Fingers of sand
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

And the mission began. First a group of five people led by Arthur, Ari and a soldier who was good at concealing magic who would stay on the ship made a concealing spell on them and jumped down from the ship and scattered. They scattered around because they didn't want to focus too many foreign assets on a single point. The soldier who was better at concealing magic was going to hide Ari, who was about to use a serious spell.

First, Arthur was turned into sand. When Ari made sure that all the sand had entered, she returned him to his former form. Arthur was expected to give a sign that it was clear to enter. Ari had turned Arthur into his old self with a handful of sand, if he drew a plus sign in the palm of his hand with the other hand, Ari would feel it and the other soldiers would enter. Ari was sure that she had completely reinstated Arthur, except for the inside of his left palm, his limbs could not be incorrectly joined she had done a lot of work with her father on transforming living beings before, she had not yet worked on a person, but she didn't feel that she was doing wrong, the feeling that the sand gave her felt right. If this tense wait had lasted a little longer, the plan would have been in great trouble, but thank God, Arthur gave the expected signal.

After that, Ari began to convert the remaining four members into sand. Arthur kept putting dots around the plus sign, which meant the environment was still clean, every time he stopped putting dots, Ari would stop sending sand in. When reinstating the soldiers, Ari began with their hands, so that they could hide themselves back as quickly as possible.

After she managed to infiltrate all soldiers, she drew an arrow mark on a plate of sand that she gave to Torck inside the ship. This meant that a new group could come. Ari got the other three groups in like that. The But gradually she began to lose herself, she was unable to fully concentrate. It was a very difficult task to transform a living being into an element. It would take a very long time and effort to turn even the simplest organism into sand. And Ari turned 20 warlocks into sand first, and then put each sand particle back in the right place and put it in its old shape. If Torck had told her that her mission was over, she would have collapsed where she was sitting. But an interesting force inside her was preventing her from collapsing, as if she gained a force that she had not even known existed before.

Torck told the team that if this mission was successful, the war between two worlds would come to an end, which means that there would be a serious difference between the powers. That meant that no child of warlock's blood will be separated from their mother, no child would think about whether her mother was dead or alive, no one would not wake up screaming from their sleep, dreaming about the cruel tortures that their mother received.

Ari recovered her mind and forced her remaining strength to draw the fourth arrow in the sand on the plate. A slight smile appeared on her face. She remembered trying to put a small dot on a pile of sand in the distance for months, when she was just six years old. And now, kneeling in front of a huge base in the Upper world, she was leaking every member of the intimidating Hammer Team. She looked towards the part where the atmospheres of the two worlds met and was filled with pride, yes, her efforts over the years had paid off. For the first time, Ari was pleased with the power she had. And the first member of the fifth group to break in had arrived. Not only Ari, but also the soldier who was doing the cocealing spell was starting to fall from power. He had to keep a spell that he was not very adept at balanced for a very long time, and unlike Ari, his job would not end after that, he would constantly check the spell on the ship, feed it, and carry Ari back to the ship.

Ari didn't want to make his job any more difficult either, it had taken her long enough, and now she had to finish it quickly. Then the second, third and fourth soldiers were brought across safely. The last person was Torck. Before Ari began to transform him too, Torck put his hand on her shoulder, looked intently into her eyes, smiled proudly and sincerely, and nodded in approval. Torck's smiling face, gradually turning into sand, disappeared from Ari's view. Ari closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and concentrated all the bond left between her and her sand into Arthur's palm. A thumbprint appeared on the sand, this was Torck's thumbprint. Ari had gotten to know everyone down to the smallest details when she was getting them back into shape. Her smile, which was already on her face, grew bigger and bigger, and she turned Arthur's palm back to its former state and collapsed where it was. The infiltration operation, the first step of the mission, had been 100% successful.

Torck pulled his thumb out of Arthur's palm and watched as the sand turned back to a palm. Ari is a talented and smart girl, Torck had seen how exhausted she was before turning him into sand, she could have collapsed and fainted on the spot. But even after everyone got inside safely, she had not forgotten the little sand left in Arthur's hands. He once again understood that he had chosen the best tactic to infiltrate.

Arthur had placed every group that came in at different points in order not to concentrate too many foreign assets in one area until Torck arrived. No one was cut off from the group. Everyone was going to move in the same direction, but in a slightly disorganized way. Torck didn't want to use any spells to communicate. Each group has elected a messenger, and these men walked alone at a distance that would not lose sight of both their group and the group ahead.

The first group was the group with the superior exploration skills, they were checking whether the path was clear or not, a warlock named Aarit had the command, who was also the navigator of the ship. The second group was under the command of Torck, it consisted of men who were skilled in identifying a particular object. After Torck entered, he told each member of his group what the object they were looking for looked like, this group was completely focused on finding the object. The third group was responsible for containing the unity of the whole team, and was the support force in a possible situation, consisting of members with powerful attacks. The task of the fourth group was quite like the third, only Marvic, who was an expert in making bombs was in this group. Marvic had taken the command of this group over, which Ari would normally lead. The fifth group at the rear was under Arthur's command, they were watching the back.

There was at least one warlock in each group who could finish the job quietly but effectively, but this rate was bigger in the group that was watching the back. The fifth group was responsible for maintaining the secrecy. Although this walking pattern continued for a very long time, thanks to the information coming from ahead or behind, they will be more alarmed, which will increase their chances of remaining hidden until they find the object. Being unnoticed before leaving the building was the touchstone of this mission every formation was taking shape around this purpose. This row, which looked like a caravan of warlocks, had been walking for a long time without disturbing its formation. They had bypassed a lot of guards and officials with good teamwork. But this building was too big, there were too many places to hide the object. But of course, it couldn't have been in just any place because the object they were looking for was a very serious force.

Marvic had previously described to Aarit the places where it would be convenient to place bombs, and Aarit chose those roads as much as possible. But now he had to find the place where the object could be hidden as soon as possible, it was not in their benefit to stay inside the building for so long. He didn't think it was a place that was too protected by the guards, it would be revealing the existence of such an object, but it certainly couldn't be a place where everyone could get. Most likely, many sorcerers who were working here were unaware of the existence of this object.

Aarit was looking for a room with an encrypted door, a card with magic installed in it, or a room that detects direct magic, it must be a room that only certain personnel can enter. He did not think that there would be a place near the main entrance, so he led the whole team inside the building. It wouldn't be on the ground floor either. It had to be either on the highest floors or on the lowest floors. He wondered if it would be wiser to split the group in half and have one part control the upstairs and one part control the basements? But no, he remembered Torck telling him not to separate unless they had to, if Torck thought they were spending unnecessary time inside, he would order the team to split up himself. Aarit decided to take his chance from the higher floors and began to lead the team from the cleanest paths to the highest place of the building. Meanwhile, Torck and his men were carefully examining every path they went, checking for any trace of the object.

0