50. Opening of …?
76 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cale Coburn, 23 years old, youngest of the Coburn family.

Cale was always an intelligent person right from when he was a little kid. His family was also a loving family with a lot of money as they were involved in business.

It could be said he didn't really have much of a problem growing up and had a much better life than normal orphan.

Alas-!

He didn't have the same business mind as his parents or his elder siblings.

His expertise lied in engineering but there was not much money in that until you had a huge name for yourself.

And he didn't have that. Still with his father's connections he got much better job opportunities.

But he was not a genius!

And like any normal engineer he did multiple mistakes. This was not acceptable in the war hungry society and he knew that too.

He knew his siblings will not give him money if he was not capable. Plus, his parents married to have someone to handle their business in the first place.

Seeing his job and his only source of money getting slip by, he was fearful.

He knew until his parents died, the siblings will not get even an inch of equity. And after they die all the equity will only go to the best businessman among his sibling.

Due to this he used his father's company's business secrets to make up a deal with some other company with some percent of the equity in the opposition's business.

This action not only caused the downfall of his father's company. But he himself was also cheated by the opposing business.

The only thing that happened right to him was that he somehow met Vera during this period.

He knew her as she was already very famous throughout ISC. So he decided to somehow make a relationship with her.

He was confident in his charms as he himself was in multiple physical relations by now.

And his plans succeeded.

So even though his father's company went bankrupt and he was thrown out of the work. He was still able to enjoy his life.

Like this, years passed.

One day, while he was coming back to his home from a strip-club after taking out his lust. He met with his father and brothers.

Apparently he was caught for selling the company secrets.

His siblings and mother were there too. Hell, his brother even brought police with him to catch him. He knew he was screwed.

But…

The Advent struck!

A portal appeared right above their heads. While everyone was in hysteria of what happened, he sneakily took out the gun from the police and shot him dead.

Bang-! Bang-! Bang-!...

He shot all of his family members and killed them...

Then he swiftly left the scene. He was already feeling fearful of his act, plus the portal above his head a literally scarring the sh*t out of him.

Then the events followed.

In front of Vera he acted as someone who loved his family a lot and couldn't do anything due to depression.

While every day, when Vera was busy he would bring in girls and fu*k and enjoy his life.

His life was going good until…

He was finally caught by Reven. He cursed his luck for the first time in many years.

Reven gave him an ultimatum to tell Vera the truth or to face the consequences.

He knew Reven's fame because of Vera. So he was quite fearful of him and accepted the offer at that time.

But how could he give up just like that.

So he made a plan.

A plan to use Vera by emotional blackmailing.

----- 

"Alright everyone let's go."

Ken said with an expression of excitement which was surprising considering the guy never really showed much emotion.

"Yeah let's leave or else we will not get any good place to see the fireworks." Aleena said.

Soon everyone left the villa.

They went to a large ground near the beach area from where the view of the fireworks could be seen the best.

"The fireworks will soon start!" Dave said.

"This will be maybe our last fireworks show guys so enjoy it thoroughly." Felix chimed in suddenly.

"Hoh-! This may be your last time but not ours." Talos said.

"Indeed. I am gonna live no matter what comes at me. No, we all will survive somehow." Emma said with conviction.

"Guys do you know where Vera and Cale are?" Aimee who was holding Reven's hand suddenly asked.

"No idea. Maybe they want to be together alone to enjoy this. I mean it might just be the last time we are seeing the fireworks. Since the true invasion is likely to start before the end of the next year." Geena said.

Aimee looked at Reven and asked "What do you think?"

Reven's face turned stiff as he heard.

'Don't tell me that motherfu*ker wants to tell that right now.

Fu*k!'

"Aimee maybe this is not the right time to talk about it. I think they are sorting their issues too. You know New year, New Beginning."

'I swear if that motherfu*ker is thinking to use this opportunity to emotionally destabilize her so that he can use her to get more money.

Then I blast that bastard to death.' He thought coldly.

He then ordered 'Empress' to call the guy.

[Calling.]

[No response.]

'Damn it!'

At the same time the fireworks finally started.

SHOOOSH-!

Woosh! Wooosh-!

Boom-! Bam-! Crackle-!

CHRRR…RRR…RRR-!

"Guys looked at that. Its finally beginning."

Everyone shifted their focus to the fireworks at the sky.

Soon hundreds of rockets were launched at the same time. They steadily went to the sky and then burst.

The after-effects that the rockets left were simply amazing.

It was as if the stars from the galaxy had come in front of them. The dome like structures it burst into were looking as if the stars were here to bless the humanity.

It filled everyone with a tinge of happiness in their hearts, leading them to forget the hard time, the past few years had been.

Everyone was simply mesmerised with this heart-filling view.

'Empress just record everything my eyes watch right now.'

[Yes Reven.]

The fireworks continued.

The sky was dyed in colours and lights.

There was a tinge of gunpowder smell in the air but nobody was having any fear of it.

It was contrasting on its way.

While everyone was enjoying the show, Reven got a message on his Seven-Link.

[The President on-line Reven.]

He frowned as he accepted the call.

'Lt. Reven Greh here.'

Surprisingly it was the President who talked to him.

'Greh it is an emergency. Something has happened.'

'Tell me the details.'

'We are…'

As Reven heard the rest, he was flabbergasted. His eyes were opened wide and his jaw dropped.

-----

At the HQ of Ardor Research facility of Maya.

Beep-! Beep-!

Many scientists gathered here discussed various important matters related to Ardor and its possible use and effects.

They were also here to have a live analysis of the portals that were hanging on their heads.

Since they were not allowed to go home even during new year so they brought their families here too.

Together they all were waiting for the new year.

It was just before 12 o'clock at the mid-night. The fireworks festival was currently ongoing around the world to welcome the new year and to say good-bye to the old.

BEEP-! BEEP-! BEEP-!

ALERT-!

[Abnormal activities traced.]

Suddenly 'Empress' spoke inside the minds of all the scientists.

"Hurry! We need to check what is going on."

All the scientist hurriedly entered the lab to see what happened.

What they saw made their faces lose all their colour.

"Hurry connect to the President!" The head of the department, who was none other than Luciel Croft ordered.

"Empress give us the live feedback of every single places which have similar fluctuations right now."

[Similar Fluctuations in...]

'Empress' pointed all the places throughout the Earth with similar fluctuations.

"Someone contact the other nations to see if they have any idea about this."

"Yes, sir."

"Alright we do not have time every second is important. If something like the Advent happens again then we are heavily screwed."

Soon Luciel was connected to the President and explained the situation.

"Okay! I will mobilize the guilds ASAP. Also send me the potential locations." The President replied after hearing Luciel and hurriedly cut the call. 

Then he checked the locations marked and his face turned green.

'Empress call Greh!' He ordered anxiously.

[Order taken.]

[Calling.]

'… Greh here.'

!!!

-----

"Vera I wish to say you something."

"Okay tell me."

"No, its important I want to have time alone with you. Since it's the new year I want to confess and confront many things."

"Okay then."

With that the two of them separated from the group. After the two were left alone, Vera asked "Now tell me."

"So what I want to say is… that… I…"

"!!!"

[Alert-!]

[Detected dangerous fluctuations near you.]

At the same time Vera looked behind Cale and saw Reven running towards them while shouting-

"VERA!!!"

.

.

.

Cale wanted to continue but suddenly a portal appeared right below them and both of them fell inside it.

It was the opening of…

The GATE!

…..

50 Chapters Completed Guys!!!

Thank you for following me on this journey. I hope you will enagage with my work more.

Leave a Review.

1