Chapter 2: Become my successor
136 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yuli grabbed the nearby stripping and cracked it as she took a long piece of the pole. Noticing this the other gang members dashed towards her. Some watched in shock as a child pulled the stripping pole out of place. 

"I must make sure that I don't kill them," Yuli mumbled as she swung the pole like it was weightless.

Even though Yuli was small, the pole made up for that height. She used the pole to hit the backs of the gang members that tried to attack her. And most of them were shocked by how naturally strong she is.

"For a child, her agility is shocking and so is her strength," a man in grey robes said to the ten people sitting around him. They looked at the fight below from the top of the pub.

"Should we go handle her? I think the new recruits would want to quit before the test." a female voice laughed as a woman could be seen looking at the child.  

"No, this is good training for the new recruits. And from what I see she's a super human."

"I can also tell by her inhuman strength," another man said as he looked at Yuli. "I’d better ask the old man if this kid could be the next successor. She has got some potential," a dark skinned woman announced.

She wore a wide hat that covered her head and a white shirt and black trousers. She got up and walked upstairs to the next floor to inform the old man. 

_________________

Once Yuli realised her pole had been bent she resorted to using her fists. As her strength was limited she could only injure or knock them unconscious. She quickly dodged their attacks and even sustained a few injuries. Even though these people knew how terrifying the child was, they couldn't bear to use a gun against her. 

All of a sudden a chain appeared out of nowhere heading her way. Sensing danger Yuli quickly jumped out of the way in order to avoid the chain that was about to hit her, however, the chain only managed to scratch her left arm, causing her to hiss in pain. She gritted her teeth to see who unleashed the attack only to see an old man in a black suit heading her way with chains floating around him. 

The tall, built old man had short white hair and a pair of bright eyes with star shaped pupils. His fair face with slight wrinkles was beaming with joy as he looked at Yuli from head to toe.

“She would make do I guess,” the old man said as he walked towards Yuli who stood defiantly, ready to counter any chains that came her way.

“Child be my successor of the Hosachi Mafia,” the old man said his smile vanishing as a stern and serious expression replaced it.

He looked at Yuli, waiting for an answer. 

“And if I should refuse?” Yuli said in a mocking tone.

“Then you may not leave here with your whole body intact, or you never know what might happen to your little sister.” The old man threatened, looking at Yuli. 

His eyes glowed menacingly. 

‘He knows my sister?’ Yuli thought, tightening her fists.

“Do you think with your current power you can protect your sister can you handle the pressure of your family?” The old man asked with a serious expression on his face.

“What do you mean by family? My parents are dead!” Yuli asked, confused.

“I know everything about you child," he replied enigmatically.

"Since I've been keeping my eyes on you for a while. I know that your mother came from a very distinguished family. But they threw her out when she married your father. After he disappeared they didn't make life easy for her and didn't help her when she was gravely ill.” The old man summarized the story as he looked at Yuli waiting to see her reaction.

“They knew she was sick?!!” Yuli asked, gritting her teeth.

Her eyes grew dark.

“What is the name of my mother's family?” Yuli asked, wondering who her mother's family is. 

“Your mother came from the…” the old man paused, as he looked at Yuli who looked at him with expectancy.

“Well sorry, I can’t tell you unless you become my successor child” the old man said, smiling at Yuli.

“You bastard!” Yuli seethed as she glared at the old man.

‘This child has a strong desire against those who cast her mother away, and I can feel the clear blood lust.’ the old man thought as he saw a tonne of dark energy surrounding Yuli’s that no one else could see. 

“Master, she has an extremely strong spiritual energy. We can’t let her go,” the dark skinned woman whispered to the old man.

“What do I get for being your successor?” Yuli inquired.

“All of my assets.” the old man answered directly.

“How big are your assets?” Yuli asked wondering how much she'll earn.

“One billion dollars,” the old man answered, 

“That’s a lot for a ganh.” Yuli said surprised. 

“But too little to run a mafia. You will be the next successor of the Hosachi mafia!” The old man announced,

‘This is dangerous,’ Yuli pondered scrutinizing the old man and the people around him. ‘In movies, being in a mafia is too dangerous! I can’t risk Rose’s life.'

“Don’t worry the safety of your sister will be guaranteed and she will even be trained to protect herself” the dark skinned woman added.

“Why not give it to your children?” Yuli asked, looking at the old man suspiciously.

“They don’t have the talent you have.” the old man answered.

“What’s your name old man?” Yuli asked, as she looked at the old man.

“Yujin Park” the old man answered, his chains disappearing into thin air like they were never there, shocking Yuli.

Yuli looked an Yujin for a while before looking around and looking back at him again.

“Fine we have a deal, I'll be your successor,” Yuli agreed. ‘If I can be his successor it can solve my financial situation and I can also find the bastards who stole everything and abandoned my mother.’

 

Yujin smiled at Yuli; 'She indeed knows how to make good decisions.'

"Good, good… Hosachi Mafia, meet the new heir in training Yuli,” Yujin announced to everyone in the pub.

All of the men in the room knelt down and their hands slammed on their chest twice. 

“Greetings to the new successor of the Hosachi Mafia,” they yelled in unison as they bowed.

Yuli stood in awe. But she couldn't help but from, she may get all this power but it does not mean being a successor is a good thing, because this means she must receive harsh training if she wants to destroy her mother's family and lead this mafia. But for her father. The only thing her mother told her about her father was, 'He was the Brown Diamond. He died after Rose was born. Yuli calmly remembered the satisfied yet sad expression on her mother's face because her father couldn't just die like that. Since she was going to be the heir of this gang she would find her father. 

…………….

In a large office at the top of the club, Yujin sat behind a wide desk with several papers drinking a cup of coffee. Before him were ten people who stood there as they looked at the old man.

“Master Park I don’t understand why you chose her.” the dark skinned woman stated, “I know she has strong spiritual energy but you can find other people with spiritual energy.” 

“You don’t understand Ama, spiritual energy was not the only thing I saw in her. My eyes say there’s a power lying dormant, waiting to be awakened. And not only does she have a lot of spiritual energy but she also has demonic energy.” Master Park said with a serious face.

“Demonic energy! How's that possible? An exorcist would die if they cultivate the two energies.” Ama exclaimed in shock. 

‘Master would definitely not lie about something like this,’ a tall, fair but built man thought seriously.

“Yes, as an exorcist, we choose the type of energies we want to cultivate, whether demonic or spiritual. However, demonic energy is much better to deal with high class Hokai’s. And it’s rare to find people who can use demonic energy” the old man said, placing his empty cup and clasping his hands together. “That’s why I had to make her the leader. That child does not only hold the potential to become stronger, but also has an abnormal amount of intelligence for her age. And she even works to earn money at such a young age to pay for her and her sister's school fees. Her guardian is her aunt but she refuses to stay with her aunt but rather chooses to work for her.” Master park summarized as his glowing eyes turned dim.

‘Master was using his All Seeing Eyes,’ Peter the tall man from before thought as he straightened up his glasses, ‘asterisk all seeing eyes allows him to see a certain amount of information about the secrets of a person he sees. What a truly terrifying skill.’

“Send Yuli back home, and tomorrow her training to be the successor of the Mafia begins!” Master Park yelled.

“Yes Master Park!,” his subordinates said in unison.

……………

“Auntie, Yuli is back!” Rose yelled, looking outside of the cafe window.

She ran outside even though it was dark.

“Oh.” her aunt exclaimed, seeing Yuli walking with a tall man who wore a grey robe that covered his whole body, even his face.

“Thank you for walking me home,” Yuli said to the man in grey robes. 

She walked towards Sana who looked at her suspiciously.

“Here’s your Biney,” Yuri said, giving Rose a brown teddy bear. 

Rose’s face brightened up as she took the bear and hugged it tight to her chest.

“Thank you big sister, I love you.” Rose exclaimed as she hugged Yuli.

“What were you doing with the Hosachi Mafia?” Sana asked with a worried look on her face. 

“What do you mean?” Yuli uttered, pretending not to know what she meant. 

“Well that man had a snake symbol at the back of his robe and no one has that apart from the Hosachi Mafia!” Sana berated Yuli as she pinched Yuli's cheeks.

8