Chapter 16 (Unedited)
333 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Right after Ava says that, she drags me up to the counter. As soon as we get close, the receptionist lady perks up and says, “Hello, is there anything I can do for you? A job? Registration?” 

Of course I go to say registration, but as soon as I open my mouth, Ava pinches my side. Then she says “We’re here to register him and I probably need to re-register because I’ve been inactive for around three years.“

She obviously saw Ava pinched me, but she continues a little sheepishly by shakily placing some paperwork and a similar looking crystal that the front gate used down on the counter.

She then says “Can you please place your hand on the crystal for just a moment sir?” in a slightly unnerving customer service voice.

Without a word I comply and the paperwork next to it fills itself out with the same information I saw back in my cell besides that this time Demonic Bond shows up, but that’s expected.

『Name: Eric Davidson

   Mana Purity Class: High A

   Physical Prowess: High F

   Inflictions: High F Malnutrition, Low S Demonic Bond Host

   Blessings: None』

When she looks at my paper, she kinda freezes and soon I get slightly anxious because what if she has caught on to my name? Or is it demons are also hated here in this world and the bond is seen as a bad thing? There are way too many unknowns here… 

Soon the receptionist darts up from my paper, which catches me off guard, but quickly she replaces it with a blank one. Then she says “Please place your hand on the crystal.” to Ava, not that she really acknowledges her while placing her hand on it. Just like mine, hers appear effortlessly onto the paper.

『Name: Ava Beckett

   Mana Purity Class: High B

   Physical Prowess:  Low A

   Inflictions: High S Altered Love Crest

   Blessings: جماعي』

Her inflictions did not catch my attention at first. It’s her blessing, considering it is the first one I’ve seen. The Love Crest definitely was what both Ava and Sarah gained from my artifact, and it’s what made them so clingy. On that thought, as soon as Ava’s hand left the crystal, she wraps her arms back around my arm.

The receptionist tries to ignore us and look over both of our paperwork. Soon after she picks up both of them, she says, “I’ll be back with your licenses and you’ll be on your way!“

Then she walks into a room behind her for not even two minutes before she reemerges. Shakily handing both me and Ava our Union cards, she says “Thank you for applying at our branch and if you need anything, please look for me. My name is Marcy and have a pleasant evening.“

I respond, “Have a good one too!“ and as soon as I do, Ava drags me away quickly while saying, “Alright we have to hurry back. Sarah is probably worried.”

Now that I think about it, Sarah probably is having problems dealing with her new feelings for me without me… I mean, they wouldn’t let me go after I woke up from being knocked unconscious from the artifact and that was just being unconscious in the same room.

Pushing those thoughts to a corner of my mind, I hurry Ava on our way back. From the stairs of the Mercenary’s Union to the busy streets of Cable, we rush back to her house. Not even a second through the front door, Sarah appears out of the darkness we eventually find ourselves in because when we left it was already late, so by the time we made it here, it was dark.

She slowly makes her way closer and closer to me… All of this happens basically with no words. Even though when we were rushing here, even we had small chitchat, so this is a complete change in atmosphere and it makes my skin crawl.

That feeling doesn’t leave as Sarah closes the gap and grasps onto my free arm that Ava isn’t latched onto. Immediately as she has gotten me into her clutches, her hands rub my arm up and down, all the while breathing heavily.

After a couple seconds of that, I hear her mumble, “You’re back… You’re back… She stole you without a word…“

 

 

Author’s note: Hope you enjoyed! This one is pretty short comparison to the others. Sorry I’ve been busy!

11