Chapter 2 (Unedited)
1.4k 10 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The meals they give the people here are borderline inedible, and calling it meals is generous. The only thing they feed me every day is a “soup“ which is an indescribable white liquid with chunks of what I assume used to be vegetables. It’s not that it has a terrible taste, it’s that it has no flavor at all, but you can’t forget about the bread that is hard as a rock. The only way you can get the bread down is if you dip it in the soup.

After finishing my meal, I stare at the card again with the only text to look at is “The Hanged Man” which gives me no clue why it was given to me. What does it even mean? It doesn’t matter too much, does it? All I have to comfort myself from the thoughts about memories of what I used to have.

My old life.

How did I even get here?

It all started with a seemingly normal day. Getting up and doing schoolwork online, which usually took a couple of hours, but it was no big deal because it was still easier than actually going to school and most of the Indian people online are more useful than teachers anyways. After finishing my work, I relaxed in my bed before I went to make lunch, but suddenly I had a horrendous headache. It felt like tv static was inside my head.

That was the first and easiest time there was a downward spiral into even worse headaches. Which caused me to undergo all kinds of tests just to find nothing. During the more extreme ones, I’d see things like humans with animal features and what I think is magic. In my last days on earth, during those fits, I’d just see this cell.

Eventually I just woke up here in this cell. I heard the screams of others, but I could easily dissociate them from anyone because I couldn’t understand them much at all. That changed after that woman gave me the ability to understand this language. The screams felt like nails on a chalkboard… The first one to catch me off guard was the little girl screaming for her mommy.

The more screams I hear, the more I feel myself slip.

If I had the power to make it all go away… I’d kill them all…

..

.

Wait, do I mean that?

I’ve never seriously hurt someone before. Can I really go that far?

“P-please no I didn’t mean it…“ a little half-human girl whimpers while a guard puts his hand and mumbles something, but instead of electricity coming out, pure blue flames shoot out. Her screams feel like they lasted hours, but in reality it probably only lasted a few minutes. I didn’t look away for a single second.

I just laugh loudly and this catches the guard’s attention, so he walks to my cell and asks, “What’s so funny?”

With a grin I say “You guys are real assholes aren’t you?“

The guard’s face scrunches up and he says “You are property. You need to learn to be seen but not heard Eric.“ then he mumbles what I guess is a chant then he points his finger at me. I was expecting some more light shock therapy like last time, but unlike the last time this time, he won’t let up…

I laugh again while the pain doesn’t register, but then something falls out of my shirt… a bright light envelopes the room. Then a sword comes into existence in my hand and a strange amount of anger comes over me, but instantly I slice him and the bars, sending his head flying.

I look at it, confused. I don’t know how to use a sword. It was just instinct… it felt like my body was moving on its own! Then I try to cut open my bars and with that thought I cut them smoothly. With a smile, I realize I can also help the others here.

So I run over to other cells and cut open five cages. All of them seem thankful but instantly run away instantly after in what seems to be overwhelming terror. I understand them, but I need to help more people. At the very least, they can make great distractions. So I run over to the sixth person and I go to slice his cell open…

*Zzzzzp*

Someone hit me with purple lightning, which is definitely a lot more painful than the other one. My knees instantly give out and I feel a scream escape my lips. The feeling of anger overwhelms my mind, but a black glow comes off of me and the pain fades quickly and I cleave the guard’s hand off. Then I tell him, “Please leave with your life. I’d rather not take a person’s life. It’s disgusting.“

His face twists into something ugly and he mutters something. Suddenly a fire burst in front of his stump, effectively stopping the bleeding somewhat… A screech that could probably break glass escapes his lungs. After a couple of seconds, he recovers enough composure.

“I’ll die if I let you go anyway, so it’s better to have you dead than free.“ barely escapes his lips as I felt compelled to kill him. I drop the sword, feeling an overwhelming amount of guilt and instantly the sword turns into the tarot card that I have had.

 

 

 

 

Author's Note- Hello Hello again! I'll also let you know that I have a full time job so this might have somewhat a slow upload time... but I will do my best! :D Also please give feedback again as well!

28