{{Chapter ~ 00004}}
33 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Angeline walks down the street towards the apartment complex she's interested in, she starts to feel an unusual sensation. It's like a tingling energy running through her body. She dismisses it as fatigue until she realizes that she can see and hear things she couldn't before. It turns out that she has been affected by Ethereal energy and has gained magical abilities.

As Angeline starts to experiment with her newfound powers, she tries to manipulate the energy around her to create a simple spell. She focuses her mind and channels the energy towards her hands, trying to create a small ball of light.

At first, nothing seems to happen. Angeline begins to doubt herself, wondering if she's just imagining things. But then, she feels a faint tingling sensation in her fingertips, and a small spark of light appears in her hand.

Excited, she tries to make the light grow, but finds it difficult to control the energy. The spark flickers and fades, leaving her disappointed,As she continues walking, she suddenly hears gunshots and the sounds of fighting. Her heart races as she ducks behind a nearby building and watches as two groups exchange fire.

One group is using modern pistols, firing shots that ring through the air with a sharp metallic sound. The other group is using a more destructive form of magic, their spells hitting with a concussive force that sends debris flying through the air. It's clear that this is no ordinary gang fight, but rather a battle between two powerful magical factions.

As the fight intensifies, Angeline can feel the energy around her pulsing with a raw power that she's never experienced before. She can see the magic being used, and it's terrifyingly potent. Buildings shake as spells collide with each other, sending shockwaves through the air. Angeline can feel the heat of flames licking at her skin as she huddles behind her hiding spot.

Despite the danger, Angeline is filled with a sense of wonder and awe. She never imagined that magic could be so real and so powerful. But as the battle rages on, it becomes clear that this is a world that is full of danger and intrigue.

As the battle ends with both sides decimated, Angeline is left with many questions about this new world she has entered. She decides to investigate and learn more about the mysterious Ethereal energy and the magical community that exists in her world. But she also knows that she needs to be careful – she's stumbled upon a world that is far more dangerous than she ever imagined.

With the adrenaline still pumping through her veins, Angeline continues on towards the apartment complex, her mind racing with thoughts about the battle she just witnessed and her newfound abilities. But as she walks, she can't help but feel a sense of unease. She had always been a careful person, but now she knew that she needed to be even more cautious.

Angeline arrives at the apartment complex and begins to browse through the available listings. She finds one that seems perfect – a cozy one-bedroom with a balcony that overlooks the city. It's in a quiet neighborhood, far away from the chaos and danger of the battle she just witnessed. As she fills out the rental application, she can feel the weight of the last few days lifting off of her shoulders. This new apartment represents a fresh start, a chance to leave the pain and betrayal of her past behind and embrace this new world of magic and intrigue.

As Angeline unpacks her belongings and settles into her new apartment, she can't help but feel a sense of excitement and anticipation. She knows that she has a lot to learn about this new world she has entered, but she's determined to make the most of it. She spends hours practicing her spells, experimenting with new techniques and trying to hone her abilities.

Despite the danger and uncertainty that comes with living in a world of magic and intrigue, Angeline feels more alive than she has in years. She knows that there will be challenges ahead, but she's ready to face them head-on. For the first time in a long time, she feels like she's truly in control of her own destiny.

1