Chapter 25. Disciplinary Committee
786 1 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Lady Cassius, are you saying you didn't do it?"

— It wasn't me, — despite all the oppressive situation around, Rachel answered the director very calmly, which infuriated him even more.

"Then what do you say to that?" — the man showed her a document with a medical report, which bore the seal of the imperial hospital, — It wasn't you either...?!

The document stated that Baron Holmes' son was admitted to the department this morning with a severe concussion. In addition, his entire body was mutilated by terrible beatings.

For the first time, the guy was found in the hall of the academy when one of the teachers was the first to come to work. And the picture he saw just shocked him. There was no living place on the unfortunate student.

At first, it was possible to assume that he had already died, but no. By an incredible coincidence, the baron's son was still breathing when he was taken away for emergency surgery. Now, the doctors of the imperial hospital were fighting for his life, and the final outcome was still not clear.

Naturally, after the news about this surfaced for general discussion, everyone began to look for the culprit. And, of course, Rachel Cassius was the very first to come under suspicion.

It was she who had the worst reputation among students, and not isolated cases of fights. In addition, Crown Prince Philip personally witnessed this case.

He stated that he saw that before the incident, there was a conflict between the Baron's son and Rachel. It's not hard to guess what might have happened later.

Therefore, in connection with the latest event, the question of the exclusion of the girl from the academy was quite acute.

The father of the beaten student was furious when he found out about this and demanded immediate action. All the other parents were also horrified, because their children also studied with Rachel in the same building. It is possible that their children will be the next victims.

Despite the support Duke Cassius gave to the academy, the director simply couldn't turn a blind eye to it, after all these complaints.

He called Rachel into his office this morning to solve this problem. But the girl did not even think to admit her guilt.

Rachel stated that she was not involved in the incident. But, of course, no one believed her.

Everyone except me. After all, I was also there and saw this scene with my own eyes.

I was sure that Rachel was innocent and she was falsely accused. Therefore, I was horrified when, after all the news, everyone unanimously recognized the girl as a criminal.

After learning that because of this case, a disciplinary committee will be held today, which will decide Rachel's fate, I decided to go with her. Despite the fact that it was not stipulated by the rules, I insisted on my presence.

After all, Rachel herself is unlikely to defend herself. She would rather launch at the director with retaliatory accusations. And in this conflict I had to act as a reasonable party.

After the director shook the obvious "proof" of her guilt in front of her, Rachel's expression remained the same unperturbed.

She asked frowningly:

— And you really believe in this nonsense?

— Lady Cassius, do you call the official conclusion of the hospital delirium? — The director burst out, — If I were you, I would think well about a possible excuse!

— I don't need it.

— So you do not repent of what you did?!

— I didn't do it.

Rachel denied it again, but the director didn't believe her a bit. Instead, he was only more angry that the girl did not want to take responsibility.

In addition to the three of us, half of the teaching staff were in the office, who kept records of the ongoing "interrogation". At the end of the meeting, each of them will have to vote for Rachel's possible expulsion from the academy. If there are more positive votes, then nothing will be able to help Rachel.

Realizing that the situation was extremely serious, I could not stay away. After all, if the girl is really kicked out, then what should I do...?!

Because of this incident, my whole plan could go down the drain. I couldn't let that happen!

— I witnessed what happened! — I said, - And I can confirm that Rachel did not do anything illegal!

"Lady Ashford, even though you've decided to side with Lady Cassius, I can't take your word for it," the director objected.

"And why is that?" — I was indignant, — If I saw everything with my own eyes, isn't that enough?

He looked at me shrewdly.

"Lady Ashford, I've heard all about your relationship. So how can I be sure that you're just not covering for her?

I let out an exasperated sigh, but I couldn't say anything intelligible to that. If you think about it, the director was right, and there was no other evidence besides my words. Moreover, I was not a simple passerby, but Rachel's girlfriend. From the outside, it seemed quite possible that I would lie to protect her.

But then why did he so easily believe Philip when he also had no proof other than his own words? Is it because he's the Crown Prince?

— Don't interfere.

Rachel hissed at me when I opened my mouth to say something again. I could tell by the look in her eyes that she didn't want me to take part in this.

But how could I stand and watch her being unfairly expelled...?!

At that moment, there was a knock on the director's office, and Philippe Blanche came inside.

— Director, did you call me?

"Yes," he agreed, "I wanted Your Highness to be a witness at this meeting. You are the only one who has seen everything, and you can help us make the right decision.

— Of course, — the guy smiled peacefully, — I am always happy to help restore justice.

When Philip walked on and stood next to us, I couldn't find the words to express my indignation.

I didn't understand why he was doing this. Why would Philip accuse Rachel out of the blue? What is he trying to achieve?

Even if the prince really caught the altercation in the corridor, how could he so easily decide that it was Rachel who was involved in the further attack? After all, he also had to see how Rachel left after that and didn't even touch him!

I glared indignantly at the back of his head, but I couldn't say anything because there were too many people looking at us.

However, I wanted to ask Philip, what the hell? He was so nice when we talked. How could the father of the main character, an automatically positive character, do this?

— Your Highness, tell me in detail again how it happened?

— Yesterday afternoon I was returning from extra classes, — the Crown Prince began, — And passing by the freshman building, I saw Rachel Cassius attacking one of the students for no reason, — at these words I could barely contain my anger, but the guy calmly continued, — She also said that she would deal with him later. I didn't know then that Rachel would really want to kill him.

Philip lied and did not blush, saying this outright lie. After that, I really wanted to hit him with something heavy.

— Is that how it was? — the director clarified, - did Lady Cassius directly threaten him?

—I could not have misheard," Philip confirmed, "she really said that this time she would finish with Baron Holmes' son.

When the prince said all this, Rachel's expression did not change for a moment. Most likely, she immediately expected a similar outcome. In this country, no one could go against the Crown Prince's words. Especially when a member of the most hated kind of empire participated in this case.

But even so, I didn't want to give up so easily.

— Director, it wasn't like that! I put in indignantly, "Yes, Rachel did threaten him, but there was no attack! I've seen it all!

— No one else can confirm this, — said the other, — In your opinion, His Highness would lie in such a case?

— But…

— Back at the beginning of the school year, hundreds of students witnessed Rachel Cassius' uncontrolled aggression, — Philip cut me off, — Everyone saw that Mr. Holmes was the victim that time, too. And so, she just wanted to get back at him. Isn't that the obvious reason?

Philip was a master of the language and arranged everything in such a way that there really could be no doubt about his speech. Apart from me, no one could confirm Rachel's innocence. Since almost everyone had left for extracurricular activities that day, I was the only witness. This became the stumbling block, thanks to which all the blame could be blamed on the girl.

I clenched my fists, not believing that everything would end this way.

In this situation, I was completely useless. Fighting the power of the imperial family is like banging your head against a wall. Completely deaf and senseless.

Rachel will be expelled from the academy. After that, against my will, I will be involved in this damned love triangle again. And then, it is already known in advance that.

Was I really powerless against my fate? How disgusting it is to realize this.

I looked at Rachel with the sad thought that this is probably the last time we see her. This meeting will simultaneously put an end to our contract with her.

After the principal and the other teachers briefly conferred, he was ready to make a verdict.

"... Well, since His Highness is a witness to this case, we can't help but listen to his words. And in the end, we decided that…

The next second, the doors of the office suddenly burst open with a terrible crash. At the same moment, I felt an aura that turned out to be familiar to me. Only one family in this country could have it.

— I demand an explanation, on what basis are you going to expel my daughter?

It was the main villain of the kingdom of Azeroth, the cursed Duke Cassius.

31