Granfather
787 7 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On a mountain peak of the Sword Origin sect stood a girl that looked around 8 years old and a handsome man. If this was a normal situation, the girl would have looked harmless, but in front of  the girl stood several large pieces of stone that seemed to be cut in half.

"The fact that you managed to cut these pieces of mid-rank spiritual in half at the Blood Refining stage means that you have reached Greater Acomplisment in the origin sword style, " said Xu Chou.

"I had reached this level half a year ago " said Xu Yue. Who did not have even a drop of sweat on her after accomplishing this task.

"I know, but polishing your foundation is never a bad thing."

"I undestand, Father."

"Today me , your mother and you Grandfather have decided that you shall enter the Trial Padoga for tampering "

Thinking of her grandfather's training, Xu Yue shuddered. Even thougth, on the surface, he looked like a harmless old man, he was someone who pursued perfection. The first time he trained her he was extremely angry at Xu Chou for not being more careful with her, training and letting her relax so much.

What was supposed to be a one-day training session turned into a 30-day ordeal. In the day, Xu Yue would train the sect's foundational movement technique for 3 hours, the basics of swordsmanship for another 3 and the Origin Sword Style for 5 hours.

She would take a medicinal bath to nourish her body, then she would spend the rest of her day with her mother. Her mother would teach her information about the 3006 regions, the other major sects. But most of the time, she would try to teach her daughter the thing she does best, which is paint. At first, Xu Yue was quite resistant to learning to paint, as she wanted to focus on swordsmanship.

Xu You took these thoughts out of her mind and began to focus on what her father was saying.

"The Sword Padoga is a treasure created by an ancestor of the sect after he became immortal."

"So there are immortals in the sect?"

"No, immortals are forced to ascend 3333 years after they become immortal as this dimension cannot bear their power. If they cause destruction, they will be forced to ascend prematurely."

"Now going back on topic, the padoga has 4 floors which are designed to temper the cultivator. To enter the Padoga, the cultivator must complete a trial. "

"Will the trial be difficult?" inquired Xu You

"For most cultivators, the trial is extremely difficult but i think you will do just fine."

"I should be able to complete it quite easily then, " asked Xu Yue as she breathed a sigh of relief.

"Yes you will, but do not be arrogant. While the trial will be quite easy for you, the padoga itself will be extremely defficult for someone of your age."

"Your grandfather will be here shortly to take you to the trial." As she heard this, Xu Yue sudDenly had a happy smile on her face.

A few moments later, an old man suddenly appeared next to them.

"Grandpa Hui," said Xu You, as soon as she saw the old man. She then ran and hugged him.

Xu Yue's grandfather, Xu Hui, was a perfectionist and stern when training her but was extremely gentle and doting when outside of training.

"Little Yue'er," said Xu Hui while picking her up.

"Grandpa Hui" said Xu You, Xu Hui immedeatly smiled when he heard that. He tried to maintain his smile. His lips twitched when he felt 2 hands tugging at his beard.

"Iv'e got a gift for you," said Xu Hui, when he felt the tugging at his beard immediately stop as he said that. He struggled to maintain his smile as his lips twitched even harder.

As he gritted his teeth, he took out a bag from his spatial ring, Xu Yue's eyes glistened when she looked at the ring, which caused Xu Hui's lips to twitch a third time, as he let out a cough.

"This is a spatial bag," said Xu Hui.

"A spatial bag is usually an inferior version of a spatial ring made for those that can't yet use qi."

"Compared to those spatial bags with a small capacity, this one has a space 2 li long, 3 li wide, and 0.4 li tall in it." as he continued to praise the bag.

"This was created from the skin of a snake that i personally killed and sent to a master refiner."

Xu Hui wanted to continue praising the bag when he saw 2 small hands take it from him. His voice stopped as his lips twitched once again. He could swear he could feel his lips aching even though this wasn't possible.

When he saw Xu Yue immediately leave his imbrace after taking the bag, he used his qi to stop his lips from twitching again and losing face.

When he turned to look at Xu Chou, who was barely holding back his laughter, an angry look appeared on his face.

"I shall personally inspect the results of your cultivation in the past 100,000 years." After hearing this,  Xu Chou's face immediately went pale as he ran off.

"Let us go to the trial," said Xu Hui.

As Xu Yue took his hand, she immediately appeared in front of a padoga with 4 giant floors. In front of the padoga stood a dozen youths led by a middle aged man. As soon as the 2 appeared, the middle-aged man and the youth bowed.

"Junior greets Grand Elder"

"What is your name?" asked Xu Hui.

"Junior is Zhan Cheng. Deacon of the Inner Sect. I was tasked with bringing some promising young disciples to the padoga," said Zhan Cheng.

"I see," said Xu Hui then he and Xu Yue appeared in a large hall.

"You will wait here for the Artifavct Spirit to begin the trial, " said Xu Hui. Who then disappeared.

A few minutes later, the dozen or so youths, now let by a a 13-year-old who was part of their group, entered the hall through a door on the left. After a few minutes of awkward silence, the boy said.

"My name is Yun Che. What's yours?"

An uninterested voice responded "Xu Yue"

Yun Che felt his lips inexplicably try to twitch.

After a few more minutes of awkward silence, an eye appeared and was looking at the youths.

27