Chapter 8 – Go with a Bang! Literally
533 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wang Shu and Gustave spent the whole day in the library. Neither felt the need to interact with the other but the peaceful atmosphere allowed both to focus on their respective readings. the quiet inside was only occasionally disrupted by the sound of turning of the rustic pages or the two’s shuffling in between the shelves that would issue a surprisingly loud echo within the high walls of the library.

Since both of their attendants weren’t allowed inside, there were no interruptions as well which both appreciated very much.

Wang Shu has just finished reading a medical diary written by a mother whose child was born with the deathbell disease and died eighteen months after birth. It was heartbreaking to get a glimpse of the despair infused descriptions of her child’s gradually worsening condition. Her collapsing emotional state was easily perceived through the crooked writing and ink stains probably spilled in her paranoid attempt to record even some useless observations of the patient.

Wang Shu sighed and tried to rid himself of the heavy feeling weighing on his heart. Oliver was lucky to be able to live thus far. Life is really precious.

He was about to pick up a second diary and dive into another emotional journey when he felt some fluctuations of energy around. At first, it felt like a tiny spark of fire, minuscule and negligible. Then, the source of energy grew little by little, creating ripples that shot in all directions like crashing waves on a rocky shore.

Wang Shu’s blood began to boil, his face flushed and he began to sweat buckets. He stood up unsteadily and rounded a few shelves only to be met with an unbelievable sight.

Gustave was sat crossed legged in front of him, a conspicuous book still open on his lap. His eyes were closed and on his forehead shone a golden seal with unreadable symbols. The strong energy seems to be rolling off of him and shaking anything it comes in contact with.

Wang Shu staggered back a few steps, the magical energy that seeped through his pores shook his core painfully. The sickly kid cursed at the sweet taste of blood that invaded his taste buds. It didn’t take long before he crumbled to the ground, curling up on himself and whimpering softly.

Gustave’s eyelids trembled ever so slightly at the sound of Oliver’s faint cries of pain. He seems to perceive something, so he opened his eyes a silver, his irises shining with the same gold as that of his forehead’s seal. He looked at his shaking cousin on the ground expressionlessly but made no effort to lessen his suffering.

His feelings of hatred and spite were heightened, remembering the desolate future of his people caused by this same feeble, tiny human. He could kill him right this instant with but a mere wave of his hand.

Gustave's eyes shone brighter and the one he was looking at felt the bloodthirst directed at him. The killing intent was so intense that Wang Shu knew he was done for. His eyes watered, whether be it from agony or despair he wasn’t sure. He choked on a sob feeling really defeated at his fate. The genius disciple of Wudang Sect, the heaven-defying existence of the Azure cloud continent would die at the hands of a fifteen-year-old kid. How shameful…

He could almost envision his master’s disappointed gaze. Was he always meant to die a meaningless death, alone and hated? This seems to have become a pattern. What a fucking disgrace it was to die again only the second day after his rebirth! It’s like he was being mocked!

Wang Shu's anger rose at that. his fate is no one but his, why must he submit to death? Even if he dies, he’ll burn the world with him!

His bloodshot eyes opened abruptly, their coldness would make one’s skin crawl. That shilling gaze only promises destruction and demise. If there’s no place for him in this world, then he would bring down his offender with him.

 His magical core’s surface started cracking in a web-like fashion until it exploded shattering with it all of his magical channels. His self-detonation created shockwaves all around him, crackling with the might of his meager magical force which when collided with the venom of his deathbell disease increased the level of power emanating out of him.  

Blood started spilling out of his mouth, but Wang Shu remained unfazed. He channeled all of the clashing energy within his body towards Gustave who finally had a moment of clarity and widened his eyes in shock.

Without a second thought, Gustave borrowed the seal’s power to shield himself right before the huge explosion took place.  

Though most of the impact was contained because of the special quality of the libraries double doors made of the protector tree of Ete which successfully managed to limit the explosion’s power output, its consequent blast wave set off a tremor within the estate, taking its inhabitants by surprise.

Everyone in the capital felt the ripples that shot out of a certain place making everyone quiet down in an instant, their eyes set in the direction of the Elderidge’s lands.

19