Chapter Two : Attack
65 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What do you want?" Adam looked at the smug man, wishing he could shoot him. On Earth, he was an avid fan of novels, and here, he inherited the mind of someone who lived in a destroyed world, so he wasn't afraid to fight or to even kill.

"Give me everything you have and get lost." Adam looked at the man and then at the guard who stood silently aiming at him without an expression on the visible parts of his face.

"So Dens rob people now?" Adam hoisted his bag and emptied it out, knowing inwardly that even though he might be able to beat the guard next to him, there were more people who were also armed and trained.

"Just blame yourself for being weak and an easy target." The gray haired man swept the items into a bin and then looked at Adam. "Since you didn't want to trade, you won't get anything from this transaction."

"Fuck yo-" Adam would have leapt across the desk had the guard not acted and slammed the butt of his gun into his side, knocking him to the ground and then aiming at him expressionlessly.

"Go." The gray haired man cast Adam a look on contempt, as the latter got to his feet, wiping the spit from his mouth with an enraged expression. The guard gestured for him to leave, so he held his side and moved along.

"Don't come back again, if we see you, you're dea-" The smug man couldn't finish because the entrance exploded, sending debri and pieces of what used to be guards flying through the air.

"Automatons! Fuc-!" A guard yelled just as a bolt of energy pierced through his chest, ending his life. The other guards hid behind cover and looked at the constantly shifting dust in the air, waiting for movement.

Adam also hid, as he wasn't armed. Even if he was, he knew that automatons were built to kill, so he didn't have any confidence in taking them on even it he was armed.

The silence started to seep into everyone's hearts, making them uneasy. Just as one of the men peeked out from behind cover, an energy bolt turned his head into heated mangled flesh.

"Shit!" Adam had seen the whole thing and it took less than a few moments for the man to die from when his head left cover. Just as everyone was panicking, the dust churned and a figure appeared.

It was clad in black body armor and a helmet that covered it's entire head, holding a rifle. As soon as it appeared, energy bolts started to hit it's armor, leaving nothing, not even a mark. The automaton didn't even stagger.

Soon, figures appeared from the hole, more automatons clad in combat gear. In sync, they started to shoot the guards who were shooting at them, easily pushing them back.

"I gotta go." Adam crawled, keeping his head down low. The guards yelled from time to time, but as time passed, the guards lost more and more men. Adam made his way to the counter where he had been cheated and looked behind it.

Sure enough, no one was dumb enough to make a hideout with only one way out. Getting to his feet, he shoved the door open and looked back to check if anyone saw him.

Seeing everyone still preoccupied, Adam turned and looked around the storage area, a small place probably used to hold the daily gains until they could move them elsewhere.

"You have got to be kidding me..." Adam looked at the formerly smug gray haired man leaning against a shelf, a hand holding his side where blood seeped through slowly.

"He-help me!" The gray haired man held out a hand, his face pale as a sheet of paper. He hadn't been out there during the shootout, so Adam wasn't quite sure how he was injured.

"You took my stuff and left me to starve, why would I help you?" Walking over, Adam patted the man down and found a energy pistol on him, not that the man was in any shape to use it.

"A bit better than my own. Thanks." Adam stepped away and looked at the man coldly, resisting the urge to shoot him, not out of kindness, but because he didn't want to draw any automatons.

"Well, good luck." Adam walked to the opposite end of the room and looked at a door that looked as if it hadn't been used in forever. Just as he was about to push it open, Adam leapt away from the door.

A muffled bang rang out as the metal door flew inwards. Adam looked at the door as it flew directly into the shocked gray haired man, crushing him with a nasty squelch.

An automaton walked into the room, rifle aimed at Adam, it's helmet's sleek black design making it seem so far from human Adam gulped and went to shoot.

He couldn't pull the trigger because the automaton had already fired at him. He fell to the ground, body seizing up like he had been tased. He could only curse inwardly as his body refused to obey.

Footsteps drew near, then he heard a voice speak. "Target acquired. Assault Team fall back." Adam wasn't sure who's voice it was, but he guessed it was the automaton's because he couldn't even move.

He felt something pierce his neck, maybe a needle? His vision turned blurry and he drifted off. A pair of armored hands lifted his body and carried him out the way it came in, ignoring the smashed meat paste beneath the door.

...

One of the few surviving guards rushed into the room after the automatons retreated, only to find his boss crushed beneath a door with a dent in the middle as if something had hit it with great force.

The room was empty aside from the various shelves full of random items. A couple more guards came in and looked at the blood on the ground and proceeded to take the more valuable items from the room before fleeing.

If the automatons knew where they were, it was suicide to stay. It wouldn't be the first time automatons had deployed an Apollyon Class automaton to raze an entire base to the ground.

0