Clarification.
56 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ashihei rubs the stubble at the bottom of his neck. "So if I'm getting this correctly… Our planet was sold off through a set of agreements to a rebel group, and they used some sort of unknown technology to transport us far distances that's connected with the people that were living underground?"

Miya nods, still standing up with her hands crossed behind her back. "Correct. My initial mission was to locate Kekdric Giroka, a scientist for Stravos who was known for his research in genetic-mutations. He unfortunately died before I could secure him to safety, at the hands of his own serum may I add."

"So those beasts that kept popping up on the surface, was them testing this enhancement they were making down below?" Loliel inquires.

"The doctor had the same sort of reaction and characteristics as the mutations we fought above ground, so yes it's safe to say that was the case." Miya confirms. "Though, it was labeled something peculiar… YMO-Tech 12, if I'm not mistaken."

Emilia's eyes veer over to Ashihei. His eyes widened while pinned to the ground.

"You may want to say that a little louder please. I don't believe the rest of us could hear you."

Ashihei locks eyes with Emilia and then looks at Viva and Miya with a nervous grin. "Ha… I didn't… I didn't say anything, actually, so…."

"You said, 'There's no way in hell that they would still be using the enhancement drug, that thing hasn't been stabilized since Neywark was in charge'."

Emelia tilts her head to the side with a smile. "So you know of this drug. And who's Neywark? I know everyone that is of interest when it comes to investigations under my review, and he just now came onto my radar."

Ashihei lets out a dry cough and then loosens his tie with a nod. "A-As I said, I don't know-"

Vivi reaches for his fist resting on his knee. Her finger grazes Ashihei's knuckles, and he smacks her away, jumping up from his seat with a gasp.

"Ashihei…" Vivi rubs the back of her hand with lowered eyebrows while the corners of her eyes begin to glisten. "You've been acting strange ever since last night… What's wrong with you all of a sudden?"

Loliel hugs Vivi by the shoulders, watching as her mother hides her mouthed cries while sobbing within her grasp. The tears sliding down her face are reflected in Loliel's eyes. She then glares up at Ashihei with a scowl.

"You've been acting weird even before then! When we were brought back news about our planet being transported, you got mad for no reason! You even got upset when I tried to convince you that Valeria was alive, and now this! You're hiding something dad, and it's hurting everyone around you!"

Ashihei's eyes trace around the room. His hands start to tremble at his sides, at which he balls into fists. "I'm... I'm just a bit fatigued from the batch of work I've been-"

Emilia raises her finger in the air, making him stop mid-statement. "You can either grow a pair and tell your family who you really are, or I will and end this senseless drama. You've been going back and forth with yourself in your mind like a child unable to pick a flavor of licorice at a candy store. You've got three seconds."

Ashihei's eyes dilate as he raises his hands with a nervous smile. "B-but, what're you talking about I've been-"

"… Two." Emilia counts down.

Miya shakes her head. "If it wasn't obvious from knowing your names when you walked in the door, she can read minds you idiot. You'd best tell your loved ones what deal you made with me also."

"Deal?" Loliel's furrowed brow locked under her intense glare. "And now you're making deals that you can't even discuss with your family? Tell us what she's talking about now!"

"… One."

Vivi nods, wiping away the beady residue thinning down her cheeks. "Please Ashihei… Just talk to us how you use too…."

Emilia sighs and leans her elbow onto the seat with a raised hand. "I gave you the chance Dr. Yamauchi. Regarding his status-"

"I'm an Intelligence Analyst for the Conglomerate of Earthian Nations! I've been conducting deals and retaining research between Stravos and COEN for several months now regarding YMO-Tech and their genetic-farming house…!"

Ashihei's heavy breaths echo around the room as his shoulders sway up and down. He then looks over the room's occupants, his eyes going white as if just realizing what he said.

"Conglomerate of Earthian…" Loliel's eyelids lower as she glares at Miya. "COEN…? Is that what it stands for? Why didn't you tell me!"

Miya shrugs her shoulders. "I gave you some hints, didn't I? I can't give away the entire riddle or you'd just make the clown suspicious that his joke's been found out."

Vivi sniffs and clenches her hands onto her thighs. "What… What do you mean you're an Intelligence Analyst…? And that you've been communicating with the people who've been sending up those dangerous beasts? Why didn't you say something? Why didn't you warn us about them?"

Ashihei purses his lips while looking to the side. "I'm… I'm sorry…."

"I suppose it would've blown his cover." Emilia surmises, tapping the black glass table and allowing a rectangular compartment to pull out. "Guess some things are worth a lot more than family. I was once a soldier, Dr. Yamauchi, so I can understand your undaunting loyalty…."

She then removes a black cigar from the compartment, tapping the edge and placing the metal claro at the bottom of the shimmering glossed lips.

"… However, you did just reveal that you were relaying information to a now Beath-classified crimstat organization. Making you guilty for self-voluntary association, regardless of you belonging to the COEN. They aren't here to help you now, quite unfortunate."

Emilia's chest raises up as she inhales the fumes from the cigar, then lets the red smog ooze from her nose.

Ashihei sighs, looking over at Vivi, giving him a look of concern and betrayal, while Loliel glares at him with disdain. He's unable to keep eye contact and swallows a glob of dry spit resting at the back of his throat.

“So what… So what happens now…”


2