1: Awakening
185 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been a long time, Noah fixed his hair and stared at the magical crystal ball that was placed on the table. 

 

Noah is not a native of this world, in his past life he was a man who never liked to socialize with others. So he lived alone and died alone but didn’t expect to pass into another world. 

 

Noah looked at the magical crystal ball carefully, because the teacher said that this ball will reveal the abilities that are hidden in everyone’s body. 

 

In this world not only technology rises, but strange practices between tribes and cults, which are nourished by abilities that are said to be hidden in everyone. 

 

This ability will only reveal itself when you meet its two requirements, that is if an individual reaches the age of eighteen and secondly, a magical crystal ball whose source was unknown. 

 

Noah observed as the teacher spoke the students’ names one by one, it was not until a minute passed that his name was called and he slowly walked towards the magical crystal ball. 

 

As he was standing, the teacher on the side is giving instructions on where to put his hands and to use his imagination to wake up his hidden ability. 

 

To be honest, when Noah first learned that there are abilities in this world. He thought of it as a joke but now he was here, this is the moment that will decide his future life.

 

Noah put his hands on top of the magical crystal ball and could feel some warm energy from the ball, he slowly guide that warm energy to his body and waited patiently. 

 

Twenty seconds passed, and all his classmates were staring at him. The teacher looked at his cellphone and glanced at him. 

 

Finally, Noah pulled his hand back from the magical crystal ball and walked back to his seat. Along the way, some students cast pity eyes on him. 

 

The teacher continued his routine of speaking the student’s name and the chatters of students were heard by Noah. 

 

“That student failed to activate his ability!” 

 

“Yeah, what a pity.” 

 

“Life is hard to those who don’t have an ability, alas!” 

 

… 

 

There is a line between mankind here, the awakened ones who have abilities, and the unawakened ones who don’t have abilities. 

 

It seemed that everyone thought that Noah fell into that latter, but looking at Noah’s face, it’s too calm.

 

And that is because Noah’s case is different, and at this moment Noah was looking at the holographic screen that appeared in front of him. 

 

[ Name: Noah 

  Race: Human

  Points: 0 

  Rule 1: When someone asks your name, they will die. ] 

 

This holographic screen appeared earlier and it has very simple content, apart from the bizarre rule. Noah touched his adam’s apple and instantly knew that this is a system. 

 

And the rules were written there seemed to be his ability, Noah glance around and learned that others can’t see the holographic screen except him. 

 

As for his ability or rule, it could only be said to be weird. Noah smiled, thinking about it for a moment, didn’t this rule suitable for him who likes to be alone? 

 

“Listen, everyone! Now that all of you have been tested, I wish everyone a happy success!” The loud voice of the teacher pulled Noah to the present, and after that, the sound of cheers erupted from the students. 

 

Almost everyone cheered except Noah, then one by one everyone walked out of the classroom with hopeful eyes for their future life. 

 

Noah took his bag and walked out of the classroom, this time he planned to investigate his system as this was his only way of living in this unknown world. 

 

Since there are abilities then there would be likely terrifying monsters, Noah guessed since until now he didn’t see any monsters nor did the school talk about the dangers of this world. 

 

But he felt that there should be a monster, like those in the novels that he read in his previous life. While walking on his way home, Noah asked the system how to gain points.

 

[ The host can get points by completing a mission! ] 

 

“Where would I get a mission?” Noah replied through his mind and the system replied.

 

[ The mission will be available when the host sleeps! ] 

Noah slowly nodded, he had an urge to try but before that, he needed to get on his home first. After a few turns in the roads, a simple house appeared and Noah took out the keys and entered the house. 

 

This house has been left to him when his parents passed away, Noah smiled bitterly because in his previous life he was an orphan, now even in this new life he still had no parents. 

 

After a few hours, night slowly come and Noah prepared the bed and closed his eyes. 

 

[ A mission is available, whether to activate? Yes or No? ] 

 

“Yes.” 

 

[ The mission is being loaded, please wait a few seconds. ] 

 

[ The mission is successfully loaded, good luck host! ] 

 

… 

 

When Noah opened his eyes, he found himself in a different place. He stood up and scanned his surroundings. It seemed that missions would take me to a different place. 

 

Is this a dream or was I teleported here by the system? Noah thought to himself, the place he was in was a basement and there are a lot of rusted swords laying on the floors. 

 

Then the familiar holographic screen appeared again. 

 

[ Main Task: Investigate the truth of the disappearance of young children. 

  Rewards: 100 points ] 

 

Noah read the contents and understood the mission, he glance at the stairs and went to the living room. 

 

After arriving at the living room, Noah saw a lot of policemen that were looking around and some setting up barriers to prevent others from entering.

 

Then one of the policemen saw Noah and walked toward him, “Detective Noah, have you found any clues?” 

 

Noah looked at the policemen in front of him, then he reacted quickly and replied, “Nothing, I will walk outside first.” 

 

The policemen nodded and Noah walked out of the house, it seemed that the system already prepared a role for him which is a detective. 

 

Then the difficulty of the mission has been lowered, Noah fixed his hair and closed his eyes. He suddenly notice that he didn’t have the memories of the detective he was playing. 

 

Apart from the name, nothing else. Noah raised his head and sighed at the stars, then he walked back to the house and ask the previous policemen about the progress of the investigation. 

4