing some texts.

<=========>

Rank Unlocked. Provision to all levels is now available. Thank you!

<=========>

As soon as I finished reading the system appeared.

=========

Status: -

User: Tim Walker

Class: Conjurer [Mage]

Profession: Defender Mage

Element: Earth

Stats: -

Rank: E-

Strength: F

Agility: F+

Endurance: F+

Mana Capacity: F-

Vitality: F

Luck: F

Charm: G+

Skills: - N/A

=========

Overall stats changed a little as the limitation broke. Like my rank and mana capacity increased. Rank went from F+ to E- and mana capacity went from G+ to F-, which was a huge improvement.

Now I could store mana and I also felt like my mana pool increased a bit.

Yes, I felt like it because seeing the mana pool was impossible. Peeking inside my body was a no go.

Other stats also increased but were not worth mentioning as I felt nothing different than five minutes ago. It was the same, so I dismissed the screen.

And just like that, I invoked the limit.

I mean, it was nothing special.

It was not hidden in some unreachable mountain, concealed underwater, surrounded by burning lava and dangerous sharks. To reach there you had to cross seven seas, five continents, fifteen deserts, kill the sharks and lastly wear a modified hazmat suit to cross the lava.

Only the protagonist would do all that hardcore stuff, not me. I would do the easy way.

You could mark it as cheating but who cares.

"I am the goddamn author, bitch. I am the God of suffering. MC would suffer for his character growth, not me. Ha ha ha… haaa haaa…. Hu hu ha ha ha Haaaaa haaa…."

Cough! Cough! Cough!

"Yeah… Cough! Cough!... That's enough."

Cough!

After choking my breath from unnecessary laughing, I patted my back with a smug look and leaned on the bed.

The scrolls were turned to dust by now, giving me no worries to clean. "That was easy man."

I smiled remembering the time where I wrote about hiding that invocation spell in some impossible place where only MC could reach.

The spell was nothing out of ordinary but I pretentiously made it something otherworldly and attached some suffering in the journey for his character to grow.

Generic, but I was the lazy writer and it looked good.

"What can I say now?" I shrugged my shoulders. "If it works, then it works. That's it."

MC would suffer and I would enjoy the show as a bystander. Perfect!

***

I sighed looking at the round clock hanging on the wall which read 12:45 PM. It has been three hours of constant lecture, which I literally wrote.

Not entirely but I wrote all the pointers and these people had modified it to some understandable extent adding their flavors into it.

The old lecturer kept blabbering about some mana theory as to how to increase mana capacity which I already knew.

I knew most things here apart from unnecessary descriptions every academy created for no reason at all.

Anyway, I realized now that I have spawned in this world in between the first-year. Which meant it's the sixth month for all students, but for me it was the first month, literally the second day.

But it was nothing to worry about because I was the "Author" who knew exactly what would happen every single day in MC's life.

'Yeah… I am smart.'

Still, some traces of doubts lingered in me. The Female lead aka Anniliese's behavior was too weird. She acted like she knew me prior to that awkward meeting in that café.

'But how? When? Where?'

I had no recollection of ever interacting with her. But then why was she being affectionate towards me?

She even took my jacket and iced coffee for God's sake.

I just could not figure out what led the plot to derail so much. Or… Was I really here for the past six month?

Like today was 27th October 2423 and the academy started this educational year on 17th April.

A total of six month and ten days had passed. And if anything had happened in between that time, then it could perfectly explain her incomprehensive behavior.

'Then why the hell I don't remember anything.' If I was really here then I at least have to have some basic understanding of the situation not start from zero.

Was it some sort of amnesia or what?

And in the midst of me pondering over the matter, the lecture ended and the class which contained more than six hundred students began to leave for the cafeteria.

I did not realize any of the commotion until I heard someone dropping something beside me.

"What?" I looked up to the side and it was a boy picking a huge ass book.

He picked up the book and left followed by me sighing for the tenth time in half an hour.

It was pointless to think as I could not remember anything. So, I gave up, got up from my retractable seat, and made my way towards the exit.

Soon, I was out of the room but not out of needless problems.

Just a couple of steps ahead of me, a little quarrel was going on between my all too lovable mother ducking Protagonist aka Arthur and some random handsome douchebag who was trying to talk to Anniliese.

I reached the corridor, filled with students witnessing the shit show.

"Hey, what's going on here?" I asked a random guy who was too eager to answer my question.

"Oh, Tim." He grinned and wrapped his hand around my neck, pulling me closer. "You see that macho guy Rick. He was trying to ask our aloof princess on a date and she said no obviously. Then he began rambling nonsense and Arthur the shining knight showed up. Then this shit show."

I nodded, saying nothing and unwrapping his hands.

"What? You gonna leave?" The random boy who seemed to know me asked again.

"Yeah man. I have to eat something. No point in this senseless drama." I responded with a wry smile, making my way into the side way. He did not stop me nor did I want him to stop me.

Soon I passed the hubbub and with a content smile walked towards the cafeteria until I felt something coming from behind at a rapid speed.

I turned around and…

Bam!

That douchebag came flying at me, shouting on top of his lungs and before I could do anything he collided with me.

I sensed every bit of air leaving my body as I hit the ground with a thud before rolling several times along with that macho guy.

He hit the wall and stopped, trailed by me stopping a couple of inches from him.

"You son of a bitch…" I groaned in pain, trying to rise from the floor and looking at Arthur who now carried a satisfied look on his face.

Arthur swirled his hands through his ash-white hair as his red diamond like eyes shimmered with confidence.

His facial features were beyond handsome, body was muscular and the sharp gaze added cherry on top. A man every girl desired.

And now as the writer of this piece of shit I wanted to punch him but could not. He was just untouchable for my rank.

Even if I tried to fight him, who was a D-rank guy, and an academy favorite student, then it wouldn't take long for him to beat the shit out of me, followed by me getting kicked out.

Thus, I could do nothing but tolerate.

"You okay Annie?" Arthur asked in a worried tone, moving closer to Anniliese who just rolled her eyes and began to live.

"I was already fine."

She left saying those words and Arthur grinned awkwardly before following her.

Both passed by me. Anniliese maintained the detached air around her and Arthur said sorry to me in a hurried tone.

Kaput!

The End!

They were gone, the crowd gone. It was only me and the unconscious guy.

I took a deep breath and exhaled. Repeated it a couple of times to calm my raged mind but it did nothing to help my pain. My body was aching all over after getting slammed by this bison.

"I swear to God, I really wanna throw this hero into the lava." I mumbled gritting my teeth before helping the bison, I mean that macho guy to get up on his feet.

I led him to the infirmary, washed my face and lastly went on my merry way with an accumulating anger inside me.

14