The End and Another Beginning
86 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the big night...

All leaders waited for Jaina to come. She had gone scouting ahead.

Soon, she was back by teleporting in.

'I'm sorry I'm late.' Jaina gasped grimly. 'It's as we feared. Archimonde and his Doom Guard are making their way towards the Summit! They'll be here any moment!' she said anxiously.

'Ten thousand years ago we Night Elves defeated the Burning Legion.' Furion spoke. 'Though the rest of the world was shattered, we were left to live our lives in peace, bound to the World Tree.' he said as they looked behind them to see the gigantic tree easily visible from where they were. 'We are its protectors, and through it, we were granted immortality and power over nature. Now at last, it's time we gave that power back.'

'You realize that we will age as these mortals do.' Tyrande pointed out. 'And our powers over nature will wane over time.'

'Well, there's my technique...' Sakura piped up. 'I maintained my immortality through magic...'

'Out of the question, child.' said Tyrande, shaking her head. 'Magic is still addicting. We'd rather be mortal than use even the weakest sorcery spell.'

'That's still a mystery I haven't solved yet in these five thousand years.' Sakura sighed. 'Unless I learn who introduced arcane to this world, I'll never know why elves and orcs fall prey to addiction in magic usage. Spiritual Arts never caused practitioners to go crazy, just sorcery! The Quel'dorei children who studied spiritual arts never complained about magic addiction unlike their elders. They're normal and sane and these ones distanced themselves from their elders.'

'Let us ponder that when we survive this.' said Furion. 'I will proceed to the Summit to prepare our trump cards.' he said seriously. 'Whatever may come Tyrande...our bond is eternal.' and he left.

'My lady, please provide us support and we'll keep them busy.' said Sakura. 'We will buy all the time Shan'do needs...'

Hear me, night elves! Archimonde's voice boomed as they all felt a burst of Fel Magic. Your time has come!

'And he's loud about that, too.' said Thrall darkly. 'Redemption or death!' he swore.

'May Elune shine upon you, children.' said Tyrande. 'To arms, my brethren! Brave Warriors! Twilight has come...and the enemy awaits!' the girls and Thrall left for their positions.

xxx

Upon descending down the slopes...

'Teacher...' Thrall glanced at Sakura.

'Victory or Death, the Orc motto applies oh-so-now, student of mine...' Sakura chuckled. 'Should we fail and teleport to the summit, the rest is up to you before you too, get away to safety. There is no dishonor in retreating Thrall. It's simply tactical retreat to the Summit, regain energy for battle by drinking from the Moonwells and here we go again as an all-out combined assault to ensure it's just Archimonde remaining.'

'Yes. I'll inform my men.' the mages then teleported away to their turf.

'Alrighty...this is it.' said Sakura, getting her magic ready. She no longer has Magic Circuits that made her weaker than Mages of Azeroth as Magic Circuits are severely-limiting in power output. With Elune's blessing, she too, can harness mana of the land without limits like the natives could. She can get stronger and increase her magical capacity, and unleash spells beyond her usual limits.

They braced themselves by their gates, and the walls filled with Sakura's Starfall Towers.

'These towers can deal with the Undead...so we can focus on Archimonde.' said Jaina. 'If we somehow survive this, will you share how to make these towers?'

'The Starfall Spell is a spell unique only to the elves...I cannot give it away to a non-elf or I'll get in trouble.' said Sakura. 'Its up to you to create a magical tower, Jaina.'

'Well, at least I'd learn the technology to make it.' said Illidan with a chuckle. 'Starfall, Tyrande's strongest technique...and you made it as defensive towers.'

'It took me a hundred years to perfect my towers to protect my academic city.' said Sakura. 'Before building a city, urban planning comes first, so one can build defensive walls, towers and gates. Next thing I know, my city grew...that it became a multi-layered city that grew larger. Because there's more orphans and my people's population boomed...' she sighed.

And how, Jaina thought. Her city, a known Orphan Paradise is three times bigger than Lordaeron, the largest city in their namesake continent. Moongrove is now a five-layered walled city. Her mage army is by 800.000 strong. All of whom Archmage Class. And an army of archmages is devastating against any army, nevermind her army of puppets!

Her people has access to oh-so-much food, magical water and lots more resources that its possible to have healthy, big families. All people in Moongrove, are the very picture of health. And they looked better than she did and she's a princess of Kul Tiras!

Soon they felt it.

'What vile Fel Magic!' Sakura choked out as they felt such smothering, malevolent magical aura.

'Incoming!' Illidan barked as the first stand braced themselves. 'Leave the Undead to the towers, we deal with the demons and Archimonde!'

So, you're the first to get in my way, puny humans? Archimonde boomed.

The plan, to Illidan's chagrin, was to lull Archimonde into a false sense of arrogance so they all had to downplay their abilities and they must ensure nobody dies. This was for the sake of a trap prepared by the elves that can kill him for good.

A necessary price to pay.

They've done their part enough and teleported to the Undead Bastion...and they have to destroy the bastion physically, not magically to keep from distracting Archimonde. Hell, they can't even burn it!

'This is horrible...the land here is very-much-dead.' said Sakura, taking a sample of soil, seeing it blighted as she floated it with her magic.

'Ashenvale will be forever scarred.' said Illidan. 'And there's nothing we can do. Not like we have the power to bring to life what's dead.' he told her. 'I've done my part, Sakura. I must go do my other half.'

'Very well...thank you for your aid, Illidan.' said Sakura gratefully. 'May Elune shine upon you, as you seek a new lease in life.' Illidan nodded, and departed.

'...you think he'll pursue Druidism as you advised?' Jaina asked the older woman who was forever appearing a soon-to-be adult.

'I hope so...his magical alignment shows that druidism is his destiny, not arcane. It only gave him grief and despair.' said Sakura. 'Its foolish to study and practice where you can never be good in. That's just time and effort wasted.' she tut-tutted. 'Learning academically is OK to create counters against it, but practicing is another thing entirely. But once a century, a genius who can master all fields are born. They are true Archmages.'

'Oh...'

'Let's go back. It's all over anyway...and we can finally burn this tainted part of the forest.' Sakura summoned two of her flamethrowing siege weapons as she magically uprooted the tainted trees for cleansing. 'Clean-up operation, here we go.'

xxx

'We sacrificed our land...wounds will heal in time...but scars shall remain.' said Furion as the leaders all looked at the burned forests surrounding the somewhat-burned World Tree.

'Is that tree...dead?' Sakura asked Furion worriedly.

'Greatly wounded yes...as well as our trap sacrificed the three great Dragon's blessings. We elves now face mortality just like anyone else now...and time of change, is nigh.' said Furion somberly.

'It may be perhaps time to marry and start families, Shan'do. Its how all races thrived.' Sakura proposed. 'Though I'm one to talk, I have no partner for ages...' she scoffed. 'A man just for me has yet to come.'

'Perhaps, child. We've lived long enough without the fruit to show for it.' said Tyrande.

'Time for us to return home and see what happened to Lordaeron while we're gone, Sakura.' said Jaina. 'While we defeated the harbingers, what about the scraps raised by Kel'thuzad?'

'We'll deal with the scraps and stragglers, as long as its not another demon lord.' Sakura deadpanned. 'They're clearly not from this world. We should find and close all portal leading to wherever. Permanently.'

'Yes, its what we should do.' Shan'do agreed. 'Tyrande and I will scour Kalimdor for such portals. You ladies and young Thrall must scour the east.'

'Agreed. I don't want a freedom so fleeting either.' said Thrall. 'We'll have to go hire goblins for ships again. Those guys are costly, but they're our only mode of transport across the sea and they know how to avoid the Dark Tide's clutches.'

'Payment in food and gold. Oh boy.' Sakura chuckled in resignation.

'Teacher, my tribe will settle in southern Kalimdor where the barren wastelands are.' said Thrall. 'Orc Discipline demands we stay sharp in lands that put our survival skills and will to live to the test, for the strong must thrive. My dwindling tribe cannot live in Lordaeron again or face either slavery or extinction. We will deal with the south. You and Jaina deal with the west before we tackle the land of the dead, Northrend.'

'Northrend...a nest of evil.' Tyrande hasn't forgotten the book Sakura sent her. 'It may be there where most of the evil is. But for now let's do the easy parts, before we join forces again to completely exterminate the Legion.'

'Agreed.' said Furion. 'Let us meet in a few years' time...ten years should suffice as its hard to uncover hidden foul sorcery well-hidden.' and the leaders all left the two elven leaders to depart night elf territory for good.

xxx

'Well, before its good-bye, take this book, Thrall.' Sakura gave Thrall a book. 'This is books about medicinal and edible flora of the south. The rest is up to you.'

'Thank you, teacher.' said Thrall, taking the book. 'This will be of great help to us all. Farewell.' and he left to rejoin his forces while they went to theirs.

'Southern Kalimdor...not as pretty as this place. In fact, it's very hot and dry.' said Jaina. 'Very few trees and hardy plants can thrive there.'

'I know. I created a ritual that every seventh month, very heavy rainfall that never stops for a month will happen, and on the tenth to twelfth month, I cause snowfall to replenish rivers, lakes and ponds for life to thrive and leave the rest to the tribes. Rain is as far as I'll go in helping them.' Sakura quipped. 'I started this after creating a magical formula linking to the Well of Eternity under the World Tree...I activate the formula I made and the rest is easy. But the south can never be a beautiful forest due to how the soil is there.'

'But its possible for life to thrive hence.' said Jaina. 'As long as there's water, life will thrive.'

xxx

Two months later...

Moongrove was back in business and schools re-opened again. But Sakura's Mage Armies roamed Lordaeron to check on villages, so Jaina's group of survivors can return home. That, and finding portals they opened to close it for good.

But for it to re-open, Sakura made her return known, and she was summoned to Lordaeron to get answers from her.

So she projected her memories to the council with Jaina Proudmoore confirming her claims, since they had been called together by the Oracle to form a united front against a third invasion of the Burning Legion who was responsible for the rise of the Undead.

'So its like that, Headmistress.'

'It wasn't easy, but we got the job done and we could finally return home.' said Sakura. 'But our Allied Front will meet in ten years' time, to destroy the nest of evil in Northrend. Where most of the Undead are, grossly outnumbering all of us. But things had to be done to bar the Legion from our world forever.'

'Then we of Kirin Tor shall assist this pursuit, Headmistress.' said Antonidas. 'Unbelievable things have happened, while you and my protege are gone.'

'What happened, master?' Jaina asked him.

'...Prince Arthas of all people, became an undead. There are witnesses who saw him like that.' said King Terenas in a pained voice to Jaina's horror. 'He is what he calls himself a Death Knight now, serving the Lich King!' he moaned. 'And my daughter Calia remains missing but I fear for the worst. And the last I remember of her, we had a fight.'

"Oh boy..." Sakura sweatdropped.

She knows where the missing princess is. Its just not her place to talk right now!

xxx

'Arthas. A Death Knight.' Jaina choked out in grief as the Ruling Council of leaders and Sakura left the Conference Room.

'He indeed, found death in the North...foolish brat.' Sakura sighed, shaking her head. 'Passion is OK but it can blind. He is a stellar example of that. Give up on him, Jaina. As I told you, there is no saving what is dead even if you opened all magical books this world has to offer.'

'...'

'I doubt we've seen the last of him and Kel'thuzad.' said Sakura. 'My puppet army will keep roaming until the last undead is truly dead. They might chop him up along the way, no idea. I do not know where and how many my puppets have killed and what kind. But at least this continent is clean. That's what matters.' and she was gone.

xxx

In the second wall, behind the city...

Lies a comfortable two-floored mansion. It was where Princess Calia Menethil lived with her husband and daughter, with another child on the way.

Her husband, Cyril Dalton works as a part of her army, the Mages of Shadows. Trained in magic and battle arts more than what being a mere Footman can offer him. Calia raises their daughter during the day, and takes care of her husband when he returns home.

Calia had begged Sakura to hide her and her family, so she did. And they lived happily, but hidden.

'Good day, Calia.' Sakura greeted.

'Headmistress.' Calia nodded politely, scooping up her little girl. Just like her people, Calia's family physically changed because of Moonwell Water. At the peak of health and physical beauty their genes can afford them. Calia lived here with her husband since pregnancy and only Queen Liane knows where they were. 'What brings this visit?'

'...your idiot of a brother.'

That got Calia pausing in her steps while carrying her five year old.

'Arthas? Idiot?' Calia blinked. 'Honey, go to your room, this is adult talk, OK?' she cooed to her daughter kindly.

'Yes mama!' the two women watched the little girl run upstairs.

'...what about Arthas?'

'As you know through my announcements, Arthas killed off Stratholme City and went to Northrend, disregarding the protests of Lord Uther and Miss Jaina. He only believes what he wants to believe even if he was wrong. People like that, are hard to deal with.' said Sakura, conjuring a teaset for them both. 'Brat went to Northrend to confront Mal'Ganis the Dreadlord...and he's seen in Lordaeron by many witnesses as an undead. A Death Knight.' Calia gasped at that. 'Your father laments his death and you're missing...thus, no heir to the throne.' said Sakura. 'As it stands, its you and your daughter, buuut we have a problem...'

'I eloped with a commoner husband since I want nothing to do with that fiance of mine!' Calia grumbled, irked. 'He sees me as a means of his own social advancement in status and a shortcut to gain the throne. Cyril at least, sees me and the happy life we have now...I refuse to lose this treasure, Sakura.' she said in a pained voice.

'Very well. I'll keep in touch with the Queen. Incase things go shirty...prepare yourself.'

Calia groaned.

She is so not looking forward to this.

She managed to have a simple, but good life here.

Her husband earns better than in Lordaeron thus can afford a comfortable life here. Orphaned children are fortunate indeed with someone like Sakura around. They have far better lives here and all races are welcome here...as long as you're not hostile!

Because the orphans are raised differently, they held no racial discrimination. In fact, that was the NUMBER ONE RULE here. Nobody discriminates, or else, expelled!

Many sentient races are here who are orphaned. Not just humans. She raises and gives them education while making them immortal, before talking to their racial kin into taking them in to have a place to belong.

So in time, Lordaeron became peaceful...but also full of strong tribes she was responsible for and she could care less if it troubles other people, as long as she raises the orphans she adopts into the best they can be. She doesn't care about politics either, being a neutral entity since she runs an Academic City where everyone is welcome.

xxx

On the stormy seas on the edge of Kalimdor...Illidan stood by the seashore, using a ritual call to be heard. It caused skies to darken and the calm seas to churn out waves.

Betrayer.

In truth it was I who was betrayed.

Still I am hunted.

Still I am hated.

Now, my blind eyes see what others cannot.

That sometimes, the hand of fate must be forced.

Were Illidan's thoughts of bitterness as he called old friends from the deep.

Only he was aware what became of his old Highborne friends after the Sundering.

They're his only allies now.

These transformed serpents, once highborne elves have come, for revenge.

Now come forth...

Unleash the tides of doom...

...towards those who oppose us.

1