Chapter Eight: C: The Testament of Lady Karakahl, Archangel of Gold City
70 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A certain boy had once walked the wastes, raving about the coming of a Queen. To the church he was a madman and a heretic, but to the people he was a prophet. I had the pleasure of meeting him when I was a child, he was locked in a cage and starved. I pitied him, as I would hope anyone with a heart would. He was quite young, barely out of his teen years. His hair long and blonde and all knotted and dry. Cracks formed on his skin and his belly was emaciated, it truly looked as though he could die at any moment. So, I released him. 

Now, many years later I had the opportunity to meet him again, though curiously he was just as young. I know what you may be thinking, “you were a child, surely he was younger than you thought when you met him.” No, he matched the descriptions of him exactly, he was the same. He was young, and short, his hair a sandy blonde, the only change being he now looked vibrant and healthy. Oh, then perhaps it was a different boy? No, I know he was the same boy. He thanked me for saving him, and shared with me information that only that boy could know. 

So what is the point of all this? Well this boy went on to be an important person in my life, popping in and out quite often. He always looked the same, no matter how many years passed. That barely twenty year old boy stayed youthful as I grew older. You can believe me or you can think I’m crazy, but I know that this boy is special. Oh but I’m getting off track aren’t I? What has this to do with my story? Fine, if you insist I will get on with it. 

It was some time, and I hadn’t seen my informant, the little Songbird from the church and I was honestly growing worried. He could have been compromised, or perhaps something worse. My paranoia was dissipated however when Dario came knocking on the door.

“Lady Karakahl, your guest is here,” He announced for me as I laid on the mattress of the throne room. 

“Ah my little songbird, you have arrived at last!” I called out enthusiastically as a girl stepped forward. She entered the light, and my smile faded, “you are not my songbird.”

“No, but you are my light, little Kara,” this strange, yet familiar voice made my heart leap inside my chest. Despite their appearance it was in fact a young man, not any man though, but one who came with great news.

I jumped to my feet instantly, bounced over to my guest, wrapped my arms around his neck and squealed, “My dear prophet! You’ve returned to me, love.” I kissed his face, leaving a green lipstick stain on his soft cheek. Taking a step back, I examined him. “I don’t remember you looking quite so feminine, have you always been this cute?”

“That’s funny, a lot of people have been telling me that.” he giggled, “I am, well let’s just say I am happier this way.”

“So long as you are happy then I shall be happy for you. I know many shifters after all, many of my best girls here are shifters.”

“I don’t know if I’d call myself a shifter, but I don’t think I’m opposed to that. For now I am still the same old me, just a little more free than before.”

“Well that is absolutely wonderful dear,” I released him from my hug, and my expression shifted to one of confusion, “I thought you would never come back, that your work here was done. So then, what brings you here, my love?”

“Even if I wanted to stay away, trouble always brings me back to Eforde. It is worth it as long as I get to see you though.”

“Ha, I’m sure,” I said dryly, his flirting was to be expected, and honestly I wish he meant something by it. “So if you’ve come back, then surely you must have news?”

“News? Well you are a bit more pleasantly plump then I remember, very stunning, though I wouldn’t call that news,” he playfully stuck his tongue out.

“You tease me darling, I mean of my future, not my thickness!” I said, growing impatient. Mind you I was not plump, I was mature and curvaceous. 

“Oh come now Kara, we should savor this time together. Time is such a tricky thing, what was only a decade for you has been hundreds of years for me.” 

“If you wish to play games with me, you know the price,” I said with my silky sultry purr. I led him by the hand to the bed that lay before “her” throne, and slowly slipped off my sash, exposing my nearly bare back, “Show me, are you as skilled with those hands now as you were before?” I said laying on my stomach while kicking my legs. 

He cocked a sly smile and rolled his eyes, “Oh geez, well I guess we’ll just have to see, some have told me I work miracles with these hands,” he pretended to be bothered by my request ,“though probably not to the same level as you little Kara.” Kneeling beside me he caressed my lower back, his fake praise instantly being exposed as he worked his delicate hands over my sore body. I squirmed slightly to direct his touch to the more tender areas and he followed my cues.

“Tell me love, you do have good news don’t you?”

“You know that’s not how prophecy works,” He said as he began to knead my neck, working his way slowly down my spine. I gritted my teeth, gripping my sheets, as he pressed against the knots in my back, massaging out my soreness and pain.

“How is it you are so good at that?”

“Aw shucks, please, you are too kind, it's embarrassing,” he laughed, “I’m nothing compared to you.” 

“Nonsense, you taught me everything I know.” I rolled my eyes with a smirk. “In more ways than just this.”

“But you have definitely surpassed me. Have you found another teacher, little Kara?” 

“Of course not dear, I could never replace you,” turning over, I gently rubbed his round small ears, “my freaky little treasure,” I whispered.

He placed his hands on my abdomen, and began to massage my stomach. I let out a small “oh!” then smiled, “Voxie dear, tell me, how is it you are so good with your hands?”

“Would you believe me if I said I was once a baker?” he said sticking his tongue out.

“Ha, and I was once a proud and noble queen,” I cackled, though I suppose that wasn’t too far from the truth.

He continued to caress my body, as his brilliant purple eyes stared lovingly into mine.

“You always seem to spoil me, but never allow me to treat you,” I said with a purr, “you know I have the power to make you feel better than any woman can, so why not allow me?”

“You bring pleasure to so many, at least one person should do the same for you,” he answered as he began to massage my thighs. 

“Oh yes!” I yelled with a quake in my voice, gripping the sheets with my free hand, while tugging his sandy hair with the other. I breathed in and calmed myself before speaking again, “While I have much love for many, my polycule remains small. Though I have found one I wish to join me.”

“Oh, what’s his name?” he asked, raising a brow, “should I be jealous? Or do you just mean Gentle?”

“Well yes, Gentle has been a wonderful partner, but I mean another witch,”

“The MacArthur girl,” he guessed, “or is it Hawk’s child?”

“You were right the first time, though now I must know what you know of our future!” I leaned up a little.

“I can’t tell you your future, I can only tell you what is happening now,” he sighed, “I would love to divulge to you all the secrets of the universe, but She wouldn’t like that.” 

“She still speaks to you then?” I tilted my head, “what does she say?”

He smiled a sincerely joyous smile and said, “that’s easy, she tells me to love.”

“Of course, to love is all she ever asked of us,” I smiled back. 

Vox, the wanderer, laid himself down beside me and wrapped his arm over my body, Kissing my cheek, “I wasn’t lying about your beauty, you know? I really have missed you in my wandering.” 

“Oh come now, with all the worlds you have seen, surely you’ve met far more beautiful women.”

“And every person’s beauty is unique, if I could stay here now with you I would, but I could not afford such luxuries,” he grinned. 

“You know I would never charge you,” Well, I certainly wouldn’t charge him much.

“You know I don’t mean money, I have my mission I have to complete,” he held my hand, gripping it tightly, “as long as She calls me, I gotta respond. That is my duty as the Wanderer.”

“And what duty has brought you back to me this day? You have been avoiding the question for long enough.”

He smiled, bright and excited, as if he could not contain a secret any longer. “She calls out to me in the silence of the void.”

“And what does she say, my adorable little prophet?”

 “It is time.”

6