Identification.
19 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Gala Fol has experienced one-hundred and seven cases similar to the mecha brute attack in the past cycle. Sophisticated and advanced technologies utilized by high-crimstat organizations were once the norm, but now we’re seeing an increase in low-crimstat individuals accessing similarly dangerous devices.”

“The newest occurrence being the distortion device used in an attempt to abduct both the Liefdevoor Kleur’s sesnir and mid-civ Orimi Amuriha earlier today on Amaranthus Yen.” Emilia finished.

Amamus flipped through a holographic notebook sitting in his lap; His lemon pupils then widened. “Which was also thwarted by the same Miya person, right?”

Emilia nodded. “Correct.”

“This Miya… Who are they exactly? I’m sorry… Just a bit curious is all….” Mistyi murmured while fiddling with her black locks.

“Miya Yuna,” Amamus started, flipping through his notebook. “Female Ya’valtian-Human hybrid. Was the only graduating member of her class from Crux-Patrol Institute with over two-hundred applicants. She was then sent to the frontlines of the Sadasuvian MS-12-9, where she claimed two hundred and seven confirmed kills.”

“Two-hundred and seven…?” Mistyi put a hand up to her lip in thought. “Wait, wouldn’t that mean she’s qualified for a Nexerian crest?”

“Under Nors Brivoda protocol, yes, she does. However, she’s barely on her sixth frost cycle, so she’s too young to receive it just yet.” Emilia answered.

Amamus flipped another page of his notebook. “Has several qualifications in Basic, Advanced, and Specialized Weapons… Special Weaponry Clearance V… Awarded Expert Marksmanship CompT in Small Arms, Rifles… Expert Pistol and Rifle Specialist First Class… She even has an Expert Sharpshooter Voltobi Qualifier that she plans to get tested for later today.”  

“Sounds like Gala Fol has some interesting prospects. No wonder she’s been appointed a Patroller without psyche evaluation. And she’s already been on two solo missions, no less.” Sheanu grinned with a low growl.

“Sounds like someone doesn’t know how not to pry when there was never an opening.” Emilia accused while glancing over at Amamus.

“It’s the Mlynan Bureau’s job to know all that needs to be known. If I hadn’t known about them, I wouldn’t be doing my job correctly, would I?”

The Ya’valtian hologram flickered. “Out of one-hundred and seven cases of abnormalities stated before, not only did this individual survive this new occurrence, but they, to some extent, completed the task. Patrollers were once used to bridge the gap between Aestero and high-crime markers that autonomously acted above the law due to their influence and connections. A trusted partnership that their businesses would function, though precarious, as long as it did not pose harm to external forces.”

“And all the while, several of our Patrollers are ending up AWOL or deceased.” Emilia added. “It’s apparent that the cricker underbelly has decided that they’re going for bigger game and have the assets or tools that give them reassurance to combat conglomerates like Aestero. The attack on our main headquarters was proof of that fact, and it won’t stop there.”

“So why do we continue the program if they’ve obviously traded intelligence for brute force?” Amamus inquired. “Though brash, we should also seek ways to combat their growing defiance.”

Sheanu grinned, his emerald-green eyes glowing as he clenched his fist. “I agree, a problem I had foreseen for quite some time. In the past, we’d always regulated combative sciences from our partners and respective agencies, giving us the upper hand. This allowed us to monitor progress and calculate potential which we could easily assess and deem appropriate or detrimental to living beings as a whole.”

“However, we must entertain the possibility of entities in the shadows that observed this fact and went an entirely new route, producing something that we’d not yet anticipated and thus making a technological feat that we’d have no countermeasures for.” Sheanu finished.

The Ya’valtian hologram then nodded toward Emilia. She nodded back as a holographic keyboard raised in front of her. She input a set of keys, and several blue and white screens began to blink around the room.

Mistyi grabbed a holographic image of a jet-black curved pistol morphing into a sleek and angular steel-gray rifle with its spiky-purple ammunition running along its sides. Amamus swiped to an image of a monochromatic bodysuit with flaps along the chest, upper arms, and lower legs. Another picture then appeared, showcasing a slender katana-like blade with a bluish thruster attached to the end of the handle.

Sheanu stood while throwing his hands in the air with grandiose flair. “This is the future of Aestero Pol. While our enemies are fixating on mechanization, our focus will be on engineering items for individuals whose genetic structure allows incredible feats.”

He went on to discuss a new program being created, with Miya Yuna being their first candidate. Her impressive work as a field operative and equally impressive innate makeup made her an ideal prospect to battle against the growing use of mecha-ware growing amongst their potential enemies.

Under close examination, she harnessed specialized nano-tissue infused entirely into her biological system, allowing her to recover from life-sustaining injuries and potentially hazardous products. She also possessed a heightened state of physical performance due to a series of injected crystalloids and serums absorbed into her bloodstream, enhancing muscle growth and nerve function.

“Considering this, we designed a state-of-the-art exosuit we’ve named Linkmare, a flexible and adaptable skin shield that’s able to enhance the host’s cellular reproduction while also amplifying their physicality.” Sheanu enthused.

With a flick of his screen, all the holograms projected a virtual image of a black curved pistol. 

“The Xacto-Masu Synthetic Model 1 can reconstruct itself to resemble any weapon that the host can visualize. However, the process of using this weapon puts a significant strain on the user's mind, as it requires advanced cognitive processing to generate such detailed representations of munitions. It is only suitable for individuals with highly developed cognitive abilities who can perform complex calculations in their minds.”

“This seems promising. When will we see weapons and suits like this for mass production for troops and other personnel?” Mistyi inquired.

“Never.” The Ya’valtian hologram buzzed.

“But what would be the purpose of engineering such weapons if they were only to be used by one person? Wouldn’t it be more efficient to test these products than produce them for long-term use?” Mistyi countered.

“And furthermore,” Amamus chimed in, “Wouldn’t these individuals that are making these high-classed weapons be inclined to take what is ours as they may find it promising?”

“Yes, that is the whole idea,” Emilia answered.

“Previously, our approach was to create and evaluate based on external factors. However, we have recognized that our adversaries may attempt to use previously unknown resources against us. As a result, we have shifted our focus to being proactive rather than reactive. We will constantly evaluate potential threats while also keeping our enemies uncertain about our capabilities. We have decided not to reveal multiple aspects of our projects because this would allow our adversaries to obtain them, discover vulnerabilities, and develop a counter-strategy.

“Although the details of the mecha-brute suit's creation are unknown to us, we comprehend the concept behind it. The suit was tailored for a specific person, incorporating their strengths and weaknesses. Even if the suit were disassembled, only the original wearer could utilize it effectively. This is likely why the suit was designed to terminate the host if their suit was compromised, either remotely or by their own volition.”

Amamus ponders, tapping his jet-black fingers together while leaning back in his chair.

“The approach we’re taking is creating weaponry that’s one-of-one. Potential parties that want to obtain information from either 

“So, the approach we’ve taken is enticing whatever parties we’re up against into revealing themselves. If someone wants information, they must try to capture her alive, which would require them to display their arsenal at the same time.”

Mistyi’s tail swished to the side as her lavender eyes widened.

“So this war isn’t about aggressive tactics or fire-power. It’s about information gathering and presenting and creating a buzz. The bigger fish catches all the rest of the hooks, but unknowingly the trout will lead them to deeper depths. And I’m sure whatever parties are involved in this know that for a fact.”

“We’ve come to an understanding. It should be unsaid that Aestero will utilize the support of all agencies for this prerogative.” The Ya’valtian hologram bowed its head. “This will include this moon’s Aestero Brodige. Good Starvas.”

The holographic image blinked off from its black base as it slid back into the floor. The lights slowly illuminated the room as everyone exited until only Sheanu and Emilia were left.

“Does the girl know about this tactic? Any sane individual would probably back down from being a weaponized beacon of sorts.”

Emilia rose from her chair, a smile spreading across her face. “No, but it wouldn’t make much of a difference anyway. She’s first and foremost a soldier, and she’ll do any job that’s presented to her without question. That’s why she’s the perfect person for this role. You could almost admit it wouldn’t be possible without her.”


3