Chapter 3- A Prisoner With no Name
157 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Somewhere deep underground, in a room of darkness, kept both from light and out of reach of another was a creature. Humanoid in appearance, with secondary arms appearing from its back, just below the shoulders. Walking the room, it passed what was a generously comfortable bed with plenty of pillows. Next to it, behind some sort of flimsy wall was a toilet which, though old, was clean and worked most of the time. Running one of her hands across the wall, she felt the cold metal plated walls under her fingertips. About half way across her room she used one of her secondary arms to feel the wall. The three, thick, clawed fingers dragged across the wall like stone scraping on metal, though she knew that there would be no damage.

A ninety degree turn and slight change in sound led her to what was a heavily reinforced door that she had no hope in opening. On an otherwise empty wall, she continued her walk. Another turn for the corner, and she arrived at another surface. When the lights were on, she knew this one to be see through. It allowed her to see her captors, and for them to see her. Pausing, she looked out through the surface, but all was dark. Pushing her hands and face against the glass like surface, she saw nothing but an empty hall. Or so it first appeared. Standing for what felt like hours on end, she spotted movement. With her eyes quickly darting towards it, she saw the outline of one of the humans.

It was carrying something. A small bundle, smaller than a human spawn, not that they were allowed anywhere near her. Noticing her gaze, the human stepped forwards. Remaining still, she watched as the human drew near. A dim light turned on in both rooms and finally she saw the human. Was it young, or old? She wasn’t sure how to tell the age of humans despite knowing of them for so long. It had short brown hair and round glasses with a clean face.

 

“Are you interested in her?” The human asked.

“…” Remaining silent, her head ticked to the side and she looked at the small creature in the human’s arms.

 

What was that thing? She wondered. It had short black hair that the human stroked. As it did so, the creature let out an odd rumbling from its throat or chest. It was curled up and had a thin tail hanging from its back side. As she was wondering this, what appeared to be its head suddenly lifted up. Though startled, she didn't move, her eyes firmly kept on the creature. The creature looked up and its tail swayed. Imitating it, she moved her own tail much like the creature. Though unlike the creature, her tail consisted of a series of hard plates that covered soft flesh. Not only that, but it ended in a point not too dissimilar to a spear tip.

The creature looked up at the human and let out a strange sound. A “meow” if she heard it right. Using one of her claws, she tapped on the glass-like surface. The creature finally took notice of her and turned her way. Its big amber eyes had a vertical slit in them unlike her own and the two triangle like structures on its head could have been one of two things. They could be antennae like the feather-like ones on her own head which extended to either side. Or they could be ears like the humans had. She, though not having ears, had her antenna that did something similar to that.

Tapping again, she wondered what that creature was. Moving one of her human-like hands across the see through surface, she drew closer to it. Or at least as close as she could get with this physical barrier between them. Suddenly the creature made another sound, a sharp hostile sound. Acting on instinct, her tail reached from around her shoulder and stabbed at the creature. Stopping before it could even go through an inch, cracks spread across the surface. Panicking, the human rapidly withdrew and hit some sort of button on the wall. Knowing what was to come, she felt the familiar weight of the metal collar around her neck. Before she could protest, powerful electric shocks rocked her body.

This wasn't a constant stream of electricity but several pulses. The muscles in her body rapidly tensed and relaxed multiple times before she even hit the floor. Her screams, if you could call them that, were what little air she had in her lungs escaping before she could finish breathing. Though she knew it was no use, she attempted to reach for the collar but she could never make it far. Her arms, legs, and tail included flailing wildly as her body shook uncontrollably.

After what felt to be an eternity, though in reality it was only a few seconds, her body twitched. Remaining still caused pain, but moving caused even more pain. She tried to at least sit up, but her arms were unable to support her. She fell to the floor, cramps spreading throughout her body. Her breathing was heavy, but between breaths, she was sure she heard the alarm. They will be here soon. Though she knew it to be useless, she dragged herself across the floor and hid herself under her bed. Using her tail, she sliced through two of the legs, collapsing it and leaving only a small gap to the rest of her room. As she covered her head, she heard the footsteps of the oncoming guards.

5