College
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The result of the college entrance examination came out twenty days later. I got up early and sat in front of the computer uneasily and anxiously. students could check their results online b 11 a.m. and I was waiting for it with the expectation of high scores as well as the fear of bad one. Luckily, my parents were on duty. I would be more nervous if they waited here with me. The clock ticked and 11 a.m. was around the corner. Putting my ID and password into the system, and carefully double checking each number, I successfully logged in. However, I was too panic to open my eyes. Fear and curiosity, they were fighting in my brain, and finally the later one prevailed. I clicked the mouse and the result came into my sight. The figure 625 excited me to jump up with tears bursting out. It’s by far the best performance I have ever had and totally beyond my expectation. Immediately, I called mum to share the good news, and mum was just as excited as I was. Jolin’s call came in when I hanged up with mum.

“Darling, the result has come out. I get 588, what about you?” her excitement overbrimed.

“625, HaHaHa~~~~~~~~”

“Which university are you going to apply?”

“I haven’t decided that yet. I need to do more research and discuss with my parents.”

“Of course, but don’t forget to tell me when you make a decision.”
“Sure.”

Mum and dad came back next day. They sent me a set of cosmetics to praise my good performance. It’s the brand that I had wanted for a long time.

“Great job, Mengmeng. Let’s find a decent restaurant and celebrate it.” Dad said.

“Oh yeah! Thank you very much, daddy. I want to have Cantonese cuisine. ”

“OK. Get dressed in half an hour. I’ll take a shower first. It’s too hot out there.” Dad always spoils me and never say no to my decision.

It’s the first time for me to have dinner in such a grand restaurant with classic Chinese decoration. Dad have made a reservation and we were led into a private room. A round table with four chairs was set in the center, while a cabinet was on the right corner with two kettles and tableware. The waitress who led us in set the tableware for us, and poured three cups of green tea to us.

“Order whatever you want, Mengmeng.” Dad picked up the menu and gave it to me.

I took the menu over and carefully reviewed it. All cuisines looked delicious with pictures, and I fount it difficult to make a choice. But I was attracted by roasted goose.

“I’ll have roasted goose. It looks nice.” I passed the menu to dad again.

“OK. We’ll also have steamed fish, sea crab fried with onions and ginger, water spinach fried with chopped garlic, rib soup with corns and carrots, and three beers. ” Dad ordered several dishes without even looking at the menu. He must have come here many times. The waitress walked away with the door behind her to place our order, and we three enjoyed the tea.

“Which university do you wish to go? What kind of major do you prefer?” mum asked.

“I want to study e-commerce, because I am quite interested in this rising industry. As for which university, I haven’t decided yet. I think you would give me good suggestions.” I answered with the tea cup on hand.

“E-commerce is not bad. It’s a promising industry. We have done some thorough researches and consulted some experts. We sincerely hope you can go S university. It’s the best in our province and the top-tier one nationwide. Moreover, it locates in S city. It would be convenient for you to come back home, and you can even live at home since it’s just 10 miles away.” Dad looked at me with great anticipation.

“S university is good. E-commerce is one of its most famous major.” I was agreed with his opinion.

“Nice. In this way you can still come back home every week.” Mum was very happy.

When we were talking and laughing, what we ordered were brought on one by one. The fish was sweet and fresh, while the roasted goose was crispy; The sea crab was torn into four parts, so it was quite convenient for us to eat it; the onion and ginger perfectly stimulated the crab’s flavor; the soup must have been cooked for a long time, for the rib was rotten, and the corn and carrots brought fruit sweetness to it: All cuisines were incredibly delicious. I even wish to learn cooking, at least learn some easy-to-understanding ones in case of emergency. I surely could not learn from my parents, who were busy and not that good at cooking.

My college application went on well and I shared my choice with Jolin who also chose S university, but her major was clinical medicine. Studying in the same campus means that we two can still hang out together and have fun.  

College life was really colorful. As a freshman, I participated in several different associations and made lots of friends there. When it came to the sophomore year, I worked as the chairman of Youth Volunteer Association, which made me much busier than freshman year. The junior year witnessed great academic pressure, so I fully engaged myself into academic studies to make sure my GPA ranked top, which enabled me to win scholarships for three years in a row. Right now, I am a senior, interning in the biggest e-commerce corporation in S city. Intern is cheap labor force, and the internship is quite a torture. But all sweat paid off when I finally get a full-time job from another multinational E-commerce giants.

0