00: The event that gave rise to the change
104 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Eh? what the hell are you talking about? That cannot be! I'm not going to accept that crap!"

"I'm sorry, Seng, but there's no doubt about it, she's the Chosen One and not you, because the last Sacred Design dictates that him, her must be a woman."

"A woman ..." stammered the young man lost in despair and frustration.

———————————————————————————————————

A silver-eyed girl who wore her hair covered by a piece of white cloth that had several spots of dirt loaded with a basket full of flowers like the brown-haired lady next to her. His face showed the weariness of the inclement sun that had haunted her for more than two hours on the road.

"Why cannot I take this mother off?" she asked vainly waving his hand in front of his face. "The winter ended half a month ago and I'll die if I'm still covered by this makeshift hat."

His mother looked at him compassionately, caressed his daughter's cheek and responded with a shake of the head.

"Let that make you look pretty." She invented an excuse. "When you dye your hair again you can get rid of it."

The poor girl snorted resignedly to obey, after all her hair color attracted too much attention and made her easy target for slave traders because it was so exotic. Since she had the memory every time they moved to the nearby city, they always traveled after painting her hair, so much so that sometimes the chestnut color seemed more natural around his face. But the last time they were short of money and it was impossible to buy the dye.

"Come on, my pretty naughty girl smiles a little," said her mother, "as soon as we get to Pozde and sell the flowers to Aina, we'll meet with your brother."

"Yes mother!" She exclaimed smiling happily. More than half a year ago, his older brother had left home busy trying to fulfill his dream of becoming an archaeologist. And last week they had received a letter from this adviser that finally found something of value and for business matters would be visiting Pozde and wished to see them and their father to celebrate.

"Too bad that daddy did not arrive from the fishing trip on time, he sure is surprised to not be received when he returns," he said mockingly.

When they arrived in the city, the poor girl was already half dead because of the condemned heatstroke that almost gave her. They went through the guard post that immediately recognized Mrs. Syria and her daughter with a simple greeting they were allowed to enter. Once inside, the first thing that Airys did was to take water that she took from the nearest well to cough because he had drowned a little.

"Do not be like that," Syria complained, "are you so tired?"

"Yes! A lot!!" she shouted "I do not want to walk half the city to go with Aunt Aina, I better go with my little brother already."

The pot of her daughter caused a small laugh to Syria for the convenience that was for her, however, to observe the face of that shrill girl while saying "Yes," smiling to sweeten her had no choice so she took the basket of her daughter and immediately heard her celebrate and jump.

"Thanks Mommy." She hugged her strong and then left as quickly as she could in the streets.

"Why should I spoil your daughter so much? Celeana” murmured melancholy Syria.

———————————————————————————————————

Contrary to what she had said she would do, Airys ran to a completely different area from where his brother should wait. She marveled from a distance to see how people entered and left a building with a sign on which they had hung a sword, a bow, a spyglass and a book of the most beautiful product of the most skilled artisans of the city. She wanted to go in, but if she did it, the most likely thing is that someone had a loose mouth and will tell the famous mother of her that her beloved daughter Airys was trying to register at the Petition Center. She let out a sigh and reluctantly held back her tears and walked to a place that would somehow help him avoid that feeling of emptiness.

After walking for a while she could see her destiny and enjoy the beautiful swords and armors made by the blacksmiths who lived nearby, happy she told herself that even if her mother did not let her be an adventuress one day she would stop living at home and, therefore, an opportunity to live his dream. So why not see and be aware of the necessary equipment and prices? Maybe even if she saved what she needed, she would buy some and practice at home.

"If I cannot have a sword or a spear, I would definitely buy an armor, the protection never comes as much, according to Daddy."

She walked through the streets in love with the designs, went into several stores and tried several armor to then leave without paying even a tiny dagger. Losing more and more in his thoughts of that great imaginary day in which she would go from place to place, defeating bandits, appeasing cute beasts so that they do not kill some fool who enters their territories and, especially, being recognized by the world as a strong and reliable girl. So much so that she deviated from the stores with those thoughts in mind and was moving to the other districts.

When he realized that she had moved far away from the place where his brother was waiting, she worried for a moment, but only one since it would not be a problem to convince his brother to support her words that she arrived a long time ago. She contemplated and smelled the roses that were for sale and suddenly realized that if she was near shops that sell roses, it was more likely that her mother was there. She turned terrified and glimpsed Aina giving the money for the sale to her mother a few meters away from her.

Nervously tried not to look and walk naturally to move away immediately. Trembling, she felt that her plan was working thanks to the gifts invented by her imagination that she possessed of stealth, to her surprise her mother did not hit her head furiously already, what’s make her turned her neck and heard something that made her angry.

"Tall thieves!" his mother shouted. Airys saw firsthand the two subjects pass by and moved for two reasons to pursue that persecution. “Give back my mother's money! It's to buy my armor!”

"Airys?!" Syria was exalted detailing her silhouette delayed.

The bandits rejoicing in the booty they had hurriedly skirted the streets, however, noticed that someone was following them. Airys with a grimace of emotion felt realized not to lose speed against them and ignored that half a minute left the populated areas.

"I got them!" she affirmed seeing them cornered in an alley where there was only an elderly man taking a nap on a makeshift wooden bench next to a tree near her.

The consequent laughter of the thieves took him by surprise when he revealed the knives they carried.

"Girl, leave us alone or we cut your throat here."

"Hey hey," said the other fellow bandit "if it's nice we could sell it to the slave traders and live a month without so much theft, there are already those who seek us out."

"Shut up, you thieves!" she shouted at what the thieves raised their eyebrows and exchanged confused glances at the brat's threat. As soon as she was about to say something else one of them got fed up and threw down her knife without fear of killing her on the spot, Airys who enjoyed a considerable separation of both shrieked and barely dodged the attack by jumping to hide behind the tree.

The thieves fascinated by the beautiful blue hair released by cutting the fabric that covered it, which caused that selling it became a great idea even if the hair was not natural. Frightened Airys plucked a leaf from the tree and did the only thing that came to mind.

The blade shining in an intense golden color became a tiny fairy hair that wore leaves. The thieves laughed.

"Really? Do you do magic and that's what you do?" They mocked, pointing to the little girl in the palm of her hand.

"Piii pii pipipipi!" the tiny fairy cursed.

"Hojita," Airys approached her face and her eyes were watering from nerves. "I need you to do what we practice."

Hojita nodded, kissed Airys' forehead to calm her and quickly as a dragonfly flew around the robbers who were still laughing. After a few seconds the wind around them began to gain power and their clothes and hair stirred uncomfortably at the pair. Irritated they began to try to cut, hit or stop the petty fairy and Hojita with style proceeded to gather all the wind he could to pass them through and push them, managing to knock them to the floor and hit their faces.

"Do you think that's going to be enough?!" said one and they got up angry instead of hurt.

"No," Airys replied. "But Terry sure beat your ass."

The thieves realized that just where the tree was supposed to be a huge Treant took their place and there they understood that they had no chance.

Due to the rumble of the beating that took place the older man woke up and not believing what he saw approached the girl who laughed like a crazy.

"This is not what it seems!" she shrieked worried, fearing the worst, and saw how that old man's eyes changed to a more intense shade of brown that could be perceived in broad daylight.

This one took him by the shoulders and stupefied he asked how old he was.

"Fif ... fifteen."

"It cannot be," he placed his hand on his head taking a couple of steps back. "Those bastards actually were wrong."

———————————————————————————————————

Greetings dear reader!

I hope you enjoy the work and are interested in what will happen next. Remember that you can follow me on Facebook to get more details about the next publication date and you can also follow me and support me on Niadd and Patreon looking for VersionXV in all cases.

See ya.

0