Collection.
72 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yazyona, now chugging at a metal vial of water, chokes while pounding her chest. “T-The sflat did you just say?”

“What is your relationship with the Madam Supreme, Patroller Miya?” Aznra asks while throwing all of the screens into the air.

Miya glares at him from across the room, only to sniff then look to the side.

Arnza caresses his chin for a few seconds, then a smile expands across his face. “Enlighten me, Ms. Yuna. Why did you aboard this planet?”

Miya’s eyebrow twitches. She then exhales with another chilled breath.

“Perhaps, you’re superiors were intrigued as to why the Ya’valt quarters was moved from 399-G. Or maybe the experimentations involving Zenesect was the reason. Don’t be shy, this is an open space.”

Yazyona tilts her head with a grin. “Yeah, as in start speaking or he’s going to have to dirty up another clothe.”

Miya shakes her head then looks up at Yazyona with her eyes raised. “It's like… An itch like right above my forehead to the right. Think you can scratch it for me?”

Yazyona’s ivory eyes give off a silver gleam as she reels back her fist. “Gladly.”

A gust of wind pushes Miya’s hair back as Yazyona’s hand disappears in a blur. 

“Don’t.” Aznra affirms, making Yazyona’s fist stop only a mere few inches from Miya’s cheek.

She then throws her fist down and sits down on a white sofa near the door with crossed legs. “Whatever you say, boss man.”

Aznra sighs and walks in front of his desk, tapping the surface and causing a white square to light up in a blue neon hue. The square then lifts up into a small compartment, revealing a swirling blue crystal covered by a small black glass tube.

He takes the crystal and holds it up eye length, gazing at it as if in awe.

“Do you know what this cobalt gem is, Ms. Yuna?”

Miya nods her head.

“It’s a very special mineral that’s only grown here, on 4056-E. This planet has the perfect atmospheric pressure, weather conditions, and density for these gems to crystallize and form in large clumps. If you came down the shaft, you might’ve noticed our little construction project.”

“I also saw the artificial reservoir that you created to shield your underground home. Or was it because of the impending doom of solar radiation from this planet being to close to it’s home star? ” Miya replies.

“Ah, so you do understand me. Good, well you are half-Ya’valt after all. I must give Tureb credit where it’s due, it’s a shame he’s no longer with us. He was one a kind.”

Aznra then shoves his hands halfway into his pockets with a sullen glance at the floor. “It must have been a shock seeing your birthplace in such a putrid atmosphere. How was it, seeing it for the first time, I mean.”

“She laughed like a maniac.” Yazyona responds, in the middle of shoving a blue potato chip in her mouth. “Like it was some type of joke. Shit, if that fat fuck was my father then I’d—“

“He was not, my father.” Miya seethes with a short turn of her head.

“Of course, you’re right, Ms. Yuna. He was not your biological relative but in fact your nurturer, someone that simply watched over you as you matured.” Aznra attempts to reassure with a smile.

Miya lowers her eyelids while gazing at the enclosed crystal in his hand. “That’s Sarinchalt, isn’t it?”

Aznra’s eyes widen as if surprised by her answer. “Indeed, you are correct. But knowing that could put you in a lot of trouble, Ms. Yuna. How did you get that information?”

“Let’s just say that some of the people trapped in your underground city of lights aren’t to pleased to be here.”

Aznra tosses the capsule into the air, its crystal gleaming in the white light above as he continues to lunge and catch it. 

“Ah, I see. You must’ve used someone in our ranks to retrieve encrypted and locked data. No matter, we were going to dispose of them all sooner or later. This just gives us another justification.”

Miya clenches her teeth with a glare. “Why am I still here? You must be keeping me alive for something. What do you want from me?”

“How intuitive, Ms. Yuna.” Aznra smirks while walking down in front of her stopping a few feet away. “You know what I like about business?”

He waits a moment as if waiting for Miya to answer.

“It’s making friends, contacts, especially with individuals who are like yourself.”

Miya scoffs with a shake of her head. “You don’t know me.”

“Oh but I do. In fact, I see your potential, young miss. Vehemence is what separates us from other people, they wouldn’t understand what we have gone through to get to where we are today. How this is truly our nature, true predators, the top of the astral foodchain.” Aznra states with raised hands for flare.

“I saw you’re work you did to my associates back in the VIP suite. Despite this being your first deployment, you’re eager to prove yourself. Not giving, and excuse my language, a dam about who gets in your way. Because, you can easily exterminate them as need be.”

Aznra then bends down and caresses Miya’s cheeks with two of his hands, her jolting away with an intense stare.

“However, remember what I said a few moments earlier? About the strong being that way, because they know their weakness? Well, I know what makes me weak; And that’s not having the right people in my inner circle.”

Aznra then grips her chin within his palm with a wide smile. Miya’s cheeks begin to frost, then blister red from the cold burns emitting from his frigid-bleak hands.

“And plus, you’ve caused quite the vexation. Massacring two of my head scientists, damaging a third, destroying my personal cultivation centre, and scaring off potential investors to the company.”

He then swipes Miya’s head down, making her gasp as her skin starts to swell.

“Oh yes, you owe me a lot. And I’m not letting you out of my grasp until you pay in full.” Aznra growls while walking back up the stairs.

He then sits at his desk with crossed legs and scrolls through some of the holo screens while gesturing his hand to the door.

“We’ll be in touch, Patroller Miya. Yazyona, please escort her out. I’m finished conversing.”

Yazyona hops from her seat and knocks on the ice, still encapsulating Miya. “Guess we’ll have to get defrosted first. Or maybe I’ll just drop you off outside and you can find your own way out? I think the ladder sounds more entertaining.”

Miya’s eyes glance to the side, a peculiar ringing filling her eardrums. Yazyona squats down and looks at the doors.

“What? You want to leave us so soon? That’s not very nice.”

A loud whir echoes behind the exit doors and reverberates through the room. Yazyona and Aznra look at the shuttering black double doors in front of them, gushing with air as if something was pushing to get inside.


4