Chapter One ‘The Silent boss’
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

??? POV:

‘Oh, I'm so late!’ ‘On my first day too no no no!’ I thought running towards the brilliant glass doors almost three times my size. I make it through the doors and rush towards reception. “Hi, yes you please!” I plead practically shouting at the poor overworked ladies at the reception desk. “Hi, uh yeah. I'm new here and today is my first day on the job and I'm late and I need to get to the top floor!” I blurted out before the lady at the desk was even able to greet me. “I’m sorry Sir, past the fifth-floor access, is not allowed without any authorized identification from the company. So we cannot let you pass unless you can provide your worker’s identification card.” Stated the lady at the reception desk. “Oh yes! Of course! I have that right here!” I exclaimed handing over the card to her. “Oh no Sir, if you have the worker’s identification card you just scan it right here on this pad by the gates, and if approved it will let you pass.” The reception lady started with a kind smile and a slight head tilt. Gesturing her hand towards the side of the desk that had a waist-high gate attaching the two reception desks that create a semi-circle to block the elevators that lead past the fifth floor. “Oh. right.” I laughed with what can only be taken as a nervous, and embarrassed wreck. I thank the kind reception lady and quickly zoomed past her to the gate and furiously scanned the card to get to the elevators repeatedly; as I felt my entire face start to turn red from the embarrassment of the situation. As I finally reach the elevators I hop in the first one to come to me and click the button to the top floor. I relax while in the elevator and collect myself and straighten my tie and shirt and get settled. 

   

The elevator doors open to a giant room full of office cubicles and people running back and forth scattering around like mice working their routine jobs. I take a step into the neatly organized chaos and look around and find the only enclosed office with the spelling in large and bold letters the word supervisor. I then brush my hand through my hair, push it back, and start to walk towards the enclosed office. I knock on the door frame and poke my head through the open door. “She’s not there and, even if she was, that freak isn’t gonna talk.” A voice behind me called in almost a flirtatious voice. I turn around to see a pretty woman standing about two feet away, leaning on the wall with her shoulder. “Oh, I'm sorry, what?” I asked in confusion to be sure I heard her correctly. Was this lady shit-talking her boss right inform of their office? “You’ll understand later. But until then ill be showing you around.” The mystery woman chimed.

 

  We spent the next two-three hours walking around the office building. This mystery office woman showed me where to find everything I’ll need for the job and the people too.

 “And. Oh yes here is where you will be working Mr. Raften,” she said with a slight eye roll. “My apologizes but how is it you know my name exactly?” I questioned slowly and carefully. “Your ID. You know the one clipped to your breast pocket.” She spoke with a sly smirk, eyebrow raised like the snotty villain in a children's comic book. “Ah you are right that is my bad” I  returned with a smile.

  

0