Chapter 2 (make sure to read introo)
7 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dan P.O.V.

Saturday rolled around and I had to go to his place again. I yawned before I stepped up onto the stairs. I felt tired. Spending all of last night to design didn't help. I had a sudden motivation rush at the wrong time. didn't help. I had a sudden motivation rush at the wrong time.

I rang the doorbell, and the door whirred. I heard a "come in" from Isaac.

I opened the door expecting Isaac to be at the table in the kitchen. A quick glance around and I found him on the couch in the living area.

"Would you like to study on the couch?" Isaac asked, "I thought it might be more comfortable."

"Yeah, sure," I said before I let out another yawn.

I walked over and noticed his wet hair and a towel wrapped around his neck. Wow, he's hot even after a shower- Dan! Snap out of it! What are you thinking! There's no point fantasising about him, he doesn't even like you!

I sat down next to him on the couch and started my work on the project with my laptop. We both typed and researched away. I didn't realise I was growing sleepy by the second. Letting out more yawns and slowly sinking into the soft sofa.

"I'll be back," Isaac said as he got up from the couch and left the room.

The couch is so comfy, I just want to sleep. 3 more questions to go. Come on Dan, just stay up long enough so you can finish them off.

Isaac got back and sat down next to me again. Is he closer? No, I must be imagining things again, especially from my tiredness.

Two more questions to go, just a bit left. It was hard to keep my eyes open at this point.

One more question, an easy one at least. Oh no, I'm drifting off to .....

I closed my eyes and let out a large yawn only to keep my eyes closed and fall into a deep sleep.

Isaac P.O.V.

Dan's head collapsed onto my shoulder. Wow, he must have been really tired to sleep in the middle of the day.

I stare at his face and scrawny figure.

I wonder what it was that got me attracted to him so quickly. Was it his bright red hair? Was it the cute dimples when he showed his rare smile? Was it his will to try even when he was terrible at it?

I smiled and continued to look at him.

Suddenly, Dan's eyes shot open to see my head positioned to directly face toward him. I quickly turned my head away so he couldn't see the blush that I could feel burning on my cheeks.

Dan's P.O.V.

I quickly hid my face in my hands. Did I look that bad for him to turn his head away? How long was I out for? AUGH!!! THis is so embarrassing!

I used the back of my hand to wiped off any potential drool that was on my mouth.

"S-sorry about that, I was doing some stuff o-on the computer last night and-" Isaac put his hand over my mouth, stopping my mouth from rambling off again...

"No, that's fine," he said, once again looking at me with his dashing poker face. 'Dashing'? No, that's not the point, does he really think it's just 'fine'? Did he possibly misunderstand? Hang-on, think back to what I said. What could he possibly think bad about - wait, he couldn't have!

"I-I really am sorry," I said frantically, "And I promise I wasn't watching porn last night!"

Isaac covered his mouth. It was just like the other time when my tongue ran off without letting my brain catch up to it.

"Uh-um, I promise to make it up to you, anything you want," I continued to say without thinking. Was that really a good idea, Dan?

"Anything within your power, correct?" asked Isaac after removing his hand.

"Yes," I nodded, I didn't want to look worse by backing down on what I said.

Isaac thought about it for a moment and smiled. He smiled???? I thought he was an emotionless handsome freak who does everything perfectly!?

"Then, would it be in your power to hang out with me more often?" He proposed.

I thought about it for a moment. I don't have many friends to keep me busy, and my only pastime was my creations and homework.

I nodded again. "When would you like to hang out?" I asked, "I'm free whenever"

"Let's study at your place on Mondays. You're free then, right?"

"Yeah, I-I am free then, but maybe not at my place. Please?" 

"Okay we could just go to the park. It's boring here anyways." I felt a hint of bitterness in the last sentence.

"Yeah, I really enjoy going to the one near here. It also has picnic tables under shelters." Somehow planning this out made me calm down.

I looked down at my laptop to see the final question unanswered.

"I'll just finish this question, and then I'll go."

Isaac nodded and got up from the couch. He's still as unemotional as ever.

The question was easy, so I quickly finished it and packed up my stuff to leave.

"I'm heading out now!" I call from the door of the house.

"See you on Monday at the park," Isaac said, coming back. He was holding a small white pouch the size of his palm.

"I meant to give this to you," He said, "It's a pouch full of nice smelling herbs. The smell is said to be calming. I thought of giving it to you last time we studied, so I made it yesterday."

I held the pouch and I could smell the soothing scent already. I felt my mouth curl up into a smile. "Thanks, c'ya."

"Bye."

2