CHAPTER 14: “A Shipper’s seating arrangenent”
78 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

- “And why are we not calling the cops?”

- “Don’t worry Gita, this has happened in the past, my security system is ready for her.”

- “THIS HAS HAPPENED BEFORE?!”

- “Quick cement huh… That’s a new trick very effective, will consider that next time.”

- “Kiken… I’m kind of trying to convince our mutual friend not to call the cops on you. You, saying you’ll break into my home again, is not helping your case…”

- “Utsukushi, I- I know you have done questionable things, some of which we can’t prove, but breaking into Nio’s home?”

- “Don’t worry Gita, it’s fine,”

- “This is not fine, Utsukushi is my friend as well, but this is too much.”

- “Calm down Chowa, I just came to ask Nio for help.”

- “Then why not use the door like a normal person?”

- “Because I’m not shy like you.”

- “That’s enough out of you Kiken! Or I’ll make sure the cops get the footage, and then the only way you’ll see your beloved is from behind bars.” (Smirks).

- “Grrrmmm”

<CRACK>

- (Scared). “Oh gosh, the cement began to give.”

- (Scared as well). “E-ehhh…”

<VLOMP>

- “That’s better... Reinforced… So, Gita and I were watching some anime, care to join us before I help you?”

- “If I had my knife…. No… No… Calm down Kiken… Yeah… I’ll join you.”

   Believe it or not, even Kiken, Utsukushi, the crazy yandere that has made students that have gotten too close to John disappear, has made some progress. She still tries to steal my notebook in some of her break-ins, and she also breaks in to ask for my shipping help, but at least she doesn’t bring her knife anymore. ‘But Nio, why don’t you turn her into the police? Why are her actions not being addressed?’ Simple, we have no evidence of the disappearances being connected to Kiken and trust me I have tried to find them, but she was thorough. As for the break-ins on my apartment, since I can defend myself and stop her, I don’t consider her a threat, so I let it slide in hopes to see her development. But I often wonder, what would happen if I were to find the evidence. She has to pay for her crimes, right? But I can’t help but feel sad about it.

   Tomorrow, we part for the airport and leave for Puerto Rico. I will not bother with thinking about the schedule, since the time difference will give me a headache. All I know is that we’ll arrive at night and that we must be at school at our normal schedule since that is when the bus that will take us to the airport leaves.

   I want to be excited for Puerto Rico, I do, and part of me is. But our groups are divided by classes, that means I will go with the rest of the first years, while my friends are all together in the third year. But well, at least we’ll all unite once in Puerto Rico, all the places we will visit are joint class, so I’ll see them there. Plus, I have my com-link at the ready, should any of the girls need my help. The objective of this trip is primarily educational, but we’ll have some sightseeing time, perfect for some rom-com scenarios.

   After two hours of anime watching, Gita decides it’s time to leave, normally we would have done this at her house, but her parents were out and coming late, and her parents trust me so... yeah. She is reluctant to leave me alone with Kiken, after she found out she breaks in constantly, and that my security system is exclusively prepared to stop her, but she does, and we can begin planning whatever it is Kiken wants to ask.

- “So… Are you here to ask for that type of help, or anything else?”

- “I still don’t like having to rely on you, to spend time with my beloved, but as was previously discussed, my obsessiveness over him can negatively affect my chances. IT’S JUST HE IS AMAZING. A PRINCE THAT HAS GRACED MY LIFE WITH HIS PRESENCE. HE IS PERFECT, HE IS MINE, WE ARE MEANT TO BE TOGETHER, INSEPARABLE. FOREVER, FOREVER, FORE-”

- “Ok, got it. So, what do you want my help with?”

- “I want him to sit next to me on the bus, maybe even the plane if possible. I want to seat next to my beloved. WATCH HIS FACE< STARE INTO HIS EYES. HUG HIM. KISS HIM. MARRY-”

- “Let’s start with seating next to him. I don’t know if I can do that, isn’t the teacher the one in charge of seating arrangements?”

Oh gosh her stare turned sinister; I hope I don’t have to use the emergency panic button. But then her smile returns, the creepy one yes, but still.

- “On our schoolteachers allow students to seat wherever they want on the bus and plane, so you wouldn’t be infringing rules.”

- “So why do you need me?”

- “BECAUSE! …”

- “!!!”

- “Ahem… Because, whenever these trips happen there are always many f- girls that try to seat next to my beloved, and I don’t just mean my friends. And he is such a cinnamon roll that he doesn’t tell them no, he doesn’t know they are trying to steal him away from me. So I want you to create distractions, or something so that I may be the one to seat next to Johnny!”

- “Hehehe… I see, very sneaky!” (Grins).

- “You know… You’re not so bad.”

- “Hearing that from you, makes me worry about my future in society.”

   The day was here, it was 6 AM and my plan was already in motion. Was I at my apartment? No, I was at the front of John’s door ready to pick him up. Did I need to be this early? No, we live close to school, but it was needed for my plan.

<DING DONG>

<DING DONG>

<DINGDONGDINGDONGDINGDONG…>

- “COOOMIIIIING!”

John opens the door, still on a night hat, pajamas, and slippers. I woke him up.

- “Nio… Do you know what time it is? Why are you here? Did we agree to meet up or something?!”

- “No, but I couldn’t wait!”

Not a lie, I have my reasons for not being able to wait.

- “Well I’m nowhere near ready, I’ll see you at & ok, feel free to come in eat whatever, watch whatever, do whatev-” (Yawn!)

- “No can-do sleepy head. We got to leave now!”

- “But we still have time!”

- “We won’t have time, we won’t… that is if you want to get doughnuts before we leave.” (Talking in a tantalizing tone).

- “Doughnuts?! You’re getting doughnuts?!”

- “If we wait ‘till 7 AM the line will be too big, and we won’t get them in time before we leave.”

<POOF>

And he’s gone…

   The doughnuts serve two purposes. To bribe John into going early with me, and for something else as well. In less than 15 minutes John is already ready by my side, closing the door and leaving to get doughnuts with me. I sure hope that ‘KREAMY KRISP’ can handle a super large order, hehe…

- “You know Nio… I’m all for being generous and stuff, but getting doughnuts for all my classmates… Isn’t it a bit much?”

- “Don’t worry, I was saving for this!”

- “Aren’t you going to give some to your classmates?”

- “Not really. I don’t know anyone there.”

- “You don’t know everyone in my class either…”

- “Do you want your doughnuts or not?”

- “Yes, please I’m sorry, I won’t question.”

- (Sigh)… “If I got a doughnut only for you, Gita, Ao-sen, Mattari, Panchikikku, and Kiken, it might make your other classmates feel left out…”

True, but not my main reason. Here is the genius of my scheme…

   By getting to school early with John, I make sure he sticks by me, so no other girl snatches him away until Kiken arrives. John and I will serve doughnuts to his class, while Kiken will refuse to partake, therefore getting the first seat on the bus (the perfect one so that she and her beloved can have the most wonderful time). Kiken, being who she is, will guard her seat, and John’s with her life. By having John help me give away the doughnuts, I make sure he is the last to go inside the bus, therefore he’ll have no choice but to pick the last available spot on the bus, by Kiken’s side, because as if by plot armor, the bus has the same amount of space for the third-year class, two students per bus seat.

   ‘But Nio, what if some student doesn’t want doughnuts?’ Not to worry, over the months that I have spent hanging with John in his classroom I have learned that, as if by plot armor, the unanimous favorite class food is doughnuts… You know, I can see why Kiken would think I’m not so bad. With my level of knowledge on the ships, and the obstacles, my meticulous planning… I am a danger to society; this notebook is a danger to society. Thankfully, I do no harm with it, more the reason to never allow the notebook to fall on Kiken’s hands.

- “Teacher, can me and John serve doughnuts to your class?”

- “Of course, can I have one?”

- “Sure.”

- “Thanks.”

- “Let’s set a table… You don’t mind helping me do you, John.”

- “Nah, I don’t mind. I already ate three doughnuts while you ordered, what’s wrong with sharing with others.”

- “Hey Utsukushi… Want a doughnut?”

   I have no idea, how it is physically possible, but I can promise, I saw Kiken’s pupils turn into a heart shape. I can see Kiken wants a doughnut… Or is it john she wants? … Maybe both? Be strong Kiken, if you fail here, all would have been for nothing, resist the temptation.

   I can see her placing her hand on her bag, she’s probably squishing the life out of the Nio-shaped plush I gave her to release her violent obsessive anger tendencies on an object with my face…

- (Sweet struggling smile). “I would love nothing more than be by your side and eat doughnuts with you for all eternity Johnny <3, but I can’t right now, see you on the bus.”

She begins to leave.

- “Sure thing… She must, really, love doughnuts huh if she wants to eat them for eternity… Wonder why she didn’t get one.”

This dude.

   My plan is working, Kiken is already on the bus, and as the other students arrive they get their doughnuts and make their way to the bus.

- “John, how nice of you…”

- “You’re so kind.”

- “Thanks…”

- “Oh, it wasn’t me, it was Ni-”

- “Thanks, John…”

- “Don’t even bother John… Hahaha…”

   The other girls in John’s square of suitors are already on the bus after picking their doughnuts, so is Ao-sen, and so are the rest of the third years, all that is left is John.

- “Well John, thanks for the help, see you at the airport, or in Puerto Rico. I’ll be going to my class.”

- “Sure thing, man, see you there.”

As John and I begin to part ways, I hear a scream from the third year’s bus.

- “MIDGET!... I mean… NIO… THE TEACHER WANTS TO TALK TO YOU, COME HERE!”

   Leave it to Panchikikku to blow up your eardrums. I wonder what the teacher wants from me, it’s not like we did anything wrong, I even asked for permission. I make my way to the third year’s bus.

- “Umm, Miss is there a problem.”

- “Not at all. It’s that one of our students was not able to make it today, and Miss Kiken suggested that since you helped John give away doughnuts for our class, and since you often visit us, maybe you would want to ride with us.”

   I can’t believe what I’m hearing. I look at Kiken, who is currently seating next to John (probably because she offered profusely, as I can see an open space next to Gita on the back of the bus). She has her normal eerie smile. I don’t know if I should worry over the fact that one of the students was mysteriously unable to make it, or rejoice that I’ll have people to talk to.

- “Ok, I’ll be in your care then.”

- “Great. You can take the seat next to Miss Gita.”

I make my way to seat next to my second-best friend.

- “I guess this is part of one of your plans Nio.”

   Naturally, Gita knows, since Kiken decided it would be great to ask for my help in my house when Gita was right beside me.

- “Yes, but this wasn’t part…”

- “W-well I’m not complaining. At least we can talk about music and stuff…”

- “Sure thing, let me just ask Kiken, what the heck is going on just in case.”

I press my com-link to communicate with Kiken.

- (Through com-link). “Before you ask, I did this so you can listen in, and assist me if needed… And because I broke a flowerpot on my last break in… Sorry.”

- (Through com-link) “Thanks, Kiken…”

- (Through com-link). “Don’t thank me, make sure my beloved and I have a good time… Now give me a topic to suggest, one that will make my beloved TALK ENDLESSLY< I WANT TO HEAR NOTHING BUT HIS SWEET VOICE RESONATING ON MY EARDRUMS...”

- (Through com-link). “Ask him about the recent release of the newest battle anime.”

- (Through com-link). “You think, he’ll want to talk anime? … My beloved is not you…”

- (Through com-link). “Answer me this. Who’s John’s best friend? Who knows him best?”

<SNAP>

My cue to shut up.

   Kiken spent the entire bus ride listening (if not drooling) to John speak about anime, at some point he decided to reveal why he loves cherry juice so much. Gita and I shared music, at some point she showed me a recording of a guitar rift she was working on, which was awesome by the way. At some other point I decided to tease Gita over the fishing incident, which caused the poor shy beauty to blush and hide her face, I made sure to whisper to prevent Kiken from listening. Ao-sen spent her time explaining the lore of her delusion to a guy that loves to play ‘Dragons and Dungeons’. Mattari was doing homework the third years don’t even have yet. And Panchikikku was talking to her athletic classmate about the sports festival. Overall everything was going well.

   When we reached the airport, I told Kiken that she just needed to keep John busy with conversation, and he’d seat with her on the plane. She glared at some girls that approached him, but no threats were uttered, win for Kiken.

   Gita and I sat together on the plane again, and at some point, during our flight, we both fell asleep listening to our respective music, no I didn’t use her shoulder as a pillow, nor did she use mine. I had decided to wear my ‘pava’ already, so I hope I didn’t poke her by accident.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f462d5947397665775a4743705a673d3d2d313235323231353639362e313730356431396635663635636436653839353731383436303238392e706e67

Some hours later we were already in San Juan, Puerto Rico’s capital.

- “Hmm… Nio… It seems we fell asleep.”

- (Yawn). “Yes… Oh dang… My phone is dead, didn’t turn off the music while I slept…”

- “You’ll charge it at the hotel, we got to go.”

- “You go ahead, I need to go to the bathroom real quick…”

Last words uttered before disaster…

   I went to the plane’s bathroom and after coming out it was empty. I left the plane and found that the airport was full of people, with no sign of the third-years. Thank goodness that the signs were in both English and Spanish or I would be doomed.

   I made my way to the place the teacher had told the class that the bus to the hotel would wait for us. Over the commotion, I was able to see Ao-sen’s action hero coat. I decided to follow it. Two buses were at the station. Because I’m small it is hard to move between people.

- “Hah… I made it. Don’t worry. I’m here…”

- “Who is this guy?”

   I opened my eyes after closing them to catch my breath, and I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. The bus was filled exclusively with girls. None of my friends or third years were to be seen. I looked through the window to see the other bus leave…

- “Oh boy… Wrong bus…”

What do I do now? Ok, think, you have your student ID, use it.

- “It seems I entered the wrong bus and mine just left, I’m a first-year student at Eagle High. My name is Toyohama, Niokurinin, can you help me?”

- “Nio-chan?”

- “Huh?!”

- “NIO-CHAN! IT IS YOU?!”

A cute blonde girl on the back was waving her arm frantically so I could see her.

- “Sanagi?!”

- “Like, what are you doing here?”

   On the opposite side of her, a girl with green hair and a ponytail, and lots of make-up decided to speak.

- “Fasshon?”

- “Well, it seems this little guy knows some of you. Don’t worry we’ll help.”

   I knew you would help. I’m not worried about that. What I am worried about, is that this is essentially an All-Girls-High School!

Oh boy, what has our Shipper gotten himself into?

Next time, the Shipper finds himself on another rom-com experience. Will Sanagi, and Fasshon be able to watch over their shot friend, and prevent him from feeling overwhelmed by the presence of so many girls he is not shipping? Find out next on “Protagonist is a Shipper” part 2.

2