Chapter 1. The Deposed Queen
1.8k 2 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The novel "Bloody Camellia", which confidently occupied the position of one of the most popular romantic novels over the past few years, ended relatively recently.

The plot of the novel told about a sister and brother who, orphaned at a young age, had to survive in the cruel world of the Middle Ages in order to take their revenge. After a series of tragedies and trials that befell them, they were finally able to do what they wanted.

The main heroine of this story, Princess Brisney Blanche, put an end to a long-standing bloody feud with her uncle. After avenging her dead parents, and removing the traitor king from the throne, she became queen and married the cursed duke.

Her younger brother Josh stayed with her at the royal court, helping in the governance of the country. He grew up a noble and stately young man, and decided to devote his life to restoring his mother's family, taking the place of the new Duke of Ashford.

Despite the fact that the plot of the novel in the form of revenge and revenge sounded quite trivial to itself, and hardly stood out among other literature of a similar genre, its main advantage was that romance was not at the head of the whole corner.

On the contrary, cruelty, bloodshed, and endless political intrigues made this story unusual, but exciting at the same time.

The main character Brisney became the idol of many young girls, because she was absolutely not like an ordinary heroine from short stories. Persistent, independent and strong—willed - perhaps this was just the case when she was with the main character, and not he with her.

The tragic life of Brisney and her brother was really interesting to watch, and therefore, when the last chapter came out, no one could fully believe that this was really the end.

In the final epilogue, Brisney and Josh bring flowers to their mother's grave, and thank her for giving them a chance to change everything with her help. A standard, but very touching ending.

Readers, including me, were happy for the characters, although they felt some chagrin at the same time; After all, this story really was kind of unique, and it is unlikely that something similar will be released in the next few years.

At least that's what I thought when I finished reading the last chapter in my hospital bed. There wasn't much joy in my daily life, and this novel became the thing that made it easier for a long time.

I fell ill with an incurable disease when I was a teenager, and since then I have not left the hospital ward. Now I'm already twenty, however, I didn't notice a big age difference.

After the former joys of life were banned for me, the only thing left for me was reading. I read my favorite novels from morning till late at night, because it was the only way for me to forget about the harsh realities of real life.

I knew I wouldn't live long, so I wanted to have time to read as much as possible. I hardly thought about my real life.

Most of my family members turned away from me as soon as they found out about my illness, and only my mother supported me to the end. Seeing how hard it was for her to take care of me, I felt great guilt, especially realizing that I would never be able to become healthy again.

So, deep down, I wasn't afraid of death at all; maybe I was even waiting for it.

It would be better if I just die and have a good dream than continue to complicate my mother's life.

Such thoughts visited my head until I really died.

It happened so suddenly that I didn't even feel anything.

However, if we compare death with sleep, then we can say that I just fell asleep. And now I was about to have a long dream.

Although, if I knew what would happen to me after death, I definitely wouldn't have been waiting for it so much.

After all, it turned out to be even worse than my previous life.

The day I first woke up in this world, it seemed to me that I was really just dreaming.

Otherwise, I just didn't believe that all this could happen to me.

In the bathroom I saw my new reflection, which just amazed me.

She was a girl of dazzling beauty, looking like an angel, with beautiful, fairy-like emerald hair and a pair of amber eyes shining like precious stones. It was a face I'd definitely seen somewhere before.

But where?

Realizing that I was no longer in my hospital room, but in a luxurious nineteenth-century mansion, I fell into shock.

Of course, before that I had read novels about moving people to other worlds, but I just couldn't believe that this could happen to me!

Isn't this happening only in fictional universes?! Is this really what awaits me after death?

Before I had time to really come to my senses, there was a knock on the room I was in, and I heard the voice of a young girl:

— Madam, your things are packed. Everything is ready for your departure to the Royal Academy. Would you like to add something else to the list?

"The Royal Academy?!

I was taken aback.

I definitely didn't expect this.

The Royal Academy? Such an institution was quite often present in romantic novels! Could this be a confirmation of my guess?

— Yes, mistress... You asked us to prepare things a week before departure. Your train will be in two days, and I wanted to clarify if you need anything else?

— Uhm... No, thanks.

— I see. Then rest, mistress.

— Wait! I called out to her when the maid was already moving away from the door, "You can... Should I remind you what my name is?

— Excuse me?

— Simple... Just tell me that.

The maid's surprised tone spoke directly about her expression at this moment.

— Lerian. Your name is Leriana Ashford, mistress.

Having said that, the maid left, leaving me in utter confusion.

Ashford? I was sure that this name was familiar to me. She was definitely mentioned in some novel...

Stop...

It can't be!

I rushed to the mirror, and once again carefully looked at my reflection.

Now, at a second glance, I finally realized who this girl reminded me so much.

Brisney Blanche. The main character of "Bloody Camellia".

Emerald hair, posture, facial features... She was almost identical to the heroine on the cover of the book.

But... Meanwhile, I wasn't completely sure that it was her.

Brisney's eyes were bright blue, the same as King Philip's, but this girl's were amber, like precious stones.

Plus, even though they were very similar, there were quite distinct differences. Unlike Brisney, who looked like a tomboy girl, this girl looked more like an elegant lady.

Gentle and refined... That was how it could be described.

But in that case, if it was definitely not the main character of the novel, then who...?

At the same time, the girl's last name came to my aid.

Brisney didn't have any sisters, or any other peers similar to her, which means... There was only one option left.

Leriana Ashford. The mother of the main character.

I got into the body of a girl with a sad fate, who will end her life in the prime of her life, protecting her children during the uprising of Razor Blanche.

This is what is in store for her according to the plot of the novel.

And considering that this is going to happen in the not-too-distant future, I don't have much time left.

More precisely, I will have to die in ten years.

39