Chapter 14 (Unedited)
454 6 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I hear, “Your wish has been granted again, Eric…“ fill the room in the artifact’s voice. Instantly my body shoots up, and it feels like electricity ran through my left arm. Looking down to where the pain came from, there’s now a black band that in its center, on the top of my hand, there is now a pink crown.

Looking around, I find myself in a really plain room with its only notable feature being its largish bed and I’d say it’s around king size. Before it came to actually snooping, the door slams open. After what was a strange minute or so of waiting, Ava and Sarah come in.

Something feels off.

Something isn’t right.

When they walk closer to the bed, their mannerisms seem somewhat off, somehow strange. The pressure in the air feels like a weight on my chest and their eyes feel like they are watching prey. Then, before I can even register their behavior, I remember what we were doing before I blacked out.

My mind begins to race.

Instantly I blurted out, “What happened? Why did the artifact blow up? I thought it was supposed to be better than a butter knife!” as I frantically look between the both of them, looking for answers. Sarah stays near the foot of the bed, but Ava comes and sits next to me, all remaining silent.

When Ava turns towards me, she has the same red eyes I’ve seen when she’s staring down prey and enemies alike. My body can barely contain how scared I am.

What did I do wrong? I just followed Sarah’s instructions with the artifact. Then I realize it should have hurt, but all I have is this tattoo instead.

The artifact?

My thoughts get interrupted when Ava cups my cheek, then gives me a sickeningly sweet smile. She then runs her hand slowly up and down the side of my face. My nervousness is definitely showing in my eyes and Ava is staring into them.

The silence is broken when Ava lets go and says, “You did nothing wrong, Eric, and we are fine. We were worried about you while you were knocked out. So, can you tell us if anything is wrong?”

Worried? I don’t even remember the last time I’ve heard something even close to that. Trying to reassure her by saying, “I’m fine. Actually, I thought I was going to be more hurt, especially after all of that. Something strange did happen, though.”

A worried look appears on both of their faces and Ava blurts out, “S-strange? What do you mean? Are you hurt?” 

While holding my left arm up, I say, “No, but I noticed this appeared and I assume my artifact is gone.” 

Ava frowns and grabs my arm while looking over it. Sarah mutters, “A contract seal…” then shows me a similar band on her arm by pulling up her sleeve but with a heart instead of a crown and Ava also shows the same mark as Sarah. 

While staring daggers through me, Sarah then says in a sickening sweet tone, “It looks like whatever this demon has in store for us, we are handling together.” Not even a second later Ava laughs quietly then mutters, “Together!~” while still holding onto my arm. While trying to focus on what Sarah just said, I immediately ask “Demon? I thought it was just an artifact?”

Sarah tells me, “Most strong artifacts have souls sealed inside them for their power. Sometimes they synchronize with a host. Then, if they do, they sometimes even grant wishes if it’s within their power. Well, at least if you pay a good price.” while slowly creeping onto the bed.

Confused, I just say “But I didn’t make any wishes.” while trying to break free from Ava, but her grip on my arm feels unbreakable and like the more I struggle, the tighter it gets. While I was distracted with Ava, Sarah slithers her way to the other side of the bed, so she can grab my other hand I was using to get away from Ava with. 

Next thing I know, they are both staring me down on the bed with blood red glowing eyes. Both of them not overstepping the other, just staring down their prey while holding onto both of my arms.

Again confused, I ask “Can one of you clue me in on what’s going on?” while trying not to overstep whatever they are doing.

They both look at each other, then Sarah makes a hologram type menu similar to the thing I saw back in the prison or the front gate. 

『Name: Eric Davidson

   Inflictions: High F Malnutrition and Low S Demonic Bond Host』

Ava says, “Even if you don’t remember your wish, we are bonded together now. So let’s get along and that starts here.” while both of them get closer and closer till basically I’m sandwiched between both of them with no chance of escape.

 

 

 

 

Author's note:

Hope everyone enjoyed Chapter 14! This one came out a little later than it was supposed to. It was last night, but something happened. It is what it is. Now some of you may have noticed this now has outlines in its name and now there’s a new TATI . That doesn’t mean this one’s cancelled! I always approached this as a rough draft. That’s why this one always has (Unedited) in the chapter name.

The other one is just the edited version, so of course there will be small and even big changes version to version. This one will come out at least once a week, where the other one I have no promises on release dates. Hope all of you understand now. Have a good day or night! :D

12