16- Revealtion
72 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“W-What are you?” I managed to stammer out, observing the being standing a couple of feet away from me.

Despite living 40 years in a modernist society filled with wonders, what my eyes saw, my brain refused to believe.

A monster, for a lack of a better word, which easily towered over ten meters high, was seated cross-legged, on a crudely carved throne of jagged stone with an arm lazily supporting its head.

With petrifying red eyes that gazed down onto me, while menacing, carried an oddly tranquil quality. Two massive horns protruded out the sides of its head, arched down and around its skull, curving up to a point near the front, reminding me of something almost akin to a crown.

It had a mouth with two fangs peeking out of its lips and while its body was adorned in a sleek black armor that had neither decorations nor embellishments, it still glowed with the quality of a priceless treasure.

“It’s me dumbass!” That unknown being shouted, leaning forward.

“Ilec?” I muttered aloud with a skeptical look on my face. I clearly recognized the familiarity in his voice as the fear clenching my heart slowly let go.

“Yup! It’s me.” Ilec nodded with a hideous grin.

“How the hell did you become like this?” I was dumbfounded seeing a frail dude transforming into a beast or whatever that was in a matter of seconds.

 "Well, I am always like this." He shrugged his shoulders as if it was the most normal thing to do. "You should have noticed… Wait, you are a human and a man. You guys are too dumb to notice anything."

"You son of a bitch!" I gritted my teeth not out of anger but out of frustration. The lies this guy told were really hitting the point of no return.

"You literally said you can't do anything because of that stupid curse and now you are standing here with whatever you are." My face turned sour as I pieced the entire picture together. "And where the hell am I, in your home?"

"Hmm….." Ilec scratched his chin, falling into a deep thoughtful state. "Man, now you’re acting smart."

"Because I am smart for God's sake." I retorted, standing back on my feet, dusting off dirt from my pants. "So, this is your real form I presume, which no human has ever seen in his life." My tone became a little sarcastic as I tried to taunt him.

"Well… not exactly but kind of exactly." He smiled, raising his arms in a shallow manner before leaving his throne and making his way toward me.

"Which one is it, exactly or not exactly?" I enquired, tone staying the same and face carrying an unnoticeable smirk.

"No human has ever seen our true form." His face turned stoic as his eyes left traces of every emotion. "Only a certain few know or have seen this avatar. And you are one of them. Be proud that you are blessed with this opportunity of a lifetime."

"Dude, you should become a TV host or something," I responded, exhaling a small breath.

“I know right?” He laughed hysterically. “Just think about how much fame I can get for one of those puny roles. Man, I would be rich in no time. My voice is awesome anyway and let’s not talk about my face. It is beyond handsome, it is otherworldly. I mean, how can ladies not like me… I am…”

“Ilec, can we stop bullshitting?” I said with a snort and an annoyed face. This pretentious bastard was really out of hand.

“Well, you are the one bullshitting. I am just presenting myself in front of a lowly human.” He snorted in discontent as he turned around, walking towards the lake.

“Yeah, yeah.” I waved off his words and followed him, catching up from behind. "Any reason for dragging me onto your grand palace?"

"Do not try to mock me, human." Ilec clicked his tongue, throwing an angry side glance at me. "This is my temporary shelter; my home is beyond grand."

"Very well." I accepted his words, not arguing any further. "Now care to elaborate on why I am here and why you lie about everything?"

"You ask too many questions, Tim Walker!" Ilec sneered, observing the still water, and exhaling a too-loud sigh.

"Cause you pull crazy shit out of your ass too many times," I answered honestly with no hints of fear in my voice nor on my face. 

It’s strange, standing beside him and looking at him now, I couldn’t feel any fear at all, despite how a normal person would act. It was strange… But I couldn’t care less. 

"I should not deny that." For once in his life, Ilec agreed to my words. "I can understand how a tiny creature would witness the power of a superior." He let out a toothy grin which didn't look pretty for me to get impressed.

"Man, you really are a jackass." I frowned in irritation. "Now stop avoiding my questions and tell me why am I here? I don't see any reasons."

"I was going to tell you but you kept interrupting me." He said with a straight face, as a rock appeared in his hand out of nowhere. Soon he threw it into the water, creating a large ripple, disturbing the peace and beauty.

"..." I fell silent, lost for words to counter his bizarre argument.

"Anyway, you are here because I wanted you to learn something." Ilec words were tranquil, face even soother.

"Truth?" I mumbled in confusion. "Didn't you reveal everything about this world?"

Boom!

The cavern shook violently as I failed to maintain balance and fell to my knees.

"What the hell was that?" I asked, raising my voice. 

"I don't think they should be this early. Do they?" Ilec smirked, moving away from the water and making his way into the middle, me trailing behind.

"Who are they?" I asked, hoping to get some definitive answer.

"One of my many friends, who is madly in love with me." 

"What?" I gawked at him with wide eyes and in return, I got nothing but a monster rubbing his nose with a hasty smile plastered on his face.

Boom! Crack!

I heard the ceiling crack as the cave shook again, this time more aggressively. But I maintained my balance.

"It's not good, is it?" I asked again frantically looking around.

"Nope. It's not that bad." Ilec smiled, faking ignorance but his worried face gave away everything.

"But not that good either way." I pitched in clearing my doubts.

"Exactly!" He snapped his fingers with an unbelievable wink and suddenly the dread within me rose as my heart beat loudly.

'This is bad…' 

Crash!

I couldn't even complete my thoughts as something big collided with the upper layer of the grotto shaking everything. The glowing stones fell on the floors scattering the broken pieces everywhere.

"Ilec!" I shouted, tilting my head to find him lost in thoughts once again. "What the hell is going on?"

He instantly looked at me, dead in the eyes. His red eyes shimmered and I gulped down a mouthful of saliva taking a few steps back. 

"What?" I mumbled nervously.

"We don't have much time." His tone went heavier as his demeanor stayed the same. "Listen, Tim Walker, it may be our last meeting, but it is not the end."

"What are you talking about?" I questioned, unable to comprehend the meaning behind his words.

"Your days are numbered, so live the life you remember. Fight to be the best and the strongest. Do anything and everything to protect your loved ones because they are the only thing worth dying for."

A faint yet broken smile appeared on Ilec's face as he stared at the disappearing light of the grits. 

"I lost my loved ones long ago. For what, just to chase after an unreal dream." He chuckled, placing a hand on my shoulder, and lowering his head to match my gaze. "Aren't we the same…"

"..." I opened and closed my lips many times, but no words came out. I kept staring at his eyes, losing myself in them.

How did we come to this? Wasn't I going to unsheathe the blade? What about the new chapter of my life?

I had a million questions to ask but he was talking about going away. Why? How?

Was it all just a lie?

"Don't be like me. Don't repeat your past mistakes. Don't waste this life. Live it, kick it, fuck it. Because this is all you have." He let out a ceaseless smile, touching my chest. "There is no second chance anymore. This is it."

"Is this all a lie?"

"Maybe yes, maybe no!" Ilec winked and I felt a tingling sensation over my chest which was soon replaced with unimaginable pain.

I kept looking at his beaming face which glistened with hope and life, unable to assess what was going on with me.

My body burned, I spat out blood, my eyes darkened and in the next moment, I was on the floor gasping for air. It was so hard to breathe that I thought I was going to die, but survived.

After a minute of panting and begging, I regained my composure and lifted my head to look at Ilec who now watched the tremoring ceiling.

“I guess it's over!”

Boom!

Thanks for Reading.

 

3