CH11: Fallen
293 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I felt it when Rias placed the knight piece in Tsukune’s chest. Even weakened from my attacks, I felt his power change again. With the dark power of a devil mixing with his holy power balanced out with qi, he grew stronger again. Compared to his power before, it wasn’t even comparable. Maybe I should have killed him; that would have been better for me. But I had a way forward through training, and my potential hadn’t reached its end. There were still mountains to climb and seas to explore. Losing my humanity wouldn’t help me in the long run.

 

After all, humans could be just as opportunistic as devils.

 

The fallen hadn’t taken my attack well. Blood pooled on the ground, and their lights were fading. Even if their power was tainted, they still had access to holy magic. That was something I wanted, and I knew how to get it. But, really, I had only weakened them to make capture easier. Taming was easier when the target had lower HP. Honestly, I wish I had some pokéballs to help me.

 

Some of their guts were a little twisted, so I had to unwind them and place them nearer to their bodies. It was a testament to how tough the fallen were that the four were still alive. I placed a hand on the blond with twin pigtails and forced my qi inside her. The unconscious mind had no defense against the taming process though there were some hiccups. Taming a fallen was significantly more difficult than a hundred rats. Even knocked out, I had to disintegrate several more of my tamed creatures to facilitate the fallen girl’s taming.

 

Oversoul: Apprentice 59%

 

My power took hold of her, and the fallen’s guts slid back inside her body. A property of my qi was to improve life. Those tamed by me could heal from even the most grievous wounds. The bond solidified, and my qi merged with her light energy and spread through her body.

 

All at once, a tiny fraction of the qi I had invested into numerous creatures across the campus returned to me. It wasn’t enough to matter much, but after I added the other three fallen, that would change. I repeated my taming with the other three fallen, losing all but a few crows, bugs, and rodents. With the improvement to oversoul, the amount of passive qi I receive from tamed creatures would increase.

 

The four fallen would grow in power rapidly, and with their growth, I would gain even more qi. With their bodies mostly healed, I decided to leave them where they fell. Oni were entering the building under the headmaster’s orders. There really wasn’t much else I could do.

 

I returned to Moka, who was busy glaring daggers at the devils who had stripped to cuddle Tsukune. The blonde’s jaw seemed to be healing quickly despite the damage I had done to it. Sex must heal devils, or maybe it has something to do with sin or the number of people watching. Honestly, I didn’t know, but I filed it away as a useful tidbit for later.

 

The redhead decided to open her mouth as well. “You could join my peerage as well. I know you’re strong, but being a devil will make you even stronger.” 

 

She faced me with her tits hanging out, exposing soft pink areolas slow rising nipples. A tuft of red hair hid her bush, answering once and for all that the carpet matched the drapes. Her hourglass body was disarming, especially when she moved her thighs, flashing a little hidden pink. She really was a devil; being near her filled me with all sorts of desires. Visions filled my head of me taking the woman to my dorm and plowing her all day. They were apparently a package set.

 

My eyes found the cat girl and the black-haired girl with the sadistic grin. She winked at me.

 

I snorted. “Maybe in the short term, but I’m no one’s servant. You failed to convince me this is anything but a blatant power grab on your part. So goodbye and take my brother with you; I don’t want to see him again.”

 

“As if any man I approved of would lower themselves like that. When you knew he was mine, you should have known that Arakan was beyond your reach.” Moka said.

 

“I see perhaps the one without a sacred gear was the stronger of the two brothers when you were both humans. As a devil, I can already tell Tsukune surpasses you. He has a powerful sacred gear and the body of a devil to bring out its power. What do you have?” The redhead asked.

 

I scoffed and turned my back on her. “Freedom, it’s apparently in short supply in this world.”

 

The fallen woke, and I could feel my qi levels increase as they assessed the situation before escaping through a side door. I sent a desire to train and grow stronger through our connection. The command was little more than a whisper, but it would pay off. My qi would assist them in any way it could. If they grew stronger, the amount of qi I received from them would also grow. So far, I have received enough qi a day from them to refill my current reserves a few times. After that, they would be much hungrier while my qi made its changes in their bodies.

 

When my qi went into a spider, they acted like ants, quickly building colonies and producing offspring rapidly. Those offspring were connected to me but far weaker than their sire. I sacrificed many to keep myself going. The spider queens around the school would produce more if they had enough food. In time my horde of tamed creatures would rebuild. They didn’t need to eat as often unless they needed to reproduce, and most hunted other colonies or other insects. My crows ate from my garden or were eaten by my garden. This ecosystem ensured the strong survived, and my qi moved to the most powerful beings. They reproduced, and the process continued until I needed them for other purposes.

 

“I don’t know any of your names,” I said.

 

“The redhead is Rias Gremory, and do the others matter, we might never see them again,” Moka said.

 

“No, they seem fairly weak; the small one is tough but a little slow, and the black-haired one telegraphs her attacks. The blond at least managed to block a strike, and he was fast but too weak to take a hit.”  I said.  

 

“I would ask you not to insult my peerage,” Rias said.

 

“You also have a telegraphing problem, and your attacks are too slow. Honestly, why are you here instead of in a field ironing out that weakness? Does your attack have a limit of how many casts you can use per day?” 

 

“You can’t treat our king like that. She’s doing the best she can under the circumstances. And you’re one to talk your sword technique is pathetic.”

 

“I only added one to my arsenal a few weeks ago. So this was my first time really using it. What’s your excuse?” I turned to Rias. “Was your training field taken by a rival peerage or something?” I asked.

 

“No, I have a marriage contract to someone despicable, and I was supposed to have 5 years, but the timetable was moved up. So now I can’t get out of it unless I defeat my fiancé in a rating game.” I raised an eyebrow. “A battle royale between two peerages. If I lose, I’m not worried about myself, but my husband will have the right to do terrible things to my peerage.”

 

 “Ok, so you thought it would be easier to bolster your ranks with powerful members. Why don’t you find some dying navy seals and turn them into devils? Filling your ranks with trained special forces soldiers couldn’t hurt your chances of winning.” I said.

 

Rias blinked. “But that would ruin the high school aesthetic.”

 

I grinned. “Well, I’m leaving my brother in great hands, and who knows, your husband might secretly be gay. Then the girls in your peerage won’t have anything to worry about.”

 

The blond gave me a horrified look. “Don’t even joke about that.”

 

“Rias, I like the way he thinks. Screw the aesthetic. Let's get some soldiers and mess Rizer’s peerage up. We can get long-range snipers and heavy artillery specialists, and some might have sacred gears. We already have the secret weapon. We just need numbers now.” The black-haired girl said. “We can still dress them up in Kuoh uniforms.”

 

“Akeno, I think that will work; we can also fudge their numbers on their ages. So a few years up or down won’t matter.”

 

Akeno’s boobs were just as impressive as Rias', and the little white-haired girl had none. That was normal petite girls were often times flat. She had that sort of build. Tsukune opened a blurry eye and looked up at me with a mix of fear and hate.

 

I smiled even as the others tensed. “This is goodbye,” I said and turned around.

 

New Quest: Stop Tsukune’s Rampage

Reward: 5 Gotcha

Bonus: Tame The Fallen +1 Gotcha

Bonus: Defeat Peerage +1 Gotcha

Bonus: Kill Tsukune and Strip them Of His Sacred Gear. Failed

Failure: The loss of many lives, possibly your own.

 

I had more Gotcha chanced than ever before. All we had to do was find a club, and we would be golden. The last thing I wanted to do was be responsible for fixing the damage to the school.

 

Moka put her rosary back on, and we made our way through the clubs to find almost all of them had max numbers. Unfortunately, as we made our way through, not one was open, at least to both of us.

 

“Hey, I know we should try the newspaper club. It’s sponsored by our homeroom sensei.”

 

We made our way over only to be stopped by a student wearing a trench coat. “Hey, have you ever wanted a boost in power?” He held up a bottle of red pills. “One of these, and you could grow stronger than even your monster species allows. So just for today, you can have a free sample.”

 

I smashed a hole in the wall beside the monster, and he flinched away. “Get out of my sight; if I see you peddling drugs again, I’ll do that to your face.”

 

“For a second, I thought you would take one. Unfortunately, your back is slow to heal. Does it hurt?” The drug peddler said.

 

“The nerves were burned away,” I said as I felt a piece of burnt skin peel off my back after being replaced with new skin. I would feel it all in a few hours. Students all around stared at us while I walked across campus.

 

Our teacher let us sign up, so we joined the newspaper club.

 

Quest: Find A club by the end of the day

Reward: 1 Gotcha

 

Dear readers this is Ultimatedaywriter and I'm here to maximize your reading experience and help you get your fair share from this story. On my Patreon you'll fine chapters up to 24 and the first one is a dollar. Next Chapters
Expect more chapters at least 1 monday and friday.

7