Chapter 2 : A Tight Squeeze – Night Of Horror
415 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the sun was slowly setting ,in always busy city of New York a mysterious wave swept thru few small VR shops from "Epic Vr Games For Fun" company.
No one noticed such invisible wave or what it brought ,as it only targeted three small shops. Not even employees who worked there as part-timers noticed anything abnormal ,it was like no one could feel it.

Although some strong people noticed that something may be wrong ,yet they couldn't find anything abnormal ,so they dismissed it or putted it in back of their mind.
After this mysterious wave disappeared ,it left a few copies of a certain game on shelves.

The only good thing that happened that day with that game ,was that employees noticed that it doesn't have price tag ,it also doesn't have anything written on the box.

It was just a nameless gray box ,with a game. So they decided to put it in the magazine ,thinking that someone made mistake in putting games on the shelves.

That was the only good thing that happened with it ,because it only happened in two shop out of three.In that last shop ,a part-timer was too busy watching his favorite show on TV , while sitting behind the counter.

He had a lot of free time because not many people buy VR games in today times ,even he himself doesn't buy ones.
It was very peaceful ,until a client came into the shop and started to look for new games.

That person just finished his work ,so he went to see if there are any new games ,that were released even if they are on VR.
After walking for a few seconds ,his eyes landed on a gray box that was on VR games shelves. It looked like a game box but without anything except the gray color.

He went to the employee and asked more about this game box ,wanting to know if there was mistake in production. But the part-timer was too busy even to look at the gray box .

So part-timer tried to get rid of him as fast as possible by telling him that it was intentionally made ,as a way to market their product. He called it a mystery game - you won't know until you play it.

The client was too confused with their marketing plan ,so he just asked for the price of the game. At which part-timer froze for the second and said the most random number that came to mind.

"It is 7"

"...You mean 7$ ?"

"Yes..."

"Okay, I want to buy this game"

"We only accept in cash here ,we don't take credit cards ."

"Okey..." - After that person bought it ,he left the store.
He was going to write bad review about this place but first he wanted to see if he got scammed ,so when he writes a bad review he will also add this to it.

So when he came back to his home for the weekend to rest ,he wanted to see if that game was a scam.
After opening the box ,he could see grey disc. So he plug it into his VR gaming set and went to eat something ,while the game will be installing.

The next day his friend came to see him ,so he banged on his friend door ,only to hear the silence. So he tried opening the door but to his surprise it was unlocked. He guessed that his friend
forgot to lock it.

After shouting his friend name for few second ,he went into his friend bedroom to find him lying on bed wearing VR helmet.He tried to wake him up but nothing happened ,he had bad premonition
so he took of his VR helmet and posted it on the ground and checked if his friend was alive. After checking for pulse he ,breathed out because his friend was alive but he worried that he could be in coma.

So he called 991 and waited for ambulance to come and save his friend. Later in hospital doctors were checking the patient for any abnormalities .
Doctors ordered a series of blood tests and a brain scan to try to determine what is causing the coma ,so that proper treatment can begin but they couldn't find anything that stood out.It was like he was asleep but couldn't wake up. They didn't know what to do ,this situation became more and more common with each passing day.


[ Galaga Guy's POV ]

After another boring day of work ,Galaga Guy decides that he is going to buy a new game. He had enough of only playing Galaga ,so he looked thru internet for any new interesting games.
Two hours later he found something that caught his interest ,while looking thru various websites ,he found on "Epic Vr Games For Fun" a game that was only being sold in one shop.

It was being sold for 7$ ,on VR helmet. So he decided to order it ,after he bought it he could see that it went out of stock. Not because many people bought it but because there were only 12 copies that
were being sold. He bought the last on ,he wondered why would they only had 12 copies in their entire stock.But he didn't dweled on it too long.

The next day after the work he decided to play it immediately and check how good it was. Not many games are mysterious as it. After putting VR helmet on his head ,he put the game disc into VR gaming set.

He then clicked start button. After a short while ,he could see Main Menu of this game ,which looks like a game for children ,of course if you were to ignore the background.

He clicked 'New Game' because he didn't think that he needs to change anything in options.In front of him were more options and illustration of weird toy that has blue fur and big red smile.
After seeing it be questioned if he is playing a game for kids ,that was made on Vr. Although it was kinda creepy ,it didn't look bad yet.

The plot was about a ex-employee ,that returned to the factory many years after everybody within disappeared.When he finished reading description of this chapter he again click 'New Game'.
He then felt that something was not right but it was already too late because his vision went black and he fell down onto his bed.

When he regained clarity ,the first thing he saw an anonymous letter inviting him back to the factory to find the company's staff. There was also a Yellow tape on the table.
Before he could try looking around ,he found that he is watching a recording.It was an advertisement for Poppy Playtime and Playtime Co. factory tours.

He tried to look away from it but he couldn't ,whenever he turned he would always see the playing recording.
Just when he was getting a bit scared ,it showed a red flower painted on the wall ,after which his vision turned black again.

After he opened his eyes again ,he could see that he was already in some kind main entrance of building.In front of him was empty reception desk ,which was in front of a worn out painting of blue toy.

The scariest thing about this situation was the feeling like he was really inside that game.He was getting really scared ,so he tried to log out but realised that he doesn't know how.

So he tried to swipe his hands in the middle of air ,he then tried shouting 'MENU!!!' and 'EXIT!' as loud as he can.He even tried to open the exit doors that were behind him but they wouldn't budge.
As he was trying to open them ,he saw his reflection in the glass of the doors. That really spooked him because he looked the same as in reality.

He came to scary realisation that he is inside the game. He had no idea how or why he is here... Actually he knows. He just remembered the opening of this game.
The only possible way out for now is to find that red flower . That was the only exit of this game ,that he was aware at the moment.

He is not sure if time flows is the same as in reality or even if his body is still in reality ,so he can't really hope for help .
He knows that he should better move now because his second problem is supply of food and water.

He is S.H.I.E.L.D. technician after all ,he won't be scared of mere game - (A few minutes later he regret saying that.)
After spending some time calming himself down ,he explored the main area that was there and touched almost anything. He wanted to check how real this place is. The only scary thing that he found so far ,if you were to ignore the tapes ,it would be the toys that were covered in blood.

It took him some time to gain access to the security room ,he had to input the correct code ,which he lucky guessed .
After opening it and watching two tapes wchich were blue and green ,he found the so called grab pack. The only problem with it was ,that it slowed him down with its weight a bit.

Finally after spending so much time in the main entrance area ,he is going to go deeper into this factory.

"Nothing is going to stop me !" . A few seconds later after shouting that he went back and wanted to cry. The blue toy that stood there was too scary .He was scared that it will begin moving.
But after waiting a few minutes it didn't moved an inch ,so he decided to slowly explore the main hall. From time to time he looked at that thing to see if something changed.

Only after finding the power room and getting the key that was somehow hanging on that toy hand ,he could relax as he wasn't in the same room as it.
The power puzzle took only a few min of his time. He was so fast that when he exited to room ,he decided to come back to the room from which he just left.
In the place where that tall blue toy stood was nothing ,only the moonlight shined on that empty place.

"It moved...It looks like this is going to be a very long night" - As he said that ,he gazed at the dark sky ,thru windows on the ceiling of that room.

While Galaga Guy was having a bad time like many other people ,in a gray room laid boy who wanted to scream. Only now did he found out that there were many more options the he didn't chose.
Only after he saved the game they were available ,so he didn't notice them then. How could he knew that he needs to design how to game box looks like and the price tag.

Although he wanted to change it now but he doesn't have any R$ to change it. The second problem that he found was the game he created isn't really compabilited for VR.
He only found about the second problem when ,he went into {Collection} option. He was confused at first why would they need him to design the game box and configure the game.

Only after wanting to see what kind of death game ,the kidnappers created based on the game he made ,did he click 'play' button next to the gray square with the name Poppy's Playtime.
After waiting a few min and seeing that nothing happens ,he decided then to surf thru Dark-Web. But he noticed that something that wasn't in this room before was here. It was a helmet.

When he saw it ,he had a bad premonition. Only when he started the game was he convinced of it - They actually created a game like SAO ,to think that they have so advanced technology.
Now it all started to make more sense. They were forcing him into creating a death game like SAO, which were they selling to the unexpected people.

As he felt responsible for this ,he had to check this game if there was something that he didn't know about. Although he knew that nothing will happen at the beginning part of the game, he was still scared.
How did they get a hold of this technology and why would they force him into making a death games. I guess ,I will never know how a psychopath's mind works.

After he beated most of the game and was at the end ,he could tell that many things that he didn't account were there.
Such as weight of grab-pack and how you need to carry each item in hands ,while you have equipped grab-pack.

After he watched the final tape ,he went into the last room to finsih this game and fix all the problems that he missed.
But to his surprise he was back at the start ,after beating the game.

He come to scary conclusion ,although he added the ending of the chapter ,it will start over the game again instead logging out or going back to he menu.
So if someone beat the game he will be forced to beat it again and again and again.

Now he really needs to find a way out of this game .His only option was to finding anything that would count normally as bug or glitch or else he will never get out.
It is a race against time ,the more time he spends here the more people could die ,while trying to escape from this loop. This really have become a real "Death Game"


Meanwhile in Havenworth Federal Penitentiary ,a two men in suits were walking thru a hall. They were agents from S.H.I.E.L.D. who were on a secret mission.
Even though it was the middle of the night ,they got the permission to pay a visit a certain prisoner. They stopped in front of a cell where their target was living.

They looked at each other and after nodding ,they opened the door and walked inside while closing the door behind. In the cell laid a man in his 40s ,he wore prisoner outfit.
One of them stayed in front of the door ,while the other came closer and asked a question to that man.

"Mr.Melvin my I presume"

"...Yes ,so could you tell me who you are guys and why are you disturbing me ?"

"We have an offer for you ,that can let you be free"

"...Keep talking"

"First ,we would like to confirm some questions. Were you born in Californi-"

"Can you tell me why are you asking me such question ?"

"I am very sorry but we are the ones who are asking the questions here not you .Unless you don't want your freedom back"

"...I understand"

After some time ,the series of questions come to end .So when they confirmed that he answered them all correct , they told him that if he were to accept the offer he won't be able to turn it down later on.
They also told him that he may die while doing something for them. He will also die if he disobeys their orders and he will only know the exact detail if he were to accept their terms.

"You expect me to risk my own life to maintain your pointless world ?"

"If you are decliding the offer then we will be now leaving you Mr.Melvin in peace"

"Haha ,I was just joking .I accept your offer ,so could you now tell me more about it ?"

"You will soon know..." - As he said that ,the second man that came with him put syringe with Propofol into the prisoner neck ,to put him to sleep.

While this was happening the first man started to talk thru his communicator .After he finished talking he helped in carrying that person.
Meanwhile in certain room ,people were doing preparations in receiving a test subject ,that would be soon diving inside certain game.

Phil Coulson was watching their preparations ,when someone asked him how much more time they have before test subject arrives.

"If nothing unexpected happens then he will be here in 1 hour.Also don't call him a test subject ,he has a name."

"Sorry Sir .Are there any news from World Security Council ?"

"The call that I made went unanswered." - (Before he came here ,Fury demanded him to arrange a call to the World Security Council,but the call went unanswered.)

"This situation is very serious ,I hope that nothing wrong will happen"

"...If life was a video game...Id return it right away"

"..."

"...Remember make sure to save everyone "

"Yes, Sir!"

As the S.H.I.E.L.D. people were moving between many computers and machines ,Coulson gazed the last time at the people that were lying on the beds ,before he left.

9