60. Luring the Boss Monster…!
51 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the other side.

Aimee and the others quietly left from the inner region to the central region with the help of Felix's [Shadow Walk] ability.

They used the same path by which the Manti-orc group captured Parth so it became even easier as no one was present there to ambush them.

Seeing this they were relieved but soon they became even more serious as they knew that the boss monster was going to be even more terrifying than what they could have faced.

Soon their group found the entrance to the central region as it only had one entrance.

In a secluded space near the entrance to the central region, Aimee ordered Felix to stop.

"We should wait here for now. Felix, you go and act as the scout and check the intensity of what we will be facing. Also do not engage with it at any cost.

We just need to anger it so that it comes out of its hole. And it will be better if we do that in a team.

In a direct conflict there is a high chance that we will lose. So be extremely careful"

"Understood!"

Felix hurriedly got ready to leave for the central region to scout first, leaving the others in the secluded area and making sure they were undetectable.

"All the best!"

Aimee said to him while she covered the area they stayed with corrosive mist so that anything that entered couldn't go out alive without her permission.

Felix entered the pathway to the central region.

It was a simple straight path but the path was not greyish like the ones they saw in the inner region, it was dim and dark. The atmosphere here was heavy and hot.

It was so hot that Felix started to sweat heavily.

'The fu*k? Is there a fu*king lava here or something?'

Felix frowned as the heat was starting to get unbearable but he still continued his journey.

And soon he could see light on the other end. It was mostly a straight path so it was quite easy for him to see the end.

The light coming from the other end was reddish-orange in colour. Seeing this Felix was even more confirmed that the being they were going to face was a flame or lava user.

He swiftly arrived to the other end of the pathway and saw the being, the so called Boss Monster.

And the moment his eyes landed on 'IT', his body felt cold all over.

Even in the extremely hot atmosphere, Felix felt as if his body was freezing in an ice cold refrigerator.

The being he looked at was a skeleton.

A huge skeleton!

The skeleton was he was sitting on a cauldron and looked as if he was being cooked. The red flames below the cauldron spew out enormous heat.

The entire room was filled with corpses of many different beings of many different species.

The eyes of the skeleton looked close as there was no fire burning inside his sockets like they normally would in any fantasy novels.

But the pressure and the heat coming out of it was screaming at Felix that the guy was alive.

'Last time when I got this feeling was in front of those monsters we met in Africa. This means that this thing is at least at their level.'

Felix who was inside his own shadow thought as he kept his presence to the bare minimum –almost negligible- so that the skeleton doesn't wake up.

He knew if he revealed himself right now then their plan will end up failing before it even started.

FUUUHHH!!!

Felix sighed inside his mind.

He quietly scouted the area and took a detailed reconnaissance of the boss room and swiftly left the area and went back to inform Aimee and the others.

At the hideout.

Aimee and the others eagerly waiting for Felix to come back with the news.

After about 3 hours, Felix came back and explained the group about the monster.

"Most likely it is going to a Necromancer or a similar being."

After listening to him, Aimee said with a frown.

"Well, we had already guessed that much from the incident in the outer region." Jun stated in an obvious tone.

"So Aimee, you are our strategic planner so tell us do you have a plan of action?" Talos asked her.

The others also stared at them with hopeful eyes.

"About that…" Aimee seemed hesitated a bit.

"Yes… Go ahead and say it." Felix said.

Aimee took a deep breath and continued-

"It is a risky one. Since the enemy is going to be at the same level as we faced in Africa, so we need to be as swift as possible. The longer we stretch the battle the higher the chances that we will lose."

"Exactly! We need to swift and hit the enemy when it doesn't even take us seriously just like the guy captain fought in Africa." Jun said agreeing with Aleena.

"So what is the plan?!" The impatient Ronny asked.

Hufuuu-!

Taking a deep breath Aimee continued "So what we are going to do is…"

And soon she completely explained them the plan.

After hearing the entire plan, the others had a solemn expression on their faces.

"The plan is dangerous but I guess we don't really have any other way so we will proceed and I am sure that we definitely succeed." Said Aimee assuring them.

"Understood!"

The others also knew this was their best chance so they swiftly got ready and left for the boss room.

-----

About 40 minutes later.

In the boss room, Aimee and the others could be seen spread throughout different parts of the boss room.

At the centre of the boss room was the gigantic cauldron spewing out lava like fire. On top it was the skeleton sitting cross-legged. The heat of the fire coloured his skeletal structure in crimson red.

At the same time a staff could be seen standing beside the huge skeleton and getting heated by the flames coming out of the cauldron.

Aimee was directly in front of it.

Talos was on the left flank with two swords hovering around him.

Jun was just behind it while Felix who placed them in their positions quietly took the right flank himself.

As for Ronny, he took his position in the passage way to the boss room and formed a undetectable hideout there as he took out a Sniper which was specifically made for his use and abilities.

HAAAAAFUUUUUU-!

Checking that everyone was on the right place Aimee took a deep breath and…

Shouted!!!

"NOW!"

And…

BOOOOOOOM-!

The moment she gave the orders a huge Ardor made bullet was shot from the positon Felix was.

Yes, Felix used [Hyper Precision] and [Heart's Bullet] at the same time and fired at the skeleton.

RRAWRRRRR-!!!

The skeleton woke up.

A huge amount of pressure was released from his body and bore down on Aimee who was directly in front of him.

At the same time, thousands of Undead beings suddenly came out of nowhere and ended up overwhelming the entire room.

As if knowing that this was going to happen, Aimee summoned her mist field using [Mist Control] and the corrosive mist covered the entire room too.

The corrosive mist turned many of the summoned monsters into dust in a second.

But…

There was still a large difference in strength between them so most of the undead survived.

The mist field did one other thing, that was making the visibility extremely low. 

Aimee vanished from the skeleton's eyes in the mist which angered him even more.

"You lowly bit*h. I will kill you and make you my dog for interrupting my breakthrough." The Skeleton hissed and used a spell while simultaneously raising his staff.

[Wind Tornado]!

The entirety of the mist field started to erase slowly.

It was at this moment…

BOOOOOM!!!

…..

1