Chapter 4 (Unedited)
964 3 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I tried to protest but here I am again being carried like a sack of potatoes. She insisted because I would just slow us down and that I could be put down once we find a way out or during another break. So all I get to watch is the hallway disappear behind us as she runs through this labyrinth of hallways. At this point I think the slave trade might be illegal here and this complicated place was probably made to keep slaves here but also hide them pretty well.

My train of thought is interrupted when she stops running suddenly. When I'm down she whispers "Another guard is coming." and as soon as that leaves her lips her arms appear to crack and fingers come to a rigid point. As well as her eyes turning red and fangs becoming visible.

Feeling the pressure she's giving off alone would probably make me fall to my knees but soon I see a huge wolf creature standing on it's hind legs slowly walking towards us. It lets out a growl that I could feel in my bones but within that same second it disappears and reappears right in front of that girl. Before it could swing down she steps straight forward within it's reach and tries to stab it through it like the last person but it jumps back.

She gets an annoyed look on her face and does a similar move then she appears behind it then stabs it. It lets a loud roar and spins around as soon as her hand is removed from it's skin it knocks her into the wall. 

It looks at her having trouble getting back up to fight and then turns to me and begins it charge. All I hear is her click her tongue and mutters 『 Flow』then what looks like a red needle goes right through it's head.

Confused, I just ask her, "What was that?" without saying anything she gestures to her hand which is bleeding quite a bit. Then she lets out a sigh and her eyes, teeth, and arms go back to normal.

Feeling a loss of words at the fact she used her blood as a weapon to save me. The only thing I can really do is change the subject by saying "Well i guess since we came this far may I at least know your name my name is…" 

Uh what name do I use? I guess I'll use the one that the lady said my name was so I tell her "Eric Davidson."

Quietly I hear "Ava" 

Then I say "It's probably not a good time to take a break after that there might be more of them but I think this time I can run on my own." almost instantly she shakes her head and walks over to me and grabs me just like before… How did I get seen as a liability when it comes to running? I guess I should just ask.

"Why are you carrying me anyways? Am I too slow?" 

She nods her head then suddenly she picks up her speed to the point I know I wouldn't be able to keep up. 

I just let out a sigh at this point because I don't even know who's saving who. I may have let her out of the cell but she's doing most of the work beyond that. While I continue just letting Ava do the whole escaping thing I look at the card again and try to figure out how to make that sword appear again with no luck.

I think back on when it appeared the last time and all I remember is fearing for my life then getting angry… My thoughts get interrupted by Ava trying to put me down because we are now at a big iron door that looks like even a rino would have trouble with.

She looks at the card and asks "Can I borrow that?" I just hand it to her. She gets a serious look on her face then a sword that looks different to the one I summoned appears and she cuts the door into pieces. 

Instantly I knew with her knowing how to use it we shouldn't have much of an issue getting out of here, hopefully.

I get ready for her to pick me up yet again but suddenly her veins started to pop out and steam came off on the arm that used my sword which caused her to drop it. As soon as it touch the ground it turned back to the card.

Ava mutters "God damn artifact backlash!" while waving her hand back and forth like she just put it on something hot.

21