chapter 3
39 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Yes, young master." After that, she left.

"Then we can start now," I exclaimed at Ludwig.

"Very well, then do you know what mana is, Luke?"

"Yes, mana is an attribute that allows us to cast magic, and it is also present throughout the world."

Well, that was written in the book that I read.

"Yes and no," Ludwig replied. "Each of us has our own mana and mana capacity. If we use magic, our mana capacity will deplete. So how do we replenish our mana capacity? Our bodies will absorb the mana in the air. "

So what you're trying to say is that our body has a mana tank? Our bodies just absorb the mana in the air to replenish our mana tank that has been depleted. Is that what you are trying to say? .. Then there was a knock on the door. It was Lily bringing the food cart in.

"So what happens if I deplete my mana capacity? If I use it all to the last drop, will I die?

"No, you will not, but you will suffer from mana deficiency," said Ludwig as he drank his tea. "Your body will be weak and probably lose consciousness."

That's good, some of the fantasy books I read is that they'll die or crumble to dust if they went to the utmost limit of their mana capabilities

"Now let's talk about magic," I said while eating cake.

"Young master!" exclaimed Lily. "It's rude to talk when there's food in your mouth."

"It's fine, don't worry," said Ludwig, reassuring her that "young master is still a child after all."

Oh, my bad but Ludwig is correct I'm still a child well not really but its one of the benefits of having a child body so yeah

"Now let's continue. Magic has two types: magic with and without attributes, and non-attribute magic that boosts our physical capabilities, whereas attribute magic allows us to manipulate elements such as fire, water, lightning, and white and black magic. But not everyone will have elemental attributes."

"Then how many people can have an attribute?"

"I don't know, but mostly I hear one or two, while the talented individual can have three or four attributes."

"Then how can someone know that they have attributes?"

"They could just go to the temple or you can hire a priest at the capital to check you up."

I see then I can just experiment myself to see whether I have attributed it or not, but I need to confirm something as well.

"Can attribute users use non-attribute magic?"

Yes, this is one question that I really have in mind. If attribute users can cast non-attribute magic, doesn't that make them broken? They need to be nerfed.

"Well, yes they can, but their mana will be depleted faster and there is no merit to doing so because non-attribute magic only applies to physical capabilities, not magical capabilities, and most attribute users fight at long range distances rather than short range distances"

Well, that kind of balances it then, but they're still broken if they're good at using swords and magic at the same time.

"Can I also ask a question, Luke?" asked Ludwig. "Why, with the sudden interest in magic, do you want to be a magic researcher or an alchemist?"

Well, there was no magic in my previous life, so I was just curious. That's all, but I can't say that now, can I? I'll just make a stupid excuse.

"Well, I read a book about magic and I was just curious, that's all."

"Is that so." said Ludwig as he looked at me, "then  if you dont have questions i'll be taking my leave"

"Yes, thank you for answering my questions."

After that, he left the room.

Well, that definitely helped me a lot, but I guess it's time to rest for a bit.

1