Chapter 6 – Aoife: 7 weeks ago
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I took two small packages out of a van and went to a nearby house. The doorbell rang as I pressed it, I waited a few seconds before someone opened the door. “I have two packages for Charles Webb.”

“That is me.”

As he took packages, I handed him the terminal. “Can you sign here please?” Once he did, I returned to my van. I went back to the depot, I switched to my car, and I sent a message to my mom, ‘There is a lot to do in the shelter today. I will be late for dinner.’

It took me an hour to get there, hallway through I stopped and changed my plates. I parked far out of the street and made sure there is no direct line of vision to my car. I double checked coordinates on my GPS and compared them to the one on the phone. They matched, I put my baseball cap on, sunglasses and face mask. I went to the back of a car and took a hand truck. I placed the boxes on it and went to the house, the door opened, and a person stood there.

“You can place them in the kitchen. Thank you.” He said as he guided me there. I unloaded these boxes, as he turned back to take scissors to open them I unholstered my silenced gun and shot him twice to the chest. He did not even register what happened and died instantly. From the living room I heard someone yell.

“What was that noise?” As she came, I shot her, she leaned against a wall, terrified. “Please no,” she screamed as I shot again. I checked the whole floor for others but there were none, so I slowly went up the stairs. I watched every step to ensure that I did not get assaulted nor alert anyone. There should be one more target. I slowly opened the first door but there was no one there, the same was for the next one. I could hear a TV from the room on the right. Going slowly while pointing my gun and ready to shoot I looked inside to see a woman, with headphones on, listening to music. I shot her straight in the head, her head fell onto a keyboard.

I checked the remaining rooms for more people but there were none. I examined my phone again, there was mention of surveillance in the house but that it is a home system, not connected to security. Recorder was in the cupboard behind the stairs. I unplugged everything and took the hard drives out. Checking the house for money yielded nearly a grand, I ignored other valuables as they would make it easy to track me and would be otherwise hard to sell.

I took my phone and pressed the ‘Done’ button, then I snapped the pictures of the bodies and sent them to the client. Once I confirmed that I did not leave any traces I took a hand truck and went back to the car.

I drove straight to shelter, I needed to be there shortly, hallway through I changed back my plates. As I drove, I got a message on my phone ‘€4000 has been wired to your usual account’. Now I only need to exchange the cryptocurrency and put it with the rest.

I arrived at the shelter; I went in as naturally as I could. I started to clean and acted as If I was there for hours. Today only me and Nathan are supposed to be here, and he never seeks me first, he is too busy doing his stuff to care.

5 minutes ago:

I stood there and watched as Arthur dug his own grave. My biggest hit so far, one that I nearly failed, he gave me too much trouble. I could not shake the feeling that something is wrong, he is there, surrounded by us yet he acts so calm, unfazed by everything.

He had the entire day to prepare for, he was watched but considering what he is known for, he could perhaps do it. The question is what and how does it help him now. We all thought that he would disappear or come with an entourage of man, but no. He just came and surrendered; It was anticlimactic. I itched for a fight, to prove once and for all that I am better than him.

I had my hand on the trigger ready to shoot. Ciaran seems to be at ease. Perhaps it is that I am intimidated by his reputation, he is only one human, regardless of what he is known for. They talked, he wanted to hear his story. I would prefer if he just ended it, too much of a risk. But Ciaran is the one calling the shots, he is not someone I want to anger. If I play my cards right, I will work for him, the door to bigger opportunities will open for me and I will be set for life. As I stood there I started to recollect the events that led to all of this.

0