Chapter One : Customization
128 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Well, I don't know what to say... That was f*cking lame!' Asher sighed mentally wondering whether or not there was an afterlife, because he had been in this dark wet place for some time now with nothing but his thoughts to keep him sane.

The lack of senses and inability to move slowly eroded his willpower. He tried to count as high as he could, but he soon stopped because it felt as if his sanity started to slip faster when he did.

He hadn't experienced much of life, so dying in a completely 'lame' way made him want to curse the heavens, but then decided against it because who knew if heaven actually existed?

'How could I die by falling down the stairs? No, I stumbled upwards and hit my head on the stairs. I didn't even die right, how does one die going up the stairs?'

'Okay, I'm dead. Now what? Hello? Anyone there?' Asher originally thought he'd receive no answer, so when a small speck of light appeared and expanded rapidly, a cool looking RPG screen was revealed.

[Welcome to the Kaiju Evolution System. Your memories and personality have met the requirement to bind the system to your soul. Do you wish to proceed?]

'Um, what happens if I don't bind with you?' Asher wasn't an idiot who hadn't heard about systems before in books, so he quickly acknowledged and accepted the fact that something so amazing existed.

[Individual will continue to exist until your soul dissipates.] 

'What is the Kaiju Evolution System? Will it turn me into a monster?' Asher didn't really care if he lost his humanity, but he didn't want to be discriminated against or despised simply because he was different.

[Unable to say. Please bind with the system for further information.]

'Are you a scammer? Who doesn't display what they want to sell? Okay, bind it to me then. At this point, can it get any worse? F*ck! A flag!' He instantly wanted to slap himself in atonement for raising a flag.

[System has successfully been bound to host. You have been awarded a (Newbie Pack) Please customize your appearance. You may spend points to increase your strength.]

'Newbie Pack? At least it gave me something for free.' Willing the Newbie Pack to appear, he felt his mind tremble as an strange looking box with glowing purple lines appeared silently.

'Open it.' Obeying his thoughts, the Newbie Pack glowed and then a brilliant golden light swept over Asher and if not for the fact his eyes were non-existent, he would've been blinded.

[You have received the following : x10,000 Evolutionary Crystals C), x150 Attribute Points, x1 Evolution Inducer]

[Evolutionary Crystals are formed after the death of any being by the host hands. The stronger and more difficult the enemy, the more Crystals are awarded for victory.]

[Attribute Points can be used to increased your body. There is no upper limit on how much points your can accumulate.]

[Evolution Inducer is made to instantly evolve the host without having to accumulate Evolutionary Points (EP). Can be used once. (Negates the need for Evolutionary Points to evolve.)]

'I better save the Inducer until I get strong enough so I don't waste it.' Tossing that thought to the back of his mind, he  saw a panel pop up, displaying a thirty meter tall blob with no clear form.

[Design your body.] 

'I'd go for the bipedal look, but it isn't as intimidating when you compare than to other creatures.' Touching the blob mentally, Asher made the general outline of his body, changing the dull gray color to black.

He added a long tail not that different from that of a certain Alien from a movie he watched, adding spikes on them that made it look incredibly lethal.

Thinking one wasn't enough, he added two more, so he had three bladed spiked tails in the design. He got to work on his claws and feet, only stopping when he felt satisfied.

It the end, his claws didn't resemble anything from Earth, but became more like a monster out of someone's nightmares. He added a pair of batlike wings that could be flattened against his body when not in use to avoid being in the way.

Designing the head was a chore, as he didn't want to look ugly and instead went for a menacing look. A triangular head with horns extending to the skies with four pairs of eyes.

[Appearance confirmed. Either select an ability or spin for one.]

A list appeared, showing the basic elements like air, water, earth, and fire along with others. Asher knew that it was a risk to use the spin because what would happen if he got a crappy element?

'Here goes nothing. System? Spin.' At his command, the wheel spun and his anxiety hit the peak. He would have crossed his fingers and prayed if he had a physical body.

The wheel slowed to a stop and his soul nearly collapsed. It had landed on Sand. He wanted to cry, but had no tears to shed but just as he was about to despair, the wheel which had all but stopped left the Sand option and landed on Time.

[Congratulaions to host for receiving Time as a special ability. All preparations have been made, awakening host.]

'What-' Asher felt something for the first time in a while, and a sense of happiness spread throughout his being because he was alive once again. His eyes opened and immediately noticed the deep blue expanse he was in.

'Seems like I'm in an ocean? Wait, is this still Earth or some other planet?' The system chimed and basic information, what the system deemed basic filled his head and he couldn't help but want to gasp in shock.

'So there are an infinite amount of dimensions and within them are an endless amount of worlds? Isn't that scale simply too big?' The planet he now resided on was nearly twenty times that of Earth, something that made his mind sluggish.

0