Chapter 15: Carlo
113 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What do you think you two are doing! Why are you taking that thing outside?!"

"Don't worry. This is a part of the experiment! Later, Director Horace!"

"Come back, you two! Why not finish the NRS first?!"

Ever since they made up their minds, Tomoya and Yuuta started to treat Chisa like a human being.

"Where are we going next?"

A year ago, they went to Mt. Fuji. Two months ago, they travelled to Russia. Nobody in the research facility ever questioned them, as they all believed it was a part of the experiment.

"Actually, for today, it will only be us two."

"I... I see..." Although she doesn't have blood, Tomoya can tell that she was flustered.


"I can't believe you brought me to a 5-star restaurant!" It was the best restaurant in the country, atop a large hotel, overseeing the entire city. The only people who can afford to be there were famous actors, business magnates, and the likes. Tomoya and Chisa were the odd ones there, but they forgot about it as they were only aware of each other's presence.

"....well, time to use our hard-earned cash, shouldn't we?" Dressed their best, Tomoya on a suit and tie, and Chisa on a Cheongsam dress, they ate to their hearts content.

"Mhmmmm! I know I am just a robot with taste buds, but this is amazing!"

"Ahahaha..."

Tomoya raises his wine glass, "Kanpai."

Chisa looks directly into his eyes, and whispers in a slightly seductive tone, "Kanpai."

"Exactly the same..."

"Hey, Chisa. Do you want to go outside?"

"Sure."

After eating dinner, both of them sat on a bench overseeing the Tokyo bay. The sun was setting and both of them were looking at the horizon.

"This is the best. I can feel the wind brushing on my cheeks, the smell of the salty ocean, and the beautiful sunset with the moon starting to come into the view."

"Chisa..."

"This beats those stupid tests back in the lab. Why did I even volunteer? Geez! That was so painful you know?" Tomoya leans towards the ground and covers his face.

"It's okay, Tomoya. I forgive you for doing those stuff. Besides, after that, you did things I loved. I've always looked towards Fuji-san, you know? Just looking at those snowy peaks makes me think 'Ahhh! I wanna climb that mountain and feel the mountain breeze'"

"I know."

"I was surprised when we travelled to Cape Soya, I was not prepared for the cold!"

"That's true..."

"And man, the Red Square is as awesome as I thought! You would never see that amazing architecture in Japan!"

"..."

Chisa, then, slowly touches his hand.

"... and today, you granted my final wish, didn't you?"

Tomoya finally broke and immediately embraces Chisa tightly. 

"I'M SORRY!!!!!!! SACHI!!!!!!!!!"

Chisa places her hand on his chest, "I've been watching you constantly, you know? I can see the pain in your eyes when we were camping under the moonlight, the sadness on your face every time we left the laboratory, the regret that filled your every word."

"I DIDN'T DO ENOUGH!!!! I WAS TOO FOCUSED ON MYSELF!!!!!"

"There, there. I understand. I'm sorry for leaving you alone. I always knew that that day would come. Everyday was hell, you know? If only I was better built-" She places her cold lips on his, warm and tender, and stares into his eyes, "-there would be tears coming out right now, you know?" But her pained expression was well too obvious.

"Sachi... I-" She covers his lips with her fingers, "No. You can never utter those words at me." She stands up, and stretches her arms, "Did you know, when the NRS level of a person reaches 10, they could die?"

"W-what are you saying?"

"I think we did as much as we can, right? But there they are, look." Several men in suits were headed towards their direction. "You have to do it, Tomoya."

"I CAN'T!!!! I CAN NEVER, EVER HURT YOU, SACHI!!!"

"I'm Chisa, I'm just an imitation, you know? Scarily realistic one, that is."

"IMITATION OR NOT, YOU ARE JUST AS REAL IN MY MIND!!! If I proceed with the experiment... If I kill you... I could never life with myself ever again."

"...Ahhhhh!!! I have a great idea." She pulls Tomoya, making him stand away from the bench, and looks at him with glee, "You are now... Carlo! That means 'free man' from Middle Low German 'kerle' Random, I know!"

"I... I don't get it..."

"If you can never live with yourself, then, just live another life!" The men in black tackled both Tomoya and Chisa to the ground.

"Promise me, Tomoya, no, Carlo... Kill me."

7